Diablo® III

How to find Legendary Items

There are many methods, but this is the method that worked for me:

1. Run all of Act 1 with above 300 MF (~320 in my case)
2. Run all of Act 3 with above 200 MF (~240 in my case)
3. Do a Butcher Run

You win - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dark-mages-shade

With a Int of 23.

Note - this only works every 15 paragon levels.

Stay tuned for when I hit Paragon Level 30 and get my 2nd legendary (fingers crossed!)

--------------
I'm not QQ'ing. I'm letting those level 14 paragons out there who have gotten 0 legendaries so far, that yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel. But, it's pretty dim. It's still there though! Now my wizard can wear a funny looking hat! (and on the plus side - my hat was socketed...so there is that at least...and it's +8% electrocute damage and I like electrocute...and...it's a funny looking hat!)
Reply Quote
I got my first legendary/set at lvl 13 with similar MF. Thankfully mine was useful (Zunimassa's Chest for a WD main). Nice to know someone has worse luck than me ~_~ But I do feel sorry.
Edited by PeeTrain#1896 on 8/30/2012 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got a legendary and I'm like paragon lvl 3
Reply Quote
I'm just happy the hat was socketed. Seriously. I don't need much to be happy...I'll admit the 23 int was kind of a slap in the face...but the socket and electrocute make up for it. I might even use it some of the time because...it is a funny looking hat after all.
Reply Quote
I +1ed your thread for the 23 INT Wizard Hat.
Reply Quote
I find a legendary every other run. The reason you guys aren't getting legendaries is b/c your probably elite farming. All of my legendaries have come from whites. I just run act (almost whole act) once a day and always get something worth selling.
Reply Quote
almost 15... +200MF : 0 Legendarys
Reply Quote
Oh and if a Blizzard Employee reads this:

AWESOME work on the mouse hover exploding a preview window of the item on the link. That is freaking slick web development!! Very cool.
Reply Quote
I find a legendary every other run. The reason you guys aren't getting legendaries is b/c your probably elite farming. All of my legendaries have come from whites. I just run act (almost whole act) once a day and always get something worth selling.

You can tell from my account kills that I do not elite farm (I kill everything in sight) and I don't get Legendary Items every other full Act run nor even every fourth full Act run. Not crying over it, just how it is for me.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 05:17 PMPosted by bieber

I am not elite farming. Read the notes:

1. Run -->ALL<-- of Act 1 with above 300 MF (~320 in my case)
2. Run -->ALL<-- of Act 3 with above 200 MF (~240 in my case)

And yes, in this case, I found the hat from a normal monster in the Halls of Agony. I had a bunch of Legendaries pre 1.0.4. I'd say around 20 or so. Of those I think only 2 of them came off elites. All the others were from chests or normal mobs.
Reply Quote
I hve found legends, im still waiting for my 1st set item
Reply Quote
I thought MF didn't effect legendary drops?

I got my first legendary drop at P11, not bad but a not top shelf item.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/promise-of-glory
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Haelz
almost 15... +200MF : 0 Legendarys

Give my steps a try! I reached level 15 on my Act 3 run through and found my first 1.0.4 legendary on my next butcher run (hopefully you'll find something a bit nicer than myself...unless you are REALLY into funny looking hats, if that's the case, I hope you find the same thing...cause...it is a funny looking hat)
Reply Quote
2 Legendary items drop while i was in town, if i didnt run back and chk I would have missed them, each droped in different games.

I suspect most drop in this way, not sure how many in total I have gotten since the start maybe 6-7 ?

But there is a few tricks, but I guess the sheep masses wont get it unless someone holds his their hand.

Zero MF = higher Leg drops now BTW
Reply Quote
I thought MF didn't effect legendary drops?

I got my first legendary drop at P11, not bad but a not top shelf item.

See, now THAT'S what I'm talking about! A roll of 112-129 is a respectable range. And yes, my item was only level 58, but 22-75? At least make it like 45-75.

As far a MF and Legendaries are concerned, people debate it all the time. From my understanding though is MF effects how many properties are on an item and that includes Legendaries since if an item has 7 properties...it's a legendary (taking into account properties like +30 dex +30 int +30 str are considered to be 1 property)
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Krogothic
but I guess the sheep masses wont get it unless someone holds his their hand.

You do know that by using a term like "sheep" or "sheeple" or anything remotely like that, you are ironically labeling yourself as exactly that to people who have matured IQ's above 100. Debate it all you like, the likely fact is:

1. You have an average intelligence or
2. You are young

There's nothing wrong with either of those things. I'm just letting you know that you are publicly announcing a possibility of those 2 aspects (or a combination of them) to the community when you use such terminology.

If you are comfortable with that, by all means bah bah black sheep, but if you'd rather put forward a more refined intelligence to coincide with your obvious arrogance, I'd recommend using a different approach. I'd give some examples, but then you wouldn't be thinking for yourself.
Reply Quote
^well that escalated quickly
Reply Quote
HAHA "Ironically" - "Likely Facts"

No I was refering to peeps like you that just dont get the big picture.

"shurg" enjoy your game and them nice drops you are sporting . . . lol
Reply Quote
@Krogothic

OP made a lighthearted thread and you seemed to have taken it seriously. Lighten up dude.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Krogothic
No I was refering to peeps like you that just dont get the big picture.

08/30/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Nivik
if you'd rather put forward a more refined intelligence to coincide with your obvious arrogance, I'd recommend using a different approach.

08/30/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Krogothic
enjoy your game and them nice drops you are sporting

I know you are being sarcastic with your last statement, but I will pretend you really mean it. So, thanks! I am enjoying my 1122.7 DPS socketed 2H xbow with 48% crit damage and 225 dex as well as a ring with 144 dex, +32% crit damage and 3% crit chance. Both I found post 1.0.4 and netted me +17k DPS. I may not have found a really nice legendary yet, but I did not say I haven't found anything.

And even though my legendary hat is only 23 int...it is a funny looking hat. And I like it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]