Diablo® III

Hyper WW Barb - 1.0.5 Build & Beginner Guide

Nice guide GoldenAxe :)

Can you share some tips on how to maximise fury regen in terms of playstyle?? I believe I have all the necessary gear now but have played this quite a few times in Act 3 Alkaiser run and only have WoTB up for like 30% of the time.

Normally I hit Warcry and Battle Rage, sprint into packs, when my fury fills up then I start WW around. When my fury goes down to 25%ish, I start using bash to get it back up to 100% before I continue WW.

During this whole time, I am button mashing sprint and battle rage (duration is short and very often caught myself sprinting without it even on).

Edit: Here is my profile in case you need to look for more relevant advice!

Mighty weap, dagger OH, for faster ticks and fury on hit.

Have done that before I stil doesnt work. Suspect there is something really wrong with how im playing it. Any tips?
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Bankai
Have done that before I stil doesnt work. Suspect there is something really wrong with how im playing it. Any tips?

You SHOULD NOT be using bash to gain fury while in WoTB. I usually hit sprint, run around or WW through the pack and let the tornadoes fill my fury. The key is to keep going from low to high fury rapidly so each time your fury is filled a couple seconds are removed from the WoTB timer.

I would suggest watching some videos of how others are using the build to maintain their fury.
Reply Quote
I Just tested PTR last night with my normal gear.
Buffed stats, battle rage and passives only, NO WOTB.

40k HP
62kk DPS
800-900 AR
53 CC
1k LOH and 3% LS

I have a problem surviving succubus + Phase beast and the likes... HP don't hold up due to the nerf in RLTW.... No Fury issues.

Thi its a good idea to invest more into LOH gear? or what do you guys suggest I can improve on?
Edited by zosla#6687 on 9/26/2012 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
any advice for my barbs gear?

i'm contemplating whether I should buy the other set weapon and use it instead of my axe?

I think i'm having trouble getting CRIT dmg with my two weaps not having sockets etc..I have to sacrifice some crit chance for crit damage as I have like 55 crit chance and I don't need that much...

PS - do you play on US server?
Reply Quote
Need more armor and life. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5836324621) Some extra dps wouldn't hurt either.

What monster power did you test?
Edited by Dro#1318 on 9/26/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
any advice for my barbs gear?

i'm contemplating whether I should buy the other set weapon and use it instead of my axe?

I think i'm having trouble getting CRIT dmg with my two weaps not having sockets etc..I have to sacrifice some crit chance for crit damage as I have like 55 crit chance and I don't need that much...

PS - do you play on US server?

Get some IAS to make the tornadoes hit faster. Mainhand Axe weapon w/ crit dmg ls and OS might help but will probably be expensive. Aim for some CHD and IAS on both rings and also try to snipe some trifecta gloves off the AH at the end of a bid.
Reply Quote
I think I need some more IAS and LOH with my gear...
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 04:53 PMPosted by zosla
I think I need some more IAS and LOH with my gear...

Youre LoH is fine, but you are correct IAS would help you out immensely. Sorry I missed that one before.
Reply Quote
I'll get some IAS gear, how much do you think?
I could get 9% from Lacuni's and maybe get a few morefrom Ring or Ammy.
Reply Quote

40k HP
62kk DPS
800-900 AR
53 CC
1k LOH and 3% LS

I have a problem surviving succubus + Phase beast and the likes... HP don't hold up due to the nerf in RLTW.... No Fury issues.

Thi its a good idea to invest more into LOH gear? or what do you guys suggest I can improve on?

You could use the life leech passive instead of superstition

get crit on your rings and bracers

get more all resists / stats on your shoulder to compensate for the lack of with the removal of superstition

i find 6 % life leech + more crit and loh to be good , you wont be lacking that much fury , you would be lacking life ( double meaning lol )
Reply Quote
nice info +1
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Dro

You SHOULD NOT be using bash to gain fury while in WoTB. I usually hit sprint, run around or WW through the pack and let the tornadoes fill my fury. The key is to keep going from low to high fury rapidly so each time your fury is filled a couple seconds are removed from the WoTB timer.

I would suggest watching some videos of how others are using the build to maintain their fury.

thanks dro for your helpful tips!

my idea about using bash came from watching alkaiser actually...toward the end of WW a mob, he seems to hit one of two ppl to keep the fury up...

so let me clarify, its equally important to USE fury as well as generate it to proc WoTB? If I have full fury, and continue generating, does that not count to WoTB?
Reply Quote
Anyone mind looking at my profile and helping me? I did acts 1 and 2 w/o dying and now in act 3 I'm dying a bit. Monsters hit pretty hard, but I do not have fury problems. Any help is appreciated, would be great to make my barb a little better. I have 12 mil gold as my budget.
Reply Quote
Thank you OP for such an informative post.

I tried MP6 in PTR and found it's hard to sustain. My comfortable zone is MP4. With 80m budget, can you please cast your eyes over my gears and advise which one(s) should be upgrade first?
Reply Quote
UPDATE : you may want to change out Nerves if you have super armor - for something else you may like that has been changed in 1.0.5 like Animosity or wtvr.

What is considered super armor?
Reply Quote

40k HP
62kk DPS
800-900 AR
53 CC
1k LOH and 3% LS

At the level of your gear, you can expect to get facepalmed from tough mobs and mob combos. Winning would rely more on your playstyle, and it will take longer to kill mobs. You must find a level where you can still farm quickly, and not die. And then improve things to my spec slot by slot, budget allowing.
Reply Quote
UPDATE : you may want to change out Nerves if you have super armor - for something else you may like that has been changed in 1.0.5 like Animosity or wtvr.

What is considered super armor?

Yea, this has been updated in my thread. Once you get godly armor and resist ( I mean godly ) then you can roll high 1.0.5 without armor buffs and use that slot for fury generation - if you need it.
Reply Quote
I'll get some IAS gear, how much do you think?
I could get 9% from Lacuni's and maybe get a few morefrom Ring or Ammy.

It all in the OP.
Reply Quote
So in the OP you state 5500 armor and 500 AR, is that what you consider super armor stats? Or do you need even more to make farming safe and efficient?
Reply Quote
well, im using this thread at this moment to roll with my throwing barb.. armor is one thing im not wanting to use for a buff. i need a passive to replace the armor passive. by godly i can take it as 6000 armor because there was no suggestion for the term godly. im working towards 7500-10k armor without nerves or the other one. since there's what i would presume 20+ people working on WW barb, and only 5 or so throwing barb, id say this place is a good start to start, and work with it from there :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]