Diablo® III

Thank you Blizzard for not being ArenaNet

If any of y'all read Reddit or watch kripps videos, or play Guild Wars 2, then surely you know about the wave of bans going on in GW2. I won't try and explain but how ArenaNet, the company, handles itself is very poor and I am actually complimenting Blizzard for being more professional of a company. As a community we might dislike blizzard for this or that or whatever, but atleast Blizzard isn't unjustly PERMA-banning people. Thanks blizzard.
Reply Quote
Unjustly? so using exploits and advertising those exploits and getting banned for it is unjust? HAHA.
Reply Quote
Krip is quite dumb sometimes I must have to say, he was 72 hrs ban because he was advertising the 'exploit' and he continued to do so in his youtube video how he was banned and continued to advertise it, resulting in permaban. I would had been more cautious in my words if I knew that some of the devs were actually watching my stream, even though I knew clearly it was not entirely my fault for abusing the system and getting an edge over players that didn't know about this.

That being said, those players that were permaban due to purchasing items off a vendor. That's crap. There is clearly no need for a ban to happen and ANet could have done it much more professionally.
Reply Quote
Blizzard should ban the exploiters here too. People need a lesson or they can do whatever they want and screw the rest that plays legitimaly. I like how ArenaNet handles those idiots.
Reply Quote
Funny. I'm under the impression that botters and exploiters are rampant in D3 (and, from the forums, I'm hardly alone in this). I'm terribly disappointed that Blizzard has let them botch the economy. I wish Blizzard would swing their banhammer like they meant it, rather than mostly letting it hang over the hearth, collecting dust.
Reply Quote
Last time I checked.. Blizzard banned entire guilds for abusing a AQ40 exploit back in early WoW.
A exploit that was THEIR fault.

No second chances for them.

Arenanet is at least giving EVERYONE who received a perma ban a second chance, as long as they admit to exploiting and agree to wipe their account of any profit gained from the exploit.
Reply Quote
ArenaNet is orders of magnitude better than Blizzard when it comes to punishing exploiters and putting the customer first (they are even temporarily stopping digital sales of GW2 because they want the existing players' game play to remain smooth and top rate - customers over profit - not something you see from Blizzard: http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/08/31/1831231/arenanet-suspends-digital-sales-of-guild-wars-2).
Edited by pdg#1248 on 8/31/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
wtf? he cheated and got banned? then he helped other ppl cheat and got permabanned?? da fuks going on here!
Reply Quote
The people who were banned weren't banned for "buying items from a vendor", they were banned for buying dozens and hundreds of items from a vendor as an exploit. The people who bought one, or two, items are unaffected. The people who did it in such a magnitude that it's obvious they were exploiting the game... they got banned, and they deserve it. ArenaNet gave the least exploitative perma-banned an opportunity to atone for their misdeeds by requesting an appeal. If the player were to log in and delete all the exploited gains then they would get a 72-hour ban.

Just wanted to clear that up.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Bravo to ArenaNet. Big thumbs up. People may find bugs in other game and exploit them and pretend they didn't know better and it's not their fault because the game company in question didn't see and fix it ahead of time. That's a cop out. If you find someone's wallet laying on the ground, do you do your best to find the person and return it, or do you steal the contents and throw it away saying, "I don't know him, oh well, money for me!" Do you need a police officer to walk up to you as you start taking money out the wallet before you start babbling, "oh I didn't know that was wrong! I swear!" Accidents happen. People aren't perfect. Games have bugs. Exploiting those bugs for gain if you understand it's not intended deserves a swift kick in the ... account. Repeatedly taking advantage of a bug shows intent. Sorry, no one buys the "I'm innocent!" declaration.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like how everyone ignores the fact they also posted about the status of his ban publicly on Reddit.

That's very, very bad. You shouldn't reveal information about a customer's account like that...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I like how everyone ignores the fact they also posted about the status of his ban publicly on Reddit.

That's very, very bad. You shouldn't reveal information about a customer's account like that...

Because people who abuse exploits might get offended?
Reply Quote

I commented about this in another thread. Account information like this is supposed to be between the company and the customer only. Others (especially people on reddit) should not know Kripp's account status BEFORE KRIPP HIMSELF.
Reply Quote
People need to get off the guy's *##@, if you don't respect a company for doing what they feel is "right" for their game.

You can leave the game and tell all your friends why you left. I'm sure your friends will stare blankly at you, blinking at your stupidity if the above is the reason.

Anyway if you can't get a hint, nobody enjoys reading this trash on the internet.
Edited by DeviO#1522 on 8/31/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Ahania
You shouldn't reveal information about a customer's account like that...

Actually, the legitimate customers are reassured when you (the developer) prove you're enforcing your rules. And it discourages more people from trying.

There's nothing more frustrating than reporting a rulebreaker to Blizzard and... nothing happening, for all you know. Or maybe something did. But we can't tell you whether we care enough about our own rules to enforce them.

If they're guilty, hang 'em high in the public square.
Reply Quote
I tell you what. Everyone who thinks ArenaNet's bans are unjustified will probably be happier in D3. I strongly recommend you stay here. :)
Reply Quote
exploiters get banned! Big Deal! China has rice bags falling over!
Reply Quote
MasterZ didn't realise that there are more guild wars fans than he knew, i guess this post was made so you and other "haters" could hate on Arenanet?

They banned exploiters, finally a company that actually cares about the game as a whole.
Deal with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]