Diablo® III

Upcoming Change to Trail of Cinders

Of course u can tank elites in solo.. the game is easy.. im taking about 4 man party.. u cant tank it if u can join my fking game right now and prove it.. i bet u cant
Reply Quote
no. that's not true. i tank elites in solo and 4 player. just today, i got stuck with three bad teammates. their respawn timers reached 30 seconds really quickly. after that i was the only one killing elites. i died only a couple of times when i made mistakes
Reply Quote
I actually enjoy watching all the DH using this in A4 to there immediate death afterwards. keep it IMO
Reply Quote
ToC is the only fun thing about my DH these days. I went from killing the Butcher in minutes to about 6 seconds and it's fun doing that. It made my want to play more to melt stuff down. It keeps me alive in A3 and A4 and allows me to run at my attackers to do dmg instead of constantly running away.

Sounds to me that 1500% sounded good at the time and now they've seen how viable and fun it is for the DH, so now they want to take it away. #EABOD

I'm really starting to despise Blizzards Diablo team, especially after dealing with their customer support over the last week. AH steals 4 mil from me and the response I get is basically "sucks to be you...nothing we can do about it, and have a nice day."

Borderlands 2 comes out in a few days so I'm going to take a much needed break from D3 and they can nerf all the want at that point. Steal my money + take my fun skills away = one more unhappy customer that is likely going to give up the game sooner than later.

Not whining...just sayin. =P
Reply Quote
i wonder why i keep playing this game.
Reply Quote
I'm so glad blizzard is working on this "bug"....

ROFL

I am proud to play a game with developers who are so in touch with the players.
Reply Quote

"no. that's not true. i tank elites in solo and 4 player. just today, i got stuck with three bad teammates. their respawn timers reached 30 seconds really quickly. after that i was the only one killing elites. i died only a couple of times when i made mistakes "

IF you DIEDDDDDDDD, U DDINT TANKKKK THEM... WOWWWWWWW
Reply Quote
First of all - the patch notes clearly say 1500% / 3 seconds so... bug?

Second - Other classes have skills capable of dealing this much direct dmg while the DH does not until now, and your answer is to remove it? I would be ok with ToC being cut in half.. but really by 5? Can anybody say over correction?! I guess that is what this game is going to be like until 10 yrs from now its stable.. like a drunk person driving on an icy road.. one over correction after another.

Third - if you notice players like it WHY ARE YOU CHANGING IT?! You did something good for DH's and now you're taking it away.. thanks??

Propose - make it 700% dmg over 3 seconds, and stop lying about mistakes. Just admit it was stronger than anticipated and due to lack of proper pre-patch testing it was unnoticed until we started using it.
Reply Quote
Nerf or not, ToC is not that strong. I hardly use it in a public game.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
First of all - the patch notes clearly say 1500% / 3 seconds so... bug?

Second - Other classes have skills capable of dealing this much direct dmg while the DH does not until now, and your answer is to remove it? I would be ok with ToC being cut in half.. but really by 5? Can anybody say over correction?! I guess that is what this game is going to be like until 10 yrs from now its stable.. like a drunk person driving on an icy road.. one over correction after another.

Third - if you notice players like it WHY ARE YOU CHANGING IT?! You did something good for DH's and now you're taking it away.. thanks??

Propose - make it 700% dmg over 3 seconds, and stop lying about mistakes. Just admit it was stronger than anticipated and due to lack of proper pre-patch testing it was unnoticed until we started using it.

because when they want to ruin a franchise, they do it balls deep. Not incrementally. There can be no fun in this game. Period. (well unless you're a barb, then go to town)
Edited by Thorrand#1646 on 9/16/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
made a thread expressing my opinion that will be ignored by blizzard.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6606901282#1
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 03:18 PMPosted by chronic
I am a DH that farms act 3 Inferno. With 47k vit, and 610 resists, I can tank all elites while Shadow power is active. I never die when using ToC. It's so overpowered. What I do against mobs or elites, is I first turn on Shadow power. Then I ToC the pack. Then I cast Cluster Bomb 3 times on the elites. If I play solo I can usually 1-2 hit most elites this way. With 95k DPS

Dude, come on. 95K DPS, 47K vit, 600 resists - that's OP. Blizzard should nerf your gear because of that, right? You have no point here....

