Diablo® III

The Anomie Scrubbed Out Again DeadPool *PAID*

Does the red gem in your wpn provide better dps than a green gem? I know you have no crit chance on your gear but I get the feeling by now the small increase in min/max dmg is not that great.
Reply Quote
Any more stuff that I could use for my lvl 56 character.

Yea - I know my armor sucks. I shouldn't be alive, so I'm tickering around in the first few areas that I know where I'll be safe. Lots of things to upgrade before progresing any further.

The 2-handed weapon is awasome - and I persoanlly 'Thank You' for passing it on to me. It would be nice to have a one handed weapon as I found an off-handed item with very good stats. So, let me know if you come across anything I might be able to use. ;)

Might come on tonight with little time play as always. Our time zones are totally the opposite. Funny
Reply Quote
Any more stuff that I could use for my lvl 56 character.

Yea - I know my armor sucks. I shouldn't be alive, so I'm tickering around in the first few areas that I know where I'll be safe. Lots of things to upgrade before progresing any further.

I'll keep an eye out, but - you gotta put on the belt/pants. I know the runspeed is nice and wearing legendaries looks sweet but trust me (i've died enough to know, I think), the 12% on the boots (and I won't wear boots w/out 12%) is good enough for move speed - you gotta get more armor. More armor == less damage taken == alive longer. (At least, this is true for me. I've learned I have to be built for the 'everything has gone sideways' case rather than the 'things are going well and I'm avoiding most of the damage anyway' case) When you get to 57/58/59, if you're keeping those legendaries on, you're going to be using up slots that could easily have more armor *and* allres.

As for whether or not you "shouldn't be alive", you got away from the bastids and that's what counts.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/13/2012 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 12:39 AMPosted by crazed213
Does the red gem in your wpn provide better dps than a green gem? I know you have no crit chance on your gear but I get the feeling by now the small increase in min/max dmg is not that great.

Yeah, it really isn't that great going from a lower gem to the star. It's like 1 extra min/max over the next lower gem, which is terrible. I have a stack of greens sitting in my stash, I should probably check it out. Might be a while before I can make one that out dps's the red, but I will definitely check and thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: radiant square emerald gives me like 150+ dps vs. the star ruby. Did some looking and blizzard apparently has a chance to crit for every tick on every target, and venom hydra apparently doesn't crit but damage is based on dps with crit accounted for. so should be pretty good.

Edit again: blizzard dps seems to drop a lot, because you get overall lower constant damage against the group of mobs under the blizzard, but a crit here and there against a single mob. That is pretty bad against elite groups where I have to blizzard kite. Will keep messing with it. or perhaps I'll get more crit chance.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/13/2012 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Aziker
Close call. Remember level 60 (5)...

Well, Aziker - I have to apologize. I remembered to hit 60(5) but then just plain forgot to die before I dinged again. Thank you for playing, your posts were both motivating and entertaining. :)

The game was on your side, fwiw. Got double packed in the Fields of Misery by champion scavengers and beasts with about 3 bars to go. Read the scavenger's affixes, pulled them (they were all I could see) and it turned out the beasts had spawned just out of view and pulling the scavengers pulled them too. Forgetting the full set of affixes but it included molten, frozen, fast. (not really much danger geared as I am now unless I messed up and got chain frozen, but, you know, that *could've* happened)
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/15/2012 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks Anomie for the items - the armor is now replacing my legendaries, which is keeping me alive. The 2-handed weapon is still used, but trying to find a single handed weapon.

Almost there - only 2 more lvl's to go. Might reach lvl 60 in a week or so.
Reply Quote
Close call. Remember level 60 (5)...

