Diablo® III

We should be greatful that Blizzard

Is not as bad as Arena Net (Guild Wars 2).
The initial launch of the game was just as bad, just as many players were unable to play.
The trading post has been down for a week, and with very little bank space people end up throwing valuable items away.
They had a merchant that was selling items too cheap, and they permanently banned everyone who purchased too many items from the merchant.
Kripparian was permanently banned for selling a crated item to a vendor for too much.
The support team consists of like 5 people, of which don't even fully read your question and send you copy and pasted replies.
They allow account emails, passwords, and information changed with no verification from the original owner.
They are unable to recover lost characters and items when you are hacked.
The servers are becoming laggyer and laggyer as they sold too many copies of a game they cannot support or run.
Playing with other people in a party (grouping) is often broken and frustrating and you end up in different servers and dungeons.
/Rant
Edited by Omega#1925 on 8/31/2012 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe blizzard's fault list would be longer than Arena Net's.
Reply Quote
We should be grateful that Blizzard isn't as bad as Capcom.

Seriously, it's been MONTHS since I got SF x Tekken on PC and it's still not playable and Capcom's only address to the issue is "fix will come eventually."
Reply Quote
The initial launch of the game was just as bad, just as many players were unable to play.
The trading post has been down for a week, and with very little bank space people end up throwing valuable items away.
They had a merchant that was selling items too cheap, and they permanently banned everyone who purchased too many items from the merchant.
Kripparian was permanently banned for selling a crated item to a vendor for too much.
The support team consists of like 5 people, of which don't even fully read your question and send you copy and pasted replies.
They allow account emails, passwords, and information changed with no verification from the original owner.
They are unable to recover lost characters and items when you are hacked.
The servers are becoming laggyer and laggyer as they sold too many copies of a game they cannot support or run.
Playing with other people in a party (grouping) is often broken and frustrating and you end up in different servers and dungeons.
/Rant

The launch was up for a solid 8 hours before crashing. Arena net won that by about 8 hours lol, and the downtime was MAYBE 5 hours. How EXACTLY was the launch bad?? The launch went INSANELY smooth (after MAYBE 30 minutes of lag, from so many people creating characters and connecting).

RMAH was down for a month and AH was down REPETITIVELY for weeks and still goes down, maybe not as often, but it's still far from perfect and getting complaints constantly.
Arena Net has been rotating a random 25% of the population access to the trading post, and adding more people every day, gradually increasing it's capacity.

Kripparian was rightfully banned, his buddies and him were even calling it an exploit and people were warning him during the stream that they were banning for doing it. He did it anyways. That is that own idiots fault.

The support team of Blizzard is A MILLION TIMES worse than arenanet. But that is only because Blizzard gets so many more problems reported to support that you see so many more copy pasted responses.

Show me that information can be changed without people permission. They temporarily suspend accounts that are at risk of being hacked (which is an issue for some people). You have to approve through email every time someone from a different IP address attempts to access the account.

Blizzard has never been able to recover items that were hacked.. wtf lol. No online game should be able to smart one.

I have yet to experience lag or any issues, D3 was predominantly unplayable at launch for a solid week because of lag and fps issues (error 34/37????).

That last one is a recognized issue that is being fixed, which you'd know if you payed attention.

I'm not an Arena net fanboi, I !@#$ing love D3 and think it is an amazing game. But, your post is simply ignorant and pretty moronic.

Common sense says NO game has a smooth launch. Even on console, most games need a patch or two to run smoothly.
But Diablo 3 failed in DOZENS more ways than Arena Net at launch.

Why does it even matter? You're comparing an MMO to a ARPG.
Edited by Zeke#1372 on 8/31/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL clearly a biased comparison.

sorry about the money you spent on gear.
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Omega

Yes, you should. Please stay here and continue to enjoy D3. :)
Reply Quote
http://beta.xfire.com/games/D3
http://beta.xfire.com/games/wow
http://beta.xfire.com/games/GW2

That says all there is to say.

Edit - seems I cant insert links - but you get the message. Go and check on Xfire how these games did over the last week.
Edited by Maegglin#1669 on 8/31/2012 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am sure not going to say thx to blizz because GW2 is !@#$ eventually. Why should I ? Play D3. And it has still some flaws. What do I care about a game I dont play. I like D3. Thus I want to see improvements.
Reply Quote
Atleast Guild Wars 2 is fun to play. Will play it for years to come...
Can't say that about D3, but i do love these forums tho, it's more fun then d3 :P
Reply Quote
View profile
08/31/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Omega

Not true, were you here for D3's midnight release? Did you play 2-3 days after release?

Did you actually play during the pre-purchase, pre-order, or during the official launch day for GW2?

I'm going to bet you're going to answer no to a couple of these questions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]