Diablo® III

Upcoming Change to Trail of Cinders

What I find entertaining about this thread is the mindset of people.

If Blizzard flat out said--This was not a nerf and we chose to call it a bug so people would be alright with it. Good chance the complainers would all the sudden believe them and would not call them a liar.

But, if they call is a bug and not intentional (which is what defines it as a bug), than they are called liars. I wonder if some people realize how this is all playing out.

So those who are calling Blizzard liars about this--just ask yourself, if they said what you wanted them to say, would you still be calling them liars so vehemently?

Your point is so incredibly mute and irrelevant to the point its amazing in those regards. Also a blatant attempt to get people away from holding blizzard accountable.

Far from it--It is a matter of people throwing around accusations without realizing the true implications of what they are doing. Just by looking at once's language, you can get an idea of their mindset and even biases.

As for my comment being mute, I would disagree. It points to a greater issue of how some view Blizzard and what is stated is irrelevant so long as it agrees with a persons opinion. I realize that this entire thing has a deeper meaning then some many notice but that is alright, I do not expect everyone to :P
Reply Quote
If you are a player who is frustrated by Blizzard constantly tinkering and making arguably over-compensating changes to your favorite abilities, you have the right to vote with your wallet.

Personally I find knee jerk reactions by developers in any game to be downright disgusting.

If players have found a way to enjoy the game without violating the EULA or breaking the spirit of the game, let them be. Or, better yet, find ways to make the lesser used abilities feel more attractive.
Edited by Kaputt#1475 on 10/8/2012 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm glad my the testing my team does at work doesn't suck this bad (although it does kinda suck). I would literally be on my !@# to the unemployment line in a month. "Did you test it? Yes Alex did sll my levels for me. He might have came on my mom too".

IMO the programmers and designers at Blizzard work in a vacuum lately. That is where more testing and oversight is needed. Look at the recent new "town kill" for WoW. Even their bread winner...

IMO stop spending your money on cool CGI. Spend it making games fun. You made WoW and SC2 fun. I play both religiously. What the hell is up with D3? Now its in the $10 bargain bin?

Instead of your testers eating cheetos and having lunch at five guys every day. Maybe get them to test every skill output on targeting dummies like you have in WoW.
Edited by Veyron#1853 on 10/8/2012 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its not like you can just spam it all day. He takes a bit of planning due to random affixes on champions. It is an ability that can wreck you or save you. That is what I love about ToC, it adds a bit of excitement to my DH. Going from 1500% to 300% is extreme.

Stop treating this game like an mmo. It's an ARPG, if I have put in the time to get geared up then why am I being punished for being "OP"....isn't that the point of playing this game.

Your decisions are really frustrating me and it's hard for me to defend you guys anymore.
Reply Quote
If you are a player who is frustrated by Blizzard constantly tinkering and making arguably over-compensating changes to your favorite abilities, you have the right to vote with your wallet.

Personally I find knee jerk reactions by developers in any game to be downright disgusting.

If players have found a way to enjoy the game without violating the EULA or breaking the spirit of the game, let them be. Or, better yet, find ways to make the lesser used abilities feel more attractive.

Its not like you can just spam it all day. He takes a bit of planning due to random affixes on champions. It is an ability that can wreck you or save you. That is what I love about ToC, it adds a bit of excitement to my DH. Going from 1500% to 300% is extreme.

Stop treating this game like an mmo. It's an ARPG, if I have put in the time to get geared up then why am I being punished for being "OP"....isn't that the point of playing this game.

Your decisions are really frustrating me and it's hard for me to defend you guys anymore.

These +1

+a million, Blizz please listen!
Reply Quote
Those changes make me feel the Dev. Team has no real knowledge of how ARPGs work, the leadership the Dev. Team needs to save the sinking ship D3 has become has to have some REAL ARPG background.

I, for one, do not trust JW and the rest of the team has the know-how for saving the day with D3 or worse yet, upper management constraints and decisions do not let the team take their own path designing the game.

Changes to ToC are a fine example of that
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 06:26 PMPosted by StuPickles

Read this ^^ Blizz, please.

I run my DH with 4pc Legacy Nat's + Vengeance and I can't spam ToC all the time. I don't think I would want to either. Running into a ref. dmg pack with ToC will wreck you if you don't use Gloom.

It drives me crazy knowing that you guys tested this before releasing the patch and were fine with it, but now, all of a sudden, it's a "bug," and you guys are "fixing it."