You're overgeared, and you still die - good illustration that no matter what, even OP DH is still nowhere near as good as OP barb.
Reply Quote
09/17/2012 08:26 AMPosted by AOHNH
I am a DH that farms act 3 Inferno. With 47k vit, and 610 resists, I can tank all elites while Shadow power is active. I never die when using ToC. It's so overpowered. What I do against mobs or elites, is I first turn on Shadow power. Then I ToC the pack. Then I cast Cluster Bomb 3 times on the elites. If I play solo I can usually 1-2 hit most elites this way. With 95k DPS

Dude, come on. 95K DPS, 47K vit, 600 resists - that's OP. Blizzard should nerf your gear because of that, right? You have no point here....

You're overgeared, and you still die - good illustration that no matter what, even OP DH is still nowhere near as good as OP barb.

yea, not much DH can get 95K DPS, 47K vit, 600 resists. They probably have to spend more than 150m for all the gears.
Reply Quote
Just sell all your super expensive DH gear and build out a beast barb that melts in act 4. They hate DH and love the boring skill free barb that 5 year old children love to play.
Reply Quote
I think the DH playerbase would really appreciate a comment from the developers about how the 99% (i.e. everyone without legacy 4 piece Nats) will be balanced against the 1% who have the old set.

I can't see any rationale for why Gloom was the only defensive skill that received a net nerf, other than the fact that Wyatt mentions DH's with the old Nats set could keep it up more or less indefinitely. DH's aren't exactly unkillable juggernauts to begin with, so why are we the only class to receive a nerf here?

I can't help but feel like the ToC nerf is a result of Nats 4 piece as well. Try using ToC offensively without it-- you'll maybe get a couple offensive vaults off, but will need to conserve some disc for SS/Gloom or risk dying. This is the kind of risk vs. reward that makes for fun gameplay-- do I choose to play very quickly, and burn stuff down with ToC, or do I play a little slower and reduce my risk of dying?

Personally, I enjoy the gameplay with ToC, since it encourages resource-management between using disc offensively/defensively, and trading hatred for discipline via multishot with suppression fire runed. For the first time since release, I felt my DH consisted of something more than either sitting there and blasting !@#$ with SS up, or rendlessly kiting.

It's a shame that a style of gameplay that users seem to find entertaining is being gutted due to a small minority of the playerbase who has a legacy gearset that makes that gameplay style disproportionately powerful. I use to expect better out of Blizzard.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
And this is blizzard listening to their players. Taking the good ideas when given and touting them as 'revolutionary' and ignoring when the community tells blizzard 'Nerfing anything anymore is a huge mistake'. They. do. not. get. this. genre. This game is diablo in name only. The ability to make quality games left when the Blizzard North staff did.
Reply Quote
Please don't change ToC. I play a hardcore demon hunter and seriously, running out of discipline and not getting a back up plan proc from preparation is exhilarating in the middle of a champ pack and should be completely my choice to diminish a valuable resource that is primarily used for defense.

That being said, I realize the 'bug' you speak of is an issue of 5hits @100% /second. Please consider just reducing this to 3hits@100% / second (900%). Or something other than what you stated would become of ToC in 1.0.5. A cut from 15x 100% to 3x 100% is too drastic and as you can see from all the previous posts, this skill really adds another dimension to the demon hunter and not only is it a different facet of a build, it's actually really really fun.

Playing a hardcore demon hunter and vaulting into a mob is not the smartest thing to do, but shouldn't that be up to me? I was so thrilled that finally I wouldn't have to kite endlessly and rely on caltraps - which have only become necessary for DH to even kill from range. So please consider keeping ToC as a possibility for a build by not nerfing it into nonexistence. Thanks.
Reply Quote
This is garbage. You guys put it in and then claim you don't know what happened. ToC stopped me from abandoning my DH.

I like going into a room and blasting away the frontline with LfB and then cutting the rest down with ToC while at the same time hoping I finish the combo without dying. I even jump into arcanes and poisons like that because I want to take that risk. It's like me telling the elite, "you think you're so damn tough? Check this out!" Half the time I end up dead but I like playing like that. My friends find it stupid but they can't deny that my kamikaze boldness stopped their asses from getting swamped time and time again. So please don't make me go back to EA or Caltrops.

Go ahead and call it a bug if you want but 1500% down to 300% is too much. For the love of the game, consider a less drastic reduction so ToC remains somewhat relevant... and FUN.
Reply Quote
I wonder when will those guys listen to us......
Reply Quote
its because of all the people that do nothing but friggin compalin how thw other toons have it easier than the other if people focused more on their own game than other peopes game than maybe these dolts at bliz WOULD LEAVE the game alone
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]