Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
It's been about a week since I can't play due to some awkward spike lags that appear every 10 or so seconds.
Here is what I ruled out:
- Present in single player also.
- Shut Wi-Fi off, & hard wired to modem.
- Broadband Test: perfect. Not my ISP.
- Latency Bar: Green. perfect. Its not it.
(Correction: Latency Bar randomly jumps from green to red. Advice?)
- Reseted modem, reseted mac.
- Tried every solution on here: (WASTE OF TIME)
- Reset Folder Permissions - Repair Disk Permissions and Repair Disk - Close Background Applications - Overheating Prevention - Reinstall Diablo III
Game was running perfect. Played almost every day since it came out.
A lot of other users in Forums are experiencing the same issue. So no it is not my ISP, it is not my computer (it was running smoothly since day one)
Edited by Xlyder#1686 on 8/31/2012 9:00 AM PDT
I'm getting issues identical to the ones he's describing, and I've tried the standard tests and fixes. I have vertical sync enabled and I always have 60 FPS, all the time - it's latency. There's no difference when I have a hardwired connection or a wireless one.
When it evens out, it will drop down to around 60-100ms like it was before the patch, but the spikes, which happen every few seconds, jump anywhere from 500-2k, if I don't just 3007 error out of the game entirely.
I'm also having these latency issues starting about a week ago. Mine generally stay around 120-150 and spike to 200-1000ms. The thing is, most times the bar stays green while monsters do quick teleports.
Edit: Thought I should note that previously latency was always around 110-120 with no monster teleporting.
Edited by RockinWok#1919 on 9/23/2012 6:50 AM PDT
Can you try this and see if it helps in anyway at all while I look into this?
Rebuild the Diablo III Cache
2. Then, navigate to Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent and delete the Agent.db file.
3. Run the Diablo III Launcher and let the game update it's files.
4. Press Play when you see Game is up to date
Thanks, Machkhan. Game performance has definitely gotten smoother, for me at least, after following your suggestion, though I'm still getting occasional latency spikes. Latency varied between 110-160 with occasional short monster "porting" or shot animation with no shot.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.