Diablo® III

Take a look at my EHP calc webapp

Build on google's app engine using Go. The aim is making it as simple as possible. Not too little information, and not too much either.

Its an extremely simple RESTful site (URLs are shareable, without causing additional hits to the API). No Ajax either (at least not yet).

I've been testing it myself for a while now, but I'm sure there are many more issues to squash. Please give opinions and submit any bugs that you find!
Reply Quote
Give a link to it :)
Reply Quote
Oh man! I am a total fool!

http://diiicalc.appspot.com/CharacterFind

There...that might help a bit :P
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
Github project page link?
Reply Quote
Good work !
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Straton

I have it on BitBucket right now as a private repo (though using Git, so github wouldn't be hard to migrate to). Perhaps you can clarify something for me. I read the TOS and it seemed to require that all applications that use the D3 API *must* be open-source. Did I read that correctly?

I'm fine with opening up the source for others, and I'll just move to github if that is the case. Was just not sure.
Edited by Duffman#1285 on 9/2/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team

I have it on BitBucket right now as a private repo (though using Git, so github wouldn't be hard to migrate to). Perhaps you can clarify something for me. I read the TOS and it seemed to require that all applications that use the D3 API *must* be open-source. Did I read that correctly?

I'm fine with opening up the source for others, and I'll just move to github if that is the case. Was just not sure.

Technically yes, we require and want to be able to view the source of projects that engage the APIs we provide.

On a personal note, I'm super interested in Go and am curious as to the layout and organization of the code contained therein.
Edited by Straton on 9/2/2012 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Alrighty, github link:

https://github.com/duffman4evr/diiicalc

As for Go, its a really fun language to use for this. I don't think my Go code is very idiomatic yet, but I'm starting to 'get' a few of the nice things about Go. The JSON parsing in particular is a breeze, and gofmt does a great job of keeping stuff in var () and const () blocks nice and neat. At first, I really hated having to put { on the same line, but the more an more I just give in and do things 'the Go way', coding seems to get easier and more fun :)

There is a lot of boilerplate in my skill choice logic. I will probably drop in a replacement once I figure out a good way to do it in Go.
Edited by Duffman#1285 on 9/3/2012 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello Straton,

I would like to discuss the use of the following architecture with you guys at Blizzard :

What if, I develop two parts:

A. an iPhone app I provide for free with the source freely available to view. This app allows people to get their profile data from your API as well as other players' data. The app communicates on the other side with my own web service to calculate some metrics

B. a web service (which source I can keep secret I suppose) which receives data from iPhone app stores it in order to be able to compute the metrics requested by the iPhone app among all the dataset gathered little by little by all the "clients"

From my point of view the only little tiny issue might be the fact that I send data from the iPhone part to my web service. Data exchanged between the iPhone client and my web service will obviously contained bits and pieces of data grabbed using your Web API, this is the reason why I am asking these questions:

When it is said in the Usage Policy that

Web API resources include any data that can be accessed through HTTP requests to URLs on the Battle.net website that begin with “/api”

1. Does it mean that any transformation still is a Blizzard API resource? When does it stop being BLizzard API resource if it does?

2. Do you think this architecture I would like to implement would be allowed by you at Blizzard guys?

3. Is there a service at blizzard dealing with these issues I could contact in case you cannot answer my questions?

Thank you for your time and long life to web services!

Oscar.

nb: By the way, Go is fantastic, I have been using it since early releases in 2009 and I am planning on writing the web service part with it.
Reply Quote
Now this is a very useful calc.... Obviously have not done the math but on face value this is a great way to prioritise defensive stats...

seen other variations but you have hit the "not too much not too little" on the head...

ps. EU player.
Edited by vapourfire#2771 on 9/4/2012 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice calc.
Reply Quote
Very nice work Duffman, clean and effective.

I am quite new to theorycreafting but I am eager to learn, could you provide a few documentation (or a link) about the calculations that are made behind? I have trouble understanding the "Compare stats" portion mainly.

Thank you for your contribution, I'll check the sources as well when I have more time, I am interested on the technical part as well.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
Alrighty, github link:

https://github.com/duffman4evr/diiicalc

As for Go, its a really fun language to use for this. I don't think my Go code is very idiomatic yet, but I'm starting to 'get' a few of the nice things about Go. The JSON parsing in particular is a breeze, and gofmt does a great job of keeping stuff in var () and const () blocks nice and neat. At first, I really hated having to put { on the same line, but the more an more I just give in and do things 'the Go way', coding seems to get easier and more fun :)

There is a lot of boilerplate in my skill choice logic. I will probably drop in a replacement once I figure out a good way to do it in Go.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
09/03/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Chocopipe
I would like to discuss the use of the following architecture with you guys at Blizzard

Create a new thread please. I don't want this one hijacked.
Reply Quote
Very nice work Duffman, clean and effective.

I am quite new to theorycreafting but I am eager to learn, could you provide a few documentation (or a link) about the calculations that are made behind? I have trouble understanding the "Compare stats" portion mainly.

Thank you for your contribution, I'll check the sources as well when I have more time, I am interested on the technical part as well.

clicktoloot.com was the source for most of my formulas. I derived a new one for shield blocking since clicktoloot didn't really have one. I'll have to dig it up. I might just put up a /Formulas URL on the site that explains all the formulas used.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]