Well, Aziker - I have to apologize. I remembered to hit 60(5) but then just plain forgot to die before I dinged again. Thank you for playing, your posts were both motivating and entertaining. :)

The game was on your side, fwiw. Got double packed in the Fields of Misery by champion scavengers and beasts with about 3 bars to go. Read the scavenger's affixes, pulled them (they were all I could see) and it turned out the beasts had spawned just out of view and pulling the scavengers pulled them too. Forgetting the full set of affixes but it included molten, frozen, fast. (not really much danger geared as I am now unless I messed up and got chain frozen, but, you know, that *could've* happened)

Glad you enjoyed them.

Good luck on staying alive.

I pulled 2 champs w/minions and an elite pack the other day on one of my inferno clears... (so many arcane beams... I swear they all had it as an affix).

It was scary.

P.S. I need to start frapsing m scary encounters to share with others..
Edited by Aziker#1338 on 9/15/2012 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Poked my head into act II a little bit. White Lacuni bomb thing hits me for 1/4 to 1/3 (I didn't test this on purpose, I messed up a dodge attempt - but I've seen 3-4 of them pitch that to the same spot and if I missed *that* dodge I'd be dead) and I'd feel more comfortable if I burned white mobs down faster, so I am not going to go in deep enough to run into elites. Will just farm act I for now.

Edit: I've noticed this odd effect where the less I get hit for by something, the better I am at dodging it. I think it's a worry-level thing, when I'm not worried about it I just calmly dodge stuff better.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/16/2012 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I bet on Level 60 (15)
Reply Quote
Oups, the spot is taken, can I get Level 60 (16) please?
Reply Quote
You're in, Geez.
Reply Quote
Thanks and good luck with your grinding. :)

May the HC gods be with you.
Reply Quote
Hah. Unfortunately, 60(17) is already spoken for, and she walks everywhere anyway. ;) No public transportation and *terrible* road infrastructure.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/16/2012 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I guess having tank pets makes a huge difference in gameplay since I was able to clear act2 with less dps than your wizard (I had around 24k). Anyways you have a good amount of Int, so I guess it's time to get some crit chance/dmg on your gear.

BTW your wizard doesn't just walk, I'm sure she teleports when her feet are tired.
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 11:36 PMPosted by crazed213
BTW your wizard doesn't just walk, I'm sure she teleports when her feet are tired.

Or the ground gets too hot ;)

When I walked into act II I had about 21k dps. I didn't know what to expect damage-wise so I was using my shield (trades about 6k-ish dps for about 60-70k ehp, I figured if the mobs hit too hard it would give me that much more time to run away).

I do need to start getting cc & cd. I'm basically doing what I've been doing the whole time with this char, which is working on ehp until I feel like if stuff went sideways I'd more than likely survive unless I play /really, really/ badly, then work on dps. The fact that I could get killed by 3-4 lacuni throwing their bombs (wearing the sheild) if I missed a dodge is scary, although it may be that I just need to l2p and deal with it.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/16/2012 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
pl18
Reply Quote
Hey Anomie, mind if I do something similar to this? Wanted to check with you just in case you had a problem with it.
Reply Quote
No problem at all, run with it, have fun! :) Pick a number in here though unless you don't want to ;)
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/17/2012 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Was in the Weeping Hollow, clearing trash, had finished a double-pack fight a couple of minutes earlier. I go to drop a blizzard on a white pack of 3-5 zombies, and I get the cast animation but no blizzard.

I walk around a bit, try to shoot, cast animation, no shooting.

Pause the game, wait a bit, unpause, walk around, try to blizzard, nothing happens.

Thinking to myself 'ahh, this is it ... gonna have to pay out ... this is gonna DC and I'm dead ...' when I'm magically lagported into the middle of that pack of white zombies. With full health (yay regen and possibly dodge and some block) and my templar kicking their butts.

Must've been a 30-40 second lag spike, and I thought I was dead, but I can say that I did not die to lag today.

Edit: doing a test on the first 3 zombies on the very first quest (the single zombie, then the two zombies right after them) without my templar. They are not dps'ing me fast enough to kill me (although they hit really slow). So I figure I got lucky it didn't happen during the elite fight.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 9/18/2012 7:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]