Diablo® III

Will Blizz realize it before it's too late?

Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are due to release in September. I absolutely loved the first versions of both games. Especially Borderlands.

I work 50 hrs/wk + to finance my child custody lawsuit and so have limited time to play this game even though I devote every last minute of free time to farming. I literally live on mac-n-cheese even though I make pretty darn good money. Unfortunately, lawyers make better. :-)

However, does Blizzard really expect to retain even remotely the same number of people playing this game when those other titles come out?

My point being, I have been farming Inferno Act II and III for several weeks with very high MF gear and have found nada, zilcho, nothing, however you want to put it, which is useful. I vendor dozens upon dozens of rare items which are laughable garbage. I CANNOT remember the last time I found an item that was an upgrade to my current gear. The 2 or 3 Legendary items were absolute bilge.

As previously mentioned, there is not one but two great sequels coming out in the next few weeks. I truly want to play them both even though B2 has a clear edge because I get to shoot stuff FPS-style with loot drops.

Blizzard better grab a clue quick because their player numbers are about to drop quite drastically. Hasta la vista RMAH(who cares) and the GAH is about to experience a serious decline in demand-which means a serious drop in pricing for items.
Edited by Bulvai#1755 on 8/31/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's all about

PANDA!!

Sep 25th.
Reply Quote
True...
Blizzard don't realize low drop =/= longevity....
Maybe they do but they know D3 lacks content so they have to try to do that....>_<
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 11:00 PMPosted by HAARP
Those games blow. D3 sucks enough on its own merit that it doesn't need those games to fail.

You obviously didn't play Borderlands. Awesome game.
Reply Quote
What do you mean drop drastically? The playerbase has been on a very steep decline since launch day.
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Calaminh
What do you mean drop drastically? The playerbase has been on a very steep decline since launch day.

True. I should have rephrased it to "a serious further decline." :-)
Reply Quote
Agreed. I just want to play this game single-player only. I could give a hoot about the auction houses and would love higher-quality drops, not drop rates, on loot while being excluded from the auction houses. It takes all the fun out of the game when people with money to burn can just buy their items to advance. I cannot. I have to grind and my efforts are a waste of time. Seriously? A lvl 52 POS dropping in Act III Inferno? Ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Is blizzard making diablo3 an experimantal game? To see feedbacks and test market? I hope not, it's a good game and has lots to improve on, let's not just release a game then leave it. I personally think its not good to disappoint your fans and supporters. I think the long period of it's release should have solve the concern issues of the game, but hey it's ok they did make an effort to improve gaming and forum update.
Reply Quote
Well the Current blizzard have absolutely no experience with ARPG so yeah this is pretty much something for them to test, experiment and learn from.

would actually have made more sense for them to release this game mid 2013 I mean releasing it this year is definately too early maybe. but then again they dont seem to notice the current problems even with a extra year it probably wont help much.

I still have faith with blizzard ....... just not as much as before.
Reply Quote
I will definately be leaving D3 for borderlands 2.
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Bulvai
I work 50 hrs/wk + to finance my child custody lawsuit and so have limited time to play this game

dude, don't let your children's welfare interfere with your D3 farming. You should contact your lawyer and tell him to file a petition to modify the support order based on changed circumstances. To wit, you need to retain more money to spend in the RMAH. What state do you live in? I'll represent you, and I'll even give you my discount rate so as not to interfere with you RMAH purchases.
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are due to release in September. I absolutely loved the first versions of both games.

However, does Blizzard really expect to retain even remotely the same number of people playing this game when those other titles come out?

Wasn't the same thing said for Guild Wars 2?
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Bulvai
Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are due to release in September. I absolutely loved the first versions of both games. Especially Borderlands.

Yea wow killer diablo killer blah blah blah. If you dont like it the easiest solution is to leave.
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are due to release in September. I absolutely loved the first versions of both games.

GW2s start was not worse compared to D3s, with crashes, bugs etc.

So far they are still even. lets see how it continues :D
Reply Quote

GW2s start was not worse compared to D3s, with crashes, bugs etc.

So far they are still even. lets see how it continues :D

It won't matter to people who either truly love only one of the games who people who truly hate one of the games. In the end the only way to win is play what you like.
Reply Quote
For some reason Torchlight 2 beta reminded me more of Diablo 2 than Diablo 3 does.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]