Diablo® III

3rd party Profiles

doubtful you could get them to take it down. Seeing as how your profile is visible on Blizzard's site as well, with the addition of the new API changes, people can get your information even more (except logon stuff of course). What's the harm of them posting it on their site as opposed to it being just on Blizzard's site?
Reply Quote
Privacy is up to the discretion of the application developer. As a developer myself the 2 issues I can see with your request is:

1) It harms the integrity of a ranking website such as that
2) There's no easy way to automatically verify ownership of a battletag

Blizzard doesn't require devs to honor requests such as that so you can expect many of them will be ignored.
Edited by Poutine#1541 on 8/31/2012 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Alesiev
doubtful you could get them to take it down. Seeing as how your profile is visible on Blizzard's site as well, with the addition of the new API changes, people can get your information even more (except logon stuff of course). What's the harm of them posting it on their site as opposed to it being just on Blizzard's site?

I never gave Blizzard permission to share any of my information with 3rd parties.
DiabloProgress keeps a list of profile tags, this can be sold or copied by people who can spam friend requests (such as the gold sellers who are always trying to send me friend requests.)
Edited by Jables#1843 on 8/31/2012 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Jables

I never gave Blizzard permission to share any of my information with 3rd parties.
DiabloProgress keeps a list of profile tags, this can be sold or copied by people who can spam friend requests (such as the gold sellers who are always trying to send me friend requests.)

How do I view your friends?
I'm pretty sure that feature is only available to yourself as you can't view mine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]