Diablo® III

Explain GW2 Party/Group Gameplay Plz

I havent played GW2 and the gameplay seen in videos confuses me..

The game looks like a single player MMORPG in a world where everyone is out to do their single player stuff in the same gamespace.

Am I right?

How is xp awarded when two people help one another kill the same enemy? Do they both get xp equivlent to how much dmg they did? or is the xp split? or does the person who does the most dmg get the XP?

What about loot? If 30 people raid a tower or kill a large "boss" who gets the loot? Does everyone get loot?

Anyway, from what I see (and dont understand) imo this game is stupid. I want to form groups/parties with other poeple for experience and loot farming... I want a special chat that only those in my group can see... I want those people to be easily found on the map system so if they arent around me I know where they are... and I want to always have a quick means to target them for buffs/heals.. loot and xp should be distributed such that we dont lose anything if someone outside of the group come in and beats on OUR target - designated by us engaging first... and people should play and interact with respect and manners.. and not like chickens with their heads cut off, going after everything that moves or is shiny.
Edited by Defector#1799 on 8/30/2012 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Defector
How is xp awarded when two people help one another kill the same enemy? Do they both get xp equivlent to how much dmg they did? or is the xp split? or does the person who does the most dmg get the XP?

I don't know how it works when you're grouped, but when two ungrouped players fight a mob together, the XP/loot seems to be the same as killing it solo. I've killed multiple enemies that are already being attacked and still got XP and been able to loot the corpses.

What about loot? If 30 people raid a tower or kill a large "boss" who gets the loot? Does everyone get loot?

Everyone gets loot and XP. With most of the Event Bosses, a chest spawns when they die, and you can loot it for your reward.

Anyway, from what I see (and dont understand) imo this game is stupid. I want to form groups/parties with other poeple for experience and loot farming... I want a special chat that only those in my group can see...

You can do this. There's party chat, using the same system as WoW - /p being the party chat command.

I want those people to be easily found on the map system so if they arent around me I know where they are... and I want to always have a quick means to target them for buffs/heals..

Most buffs that I've seen are automatically cast on the entire group or everyone in proximity. Everyone has self-heals as well. No need to target people specifically.

loot and xp should be distributed such that we dont lose anything if someone outside of the group come in and beats on OUR target - designated by us engaging first...

You don't lose anything if that happens. There's no punishment for killing something that's already been tagged, because there's no tagging.
Reply Quote
Gotta say its generous of blizzard to provide free gw2 forum
Reply Quote
When in a party/group, just as if your not in a group, each person gets their own loot/exp depending on their own contribution to each mob they tag. More dmg/cc done to a mob, bigger chance for a reward (& quality). Purpose of the parties I've used so far is to locate my friend & help them where to go if I'm not in their zone at the moment, or get to where their dot is on the map.

Mousing over their picture also indicates if they are in Overflow or actual server. If either of you are in overflow or actual server, either 1 can right click the others icon & select "Join with" to join the others server to physically be together. If both of you are in Overflow, you will be in queue for actual server & when your que is up, both will get the option to join or requeue so you stay together from their on.

Relic got everything else covered :P I just had to add the group part :D
Edited by Hebee#1130 on 8/31/2012 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]