Diablo® III

D3 vs Guild Wars 2 no comparison

There is no comparison and those that do are idiots. GW2 is a completely huge massive open world where the whole game is coop. Each class and profession have different skills and weapons, but some can use the same weapons. Each weapon has it's own set of skills that you get as you level up. Once you reach a certain level you can swap weps on the fly. The 3D graphics are insanely good but so are D3's. The world is hugely massive. I have maybe 17 hours in and only touched 1%. The group events are great there was 40 of us beating on one dragon. It has less structure than D3. There are level recommendations for areas and events, yea you get more XP if you are lower than the recommendations. Some of the events are funny stupid like throwing snowballs at kids, or gathering meat and throwing it on the fire for the festival, or waking up the drunks in the snow with a keg of cold water. Yes you can do events over and over again but there is no need because the place is so huge. Events pop up as you travel through the world.
I had to cal Blizzard support for an issue with the client he had purchased GW2 and agreed there is no comparison they are completely different games.

Now POE and D3 you can compare.

I am not leaving D3 my monk beat inferno and I still have 4 other class to do the same. GW2 is just a nice change as there really is no grind at all. Granted I like grinding sometimes now that drops are better. But I spent over a month grinding Act 1 with very little to show for it. Post patch got a godly 2h for my monk.

I have some D3 friends that are going to buy GW2 because we have a good group and like to play together.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
Yeah. It's really hard to compare an MMO to an ARPG. It's the same reason you don't compare Portal to Mortal Kombat.

I mean, that's obvious right?
Reply Quote
Yeah. It's really hard to compare an MMO to an ARPG. It's the same reason you don't compare Portal to Mortal Kombat.

I mean, that's obvious right?

Youd think hed compare GW2 to WoW... only 99.9% of everyone else is.

The thought was probably just too much for him to handle.
Reply Quote
Since we are comparing different things for the sake of being trolls let's do a Madden 2013 vs Max Payne 3.

I like the new Madden physics engine but it really pales in comparison to the more dated but well executed bullet time mechanic. I mean when I blitz and sack Teblow I want see a bullet hole in his face and some brain matter....right. Graphically both games are on common ground, both Rockstar and EA pull no punches in that department.

So in conclusion Id give the upper hand to Max Payne 3 over Madden 2013, I mean why can't I shot a ref in the face right??? Because they're different games.....since when does that slow down fan boi trolls??!!
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Jim
I'm with ya. Diablo blows.

I'm not saying "Diablo blows" I love D3 GW2 is just a nice change. Things seem more rewarding in GW2 not by drops but with skills points and you get 3 choices for an item plus a bonus for completing certain events. Also there are place you go specifically for skill points. Those you know are going to be hard. What I do like about GW2 is the whole game is coop the whole world other players are playing side by side. Not like D3 where you only get 4 players in a pub game and a specific quest. If you die you don't die right away you can fight your way to get back up or another player can revive you. The group events are huge like in my first post one event was to kill a dragon there was like 40 of us all beating this dragon. Someone gets knocked down you revive them(sorta like resing in D3)

My tag in GW2 is MaterDavid.2786 feel free to add me and we will quest together. Just put in the request saw on D3 forum. I can help you get started because at first it's confusing on what to do.
Reply Quote
No comparison at all

They are entirely different genres with different goals.

It'd be like comparing Portal vs Civilization 5.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 8/30/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Air
Hey guys guess what, omg, you'll never believe this.

Pokemon for gameboy is better than scrabble. Google it, it's a fact.
Reply Quote
Kripparian just got banned in GW2 by crafting and vendoring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxb-anRWHrA&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1&feature=plcp

Do you really want to subject yourself to this kind of N a z i environment in a game? ArenaNet turns out to be way worse than Blizz.
Edited by Batousai#1846 on 8/30/2012 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think we should all quit Diablo 3 and start playing Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012. There's so much dlc for it!
Reply Quote
By the way, from the stream it seems like Kripp is now perma-banned from GW2 for speaking out about his 72 hour suspension.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 06:54 PMPosted by TalRasha
Killed the giant evil tree thing, and got a treasure chest with some pretty sweet loots. Was... fun.

Of course you got some pretty sweet loots... I got very sweet loot in the first week of D3 play too, levelling up from 1 to 60.