Have you ever ran into a Epack of Terrors? You know, the ones that drop into a ball for defense? Now, have you ever ran into that same pack with a "fast" affix? You have to kite that mob and you don't have much time to stutter step as they are charging from off screen at an alarming rate. It's nice to have something that deals some damage as we flee. Not to mention the Blood Clan Occultist you guys came up with totally suck. It's nice to have a pack of those buff each other over and over and see a group of 4, all over 100k DPS take a minute or two to kill them. Oh, and your cast rates on Champ packs is a little out of control too.
Reply Quote
I use ToC not for offense but for both defensive and offensive means. It always goes together. I wouldn't spam ToC or intersecting enemies with it since it can cause the death of me, getting close to the enemy at some point is risky. 300% plus placing stacking does encourage using it as an offensive skill. Where else can I find a skill that can have that much potential damage. It will only result in DHs gambling to stack their ToCs because by far its the only skill that deals that much potential damage compared to other skills. Being a DH has been reduced to being running around spamming a single skill over and over again. I understand the part where having to run around is necessary. If you really want build diversity, buff other skills to make it a viable option. Running around spamming a single skill is not having "build diversity". So far this is what I see among DHs, spamming either their multishot or cluster arrow, then run around then back at either of those two skills again. This method pales in comparison to other classes that can dish out different skills, thus optimizing their attack and defense methods, enabling them to make awesome builds. There is no build diversity in the DH class anymore. Everything else is just hit and run. You want build diversity? Buff more skills and add interesting features to them. Taking away something is counter-productive in terms of diversity. Having more means having more options, which is equivalent to promoting diversity, because essentially that's what diversity is. Having plenty of something to choose from.
Reply Quote
What I find entertaining about this thread is the mindset of people.

If Blizzard flat out said--This was not a nerf and we chose to call it a bug so people would be alright with it. Good chance the complainers would all the sudden believe them and would not call them a liar.

But, if they call is a bug and not intentional (which is what defines it as a bug), than they are called liars. I wonder if some people realize how this is all playing out.

So those who are calling Blizzard liars about this--just ask yourself, if they said what you wanted them to say, would you still be calling them liars so vehemently?

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/jayfootball72/EnglishMotherFuker.png
Reply Quote
Hahaha the only reason why they did not hot fix it was because they knew it would drive more players away from the game. Now that they are releasing content which they hope will bring players back to the game, they can safely nerf all fun builds again.
Reply Quote
Now the DH sucks. It used to be fun to play, now it's just boring and hard. Thanks Blizzard!

You make a damn good forum necromancer though!

LoL

I see a couple of people doing that thing below their post, because we don't have a proper forum where we can have Signatures or proper avatars but well let me try that out too TroLoLoL!

DH Stun Build Trolling in MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004447937#1
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 11/19/2012 8:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
It would be interesting to see what the ToC usage statistics are now (among active DHs) since this "bug fix" went into production. Most every DH I know (including me) has dropped ToC for something more useful/efficient.

Too bad they couldn't have found a solution that was a more useful compromise, instead of having ToC go from crap to awesome and then back to crap.
Edited by Zuzax#1341 on 11/19/2012 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
It would be interesting to see what the ToC usage statistics are now (among active DHs) since this "bug fix" went into production. Most every DH I know (including me) has dropped ToC for something more useful/efficient.

Too bad they couldn't have found a solution that was a more useful compromise, instead of having ToC go from crap to awesome and then back to crap.

I still use TOC and still very efficient when I do lower MP levels. . . I use it with Vengeance passive and Strafe, I feel like a WW barb when I just Vault over and over on elites, while getting Health Globes and Strafing especially now that they can stack above each other.

I'll make a video about this particular build and it's quite fun =D

DH Stun Build Trolling in MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004447937#1
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 11/19/2012 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
When ToC was at 1500%, I had a tough choice to make. ToC or tumble. The second low cost vault is nice but the high DPS of ToC was nice as well. I find ToC utterly useless now. Blizzard's claim of build diversity makes me laugh. The way I see it, it's just yet another useless skill that will rarely be used which means lowering build diversity instead of increasing it. Build diversity is created when you have too many good choices and you need to make some hard decisions. (ToC or tumble for me). Nerfing something to the point where it's pretty much useless does the opposite (now it's just tumble for me. It's a no brainer).

Just makes me feel like these devs really don't know much about game mechanics...
Reply Quote
Thanos, you're beating a dead horse. They don't care what you like and don't like, the only thing that matters is that jay wilson likes it and they make money.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Euler
Now the DH sucks. It used to be fun to play, now it's just boring and hard. Thanks Blizzard!

Nice necro, terribad DH complaining because he can't use his crutch anymore.
Reply Quote
I said it when they first announced the reverting of the skill: ToC was NOT a bug. They made the change deliberately to patronize DH players who had their tank build ripped away without any notice (like Wizards got) in 1.0.4. And that's why they never hotfixed it, and instead waited for 1.0.5 to change it back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]