Diablo® III

Blizzard please read paragon needs you!

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=295621

Blizzard, i beg you. Please buy paragon studios city of heroes. Trust me when i say that you will make money. The fans are very loyal and will pay subscriptions or donate or do whatever is needed to save this game. Trust me when i tell you this. Please read their forums on this.

I am a faithful diablo player. Iv'e played diablo since it came out and purchase all things diablo. I am also a loyal city of heroes player and do the same for them. There are many like me. Please help us.
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Rogue
been playing coh for 8ys now and was in shock when i saw that on massively.
that would be nice if blizzard would buy the ip and save it from shutting down.
Reply Quote
Would be nice if the heads at Blizzard saved Paragon. Really going to hate losing that place :(
Reply Quote
Well, you should ask Bobby if he's going to buy them. Blizzard is only a pawn for Activision.

But I don't think Bobby will buy them. There isn't enough money in it :p
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard would gain a lot of die-hard fans if they did this, and the game has been proven to be profitable. NCSoft is just hemorrhaging money from Aion and is cutting costs wherever they can to avoid bankruptcy.

The CoH community is the most dedicated fanbase I've ever seen, and I've been playing MMORPGs since Ultima Online launched when I was... 7, I think.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Isn't Vivendi trying to dump Blizzard Activ--...so why would they take on more--- Oh, never mind. ;)

I am actually in full agreement with the OP, despite my reservations listed above.

CoH is a fine game, and NCSoft are idiots (and I will never spend another penny on their products not only because of how shoddily they have treated CoH's player base and Paragon Studios-- immediately shutting them down Friday without warning in the middle of having a new issue on test and two new powersets just launched-- but also because they sleazily waited until after Guild Wars 2 launched to make this announcement to prevent a possible boycott of NCSoft/Guild Wars 2).

C'mon, Blizzard, show us what you've got. You could use an MMO without pointy ears and high fantasy backdrops. And if NCSoft/Nexon won't deal (yes, Nexon are the disgusting "Maple Story" worms who bought controlling shares of 15% in NCSoft this past June, whom I suspect had just as much to do with this shutdown as NCSoft)...if they won't deal....then squash them like bugs!

Rawr!
Edited by Siren#1803 on 9/2/2012 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I forgot to note that the paragon staff should be hired as well. They made the game and they know what the community wants most.
Reply Quote
Can't really say I'm surprised that game has shut down... I've never played it but when I saw that CoV was merged into CoH, I kinda knew that the game was going to shut down eventually.

You also need to take into account that there have been several MMOs that have been released sicne CoH was brought live... like Tera and Aion and I've haven't seen a retail box copy of CoH in a long time.

Worse comes to worse, it'll just end up being F2P like LOTRO and Age of Conan.
Reply Quote
4 Troll Hunter
Can't really say I'm surprised that game has shut down... I've never played it but when I saw that CoV was merged into CoH, I kinda knew that the game was going to shut down eventually.

You also need to take into account that there have been several MMOs that have been released sicne CoH was brought live... like Tera and Aion and I've haven't seen a retail box copy of CoH in a long time.

Worse comes to worse, it'll just end up being F2P like LOTRO and Age of Conan.

CoV and CoH were merged on purpose so Heroes, and Villains could fight against each other in new PvP zones, or RP, or whatever.

Also. CoH went to a F2P/subscription hybrid last year, and was doing quite well with new powersets, and new free(for subscribers) content coming out every few months.

I played that game for over 6 years, starting in October 2004, and only recently took some time off(I still played once a month for Tanker Tuesdays) to try other games( WoW, DDO, Champions, DCUO) because I had done everything in it. I planned on going back in January to try all the new Incarnate stuff, and new powersets, but that's not gonna happen now.

I'll have to settle for Champions Online(also by Cryptic), which has a great character creator, just like CoH, but not the great team play, Villains, stories, or mission creator like AE(why hasn't Cryptic brought Forge over from STO yet?!!) to get my non-holy trinity superhero fix. I do love that you can pick up, and throw things(cars,lampposts, etc.) at villains.

DCUO had beautiful graphics, and some interesting missions(at least the first time I played them), but it's customization, powerset choices, and mouse-clicking overuse while not having a cursor to click on things left alot to be desired.

It would be so awesome if Blizzard, or anybody could purchase CoH, and keep it going.
Reply Quote
CoX player for over four years here. Never let my subscription lapse, picked up all the costume packs and I think that's typical of CoX players; they're the most loyal bunch of customers. In it for the long haul.

Plenty have said they (me included would happily continue to keep their (multiple) subscriptions paid up even if no new content was released. There's just THAT much to do in the game already.

14 char types each with a dozen power sets and multiple powers/build choices within that. There are just thousands of possibilities.

Personally, the character creator and the base editor are favourite past times when I don't have time/or want to team. Let's not forget badging!

The global channels and my friends list are always there if I want to team on any of the multiple servers.

It would be great if someone came to say the day for City of Heroes/City of Villains. Loyal, adult, knowledgeable player base. Would hate to lose it.
Reply Quote
Blizzard would gain a lot of die-hard fans if they did this, and the game has been proven to be profitable. NCSoft is just hemorrhaging money from Aion and is cutting costs wherever they can to avoid bankruptcy.

The CoH community is the most dedicated fanbase I've ever seen, and I've been playing MMORPGs since Ultima Online launched when I was... 7, I think.

Doubt that it's profitable. I'm sure you know how business works, when you are losing money you don't cut those programs that are making money, you cut those programs that are not making money.

In the case of all programs losing money, you cut those programs that you think have the least possibility of making money.

Cutting costs indicates that an IP is not making money it's only costing money.
Reply Quote
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09/03/city-of-heroes-being-shut-down/

But it was making money..maybe not compared to WoW but it had faithful players who paid subscriptions every month weather or not they played and even the F2P players bought new power sets when they came out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]