The longer you play a game, the harder it becomes to find good loot. Corollarily, the longer a game has been in existence, the better the gear an average player has, therefore the harder it becomes to find loot that is considered "good".

I wonder when D3 QQ'ers will realize this mathematical inevitability.
Reply Quote
D3 amd GW2 - 2 totally different games, GG op, can i get the 5 seconds of my life back reading your jargon?
Reply Quote
One of Diablo's more famous/infamous barbs got banned from GW2.

That's how you stop people from exploiting Blizzard.
Reply Quote
You can however compare which game you have more fun with..
Reply Quote
Kripparian just got banned in GW2 by crafting and vendoring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxb-anRWHrA&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1&feature=plcp

Do you really want to subject yourself to this kind of N a z i environment in a game? ArenaNet turns out to be way worse than Blizz.

Nice try, blizztard.

I quote directly from ArenaNet:

"Today we banned a number of players for exploiting Guild Wars 2. We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable. The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game. We intended to send a very clear message that exploiting the game in this way will not be tolerated, and we believe this message now has been well understood.
We also believe and respect that people make mistakes. This is in fact the first example of a widespread exploit in the game. With this in mind, we are offering the members of our community who exploited the game a second chance to repair the damage that has been done.
Thus, just this once, we will offer to convert permanent bans to 72-hour suspensions. Should those involved want to accept this offer of reinstatement, contact us on our support website--support.guildwars2.com—and submit a ticket through the "Ask a Question" tab. Please use the subject heading of "Karma Weapons Exploit Appeal", then confirm in the body of your ticket that you will delete any items/currency that you gained from the exploit. You should submit only one ticket. Once you have done so, we will lower your ban to 72 hours, and following your re-activation we will check your account to make sure that you have honored your commitment. If that commitment is not honored, we will re-terminate the account.
This is a first and final warning. Moving forward, please make sure you that when you see an exploitable part of the game, you report it and do not attempt to benefit from it.
We look forward to seeing you in game,
Yours Sincerely,
Chris Whiteside- Lead Producer ArenaNet"

etc.

Kripparian was permanently banned. Not only was he among the exploiters, but he actively told his 'fan-base' to spam the sh#t out of ANet by way of 'protest'. Defs the best way to get your own way. I actually like Kripp but still, glad they're not playing favorites.

They actually PERMANENTLY BAN bots, racists etc. They don't just give them endless 3-hour/day suspensions *cough WoW*. Games such as WoW don't seem to like banning people permanently. Something to do with subscription fees or some outdated crap like that.

TL;DR - around 4k people on GW2 were permanently banned for exploiting a bug. There was a cheap weapon available for a hundredth of its intended price. They didn't just ban anyone who bought it, that'd be ridiculous. They banned people who bought (I quote) "100 or more". Now, look at me with a straight face and tell me that people who bought 100 or more of a weapon that cheap in order to sell/DE weren't aware they were exploiting a bug.
Reply Quote
I dont even like GW2, im not saying its a bad game its just not my style of MMO. FFXIV is more what i like to see in MMO's.

Also if you think D3's gear is lackluster go play some GW2, the gear sucks bigtime.
Reply Quote
Since we are comparing different things for the sake of being trolls let's do a Madden 2013 vs Max Payne 3.

I like the new Madden physics engine but it really pales in comparison to the more dated but well executed bullet time mechanic. I mean when I blitz and sack Teblow I want see a bullet hole in his face and some brain matter....right. Graphically both games are on common ground, both Rockstar and EA pull no punches in that department.

So in conclusion Id give the upper hand to Max Payne 3 over Madden 2013, I mean why can't I shot a ref in the face right??? Because they're different games.....since when does that slow down fan boi trolls??!!

Cause 2 games which use health pools, hotbarred skills, attributes, stats, group/solo play, levelling, explorable areas totally can't be compared. No-ones saying they're the same - they still compete for peoples' spare time/money.
Reply Quote
I dont even like GW2, im not saying its a bad game its just not my style of MMO. FFXIV is more what i like to see in MMO's.

Also if you think D3's gear is lackluster go play some GW2, the gear sucks bigtime.

playing both games this early i highly doubt anyone has completely conquered the game up and down. And the game is more skill based oppose to how good your gear is, gear is an important factor, but not nearly as much as d3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]