Diablo® III

Cannot Access Gold Auction House

So, I used to be able to buy and sell items on the Gold Auction House but did not have access to the real money one. Now I have access to neither, which is annoying because I have some legendary items I would like to cash out on. I know its not the 72 hour rule that applied when I first bought the game, as I have had it for a few months now and have been able to access the auction house at other times.

Basically the problem is that the Auction house button is simply grayed out and when I scroll over it this message appears,
"You Cannot use this feature until payment for your digital purchase of Diablo 3 has been verified." blah blah blah takes up to 72 hours.

Does anyone have a recommendation/solution to how to fix this problem? I have checked the Diablo 3 instructions on their website and am still incapable of discovering what is wrong...

Thanks for the help
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
wonderboy,

Log in to your Battle.net Account Management page and change the account password. That refreshes the account data which ought to take care of it for you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
That is the answer we get? Are you kidding?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
It is an answer that has helped hundreds of people resolve the issue on their own. Don't knock it!

The problem is that even though the transaction to upgrade/purchase the game has completed, the data on the account has not refreshed to show that. It will do it eventually on its own, but you can force an account data refresh by changing the password. This speeds the process up and is something a user can easily try prior to submitting a ticket.
Reply Quote
Worked for me. :) Thanks.
Reply Quote
Had the same problem myself. The password change worked immediately.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]