Diablo® III

WindowsVista Problems. Please Help

8 Orc Hunter
Hello,

I have a laptop that is currently running Windows Vista, 64bit.

The problem is that when I go into the windows updater (Start -> Control Panel -> Security ->check for updates) I get a message saying I have one Important update, so I press to install. Every time i get this message "Error(s) Found: Code 80070490"

Ive tried everything, Ive downloaded the same file from the microsoft website. Ive run the System Update Readiness Tool, I've tried to update to Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and with that I get the same error.

I believe not being able to install this is what's preventing me from being able to download the D3 game client because I get the error "System does not meet minimum requirements" when I know it definatly does.

Any and all help would be great,
Thanks!
Reply Quote
The System Update Readiness tool worked for me when I had a similar problem. Odd that it doesn't work for you.

A simple Google search led me to this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044

Try method 2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]