Diablo® III

Unplayable Spike Lag ( Blizzard's End ? )

It's been about a week since I can't play due to some awkward spike lags that appear every 10 or so seconds.

Here is what I ruled out:
    - No one in a multiplayer team sees or experiences the lags but me.
    - Present in single player also.
    - Shut Wi-Fi off, & hard wired to modem.
    - Broadband Test: perfect. Not my ISP.
    - Latency Bar: Green. perfect. Its not it.
    (Correction: Latency Bar randomly jumps from green to red. Advice?)
    - Reseted modem, reseted mac.
    - Tried every solution on here: (WASTE OF TIME)
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-lockups-and-crash-troubleshooting-mac
    - Reset Folder Permissions - Repair Disk Permissions and Repair Disk - Close Background Applications - Overheating Prevention - Reinstall Diablo III

Game was running perfect. Played almost every day since it came out.

A lot of other users in Forums are experiencing the same issue. So no it is not my ISP, it is not my computer (it was running smoothly since day one)
Edited by Xlyder#1686 on 8/31/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have same issue, but I think its a FPS spike because its not internet related. Definately an issue on bliz's end.
Reply Quote
Same issue..everything was fine till now. Definitly not internet connection related.
Reply Quote
Same. Game, itunes or pandora, just freezes for like 8 seconds out of nowhere. Seems to happen randomly. Started 1-2 days ago. Been playing like everyday since launch so...
Reply Quote
Same issue. We're not a large enough customer base for Blizzard to give one ounce of care. It's just not worth their time.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can we clarify the 'lag' being reported? Low FPS vs high latency can both be lag types.

What FPS are you seeing in-game when this happens? What latency are you seeing in-game when this happens?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
I'm getting issues identical to the ones he's describing, and I've tried the standard tests and fixes. I have vertical sync enabled and I always have 60 FPS, all the time - it's latency. There's no difference when I have a hardwired connection or a wireless one.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What latency you see in the game? If you over over the little bar near your right side globe, it should tell you: http://i45.tinypic.com/2a7zqmb.png
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
When it evens out, it will drop down to around 60-100ms like it was before the patch, but the spikes, which happen every few seconds, jump anywhere from 500-2k, if I don't just 3007 error out of the game entirely.
Reply Quote
my lag today was over 3900 in game and then varied from 1000 to over 3000 for the next 5 mins so i just quit.
Reply Quote
I'm also having these latency issues starting about a week ago. Mine generally stay around 120-150 and spike to 200-1000ms. The thing is, most times the bar stays green while monsters do quick teleports.
Edit: Thought I should note that previously latency was always around 110-120 with no monster teleporting.
Edited by RockinWok#1919 on 9/23/2012 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you try this and see if it helps in anyway at all while I look into this?

Rebuild the Diablo III Cache
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs and delete the Cache folder.
    2. Then, navigate to Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent and delete the Agent.db file.
    3. Run the Diablo III Launcher and let the game update it's files.
    4. Press Play when you see Game is up to date
Reply Quote
Thanks, Machkhan. Game performance has definitely gotten smoother, for me at least, after following your suggestion, though I'm still getting occasional latency spikes. Latency varied between 110-160 with occasional short monster "porting" or shot animation with no shot.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cool. Does the latency (ms) number spike up when this happens, and to what number if this does happen?
Reply Quote
Well, that didn't last long...Today latency was 200+ when "settled" spiking to 350+. It really seems to be on Bnet's side.
Reply Quote
Oh, btw, the latest server reset definitely improved things a lot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]