Diablo® III

D3 vs Guild Wars 2 no comparison

08/31/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Shagsbeard
GW2 forces you to play with others... something I can't abide. It's not even on my "vague interest list".

This post made me laugh out loud... FORCES YOU TO PLAY WITH OTHERS LOL... GW2

Go play it and eat your own words.
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 07:43 AMPosted by StarFox
Go on youtube, anyone sane or intelligent who has played Guild Wars 2 has called the game dog - crap.

Generalizations like that are a good way to kill any argument you have. By all accounts most people are enjoying GW 2, the hype is just a tad annoying.
Reply Quote
Go on youtube, anyone sane or intelligent who has played Guild Wars 2 has called the game dog - crap.

The game lacks any substance whatsoever, I mean sure Diablo 3 also lacks substance.... I mean eerrr both games kinda suck.

Maybe you just don't like gaming... Time for you to look for a new hobby.
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Leviathon
I mean when I blitz and sack Teblow I want see a bullet hole in his face and some brain matter....

As would we all... ;)
Reply Quote
Agreed they are very different games. GW2 is fun.
Reply Quote
Also GW2 is has better multi player gameplay. I love it when I die and someone out of nowhere comes out to revive me. You just run into new players every time you log on and everyone works together to help finish a boss. The world is so huge you can literally get lost.
Reply Quote
Kripparian just got banned in GW2 by crafting and vendoring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxb-anRWHrA&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1&feature=plcp

Do you really want to subject yourself to this kind of N a z i environment in a game? ArenaNet turns out to be way worse than Blizz.

dude.... he cheated.
Reply Quote
using an exploit in a game to make yourself famous on the internet.
sorry.
LAME.
why would anybody sane want this dude to play his game?
same thing for aholery or anything else.
i like that anet wants a more civilized playerbase for their game.
they are just starting up, and are focusing on the long term players already by building a great fan base and not the jersey shore.
Edited by NeuroElf#1570 on 8/31/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So.... why are ya on these forums? Why aren't you over in GW2 forums?

I played GW2 for 2 hours.... got bored, havent logged on since... what a waste of $$$.
Reply Quote
personnaly havnt tried gw2 yet.

but im done with d3, ive ransaked it enough and azmodan facrerolling bores me.
thing is im a casual player, and ive been part of this forum for a few week now.
im just trying to see where the vibe is going, to make my next online rpg purchase.

not looking for the next game ill play forever. im just excited about gw2 by looking at gameplay videos. seems big and nice.
dont get me wrong i had fun for 250h in d3. but i know when its time to say goodbye :)
Edited by NeuroElf#1570 on 8/31/2012 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
there is no forums for gw2, and its hard for me to discuss it since i havent played ;)
but hype is getting to me.
and d3 is fading from me. even with better drops.. i think im the type of gamer who likes to discover new stuff/content.
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxb-anRWHrA&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1&feature=plcp

Do you really want to subject yourself to this kind of N a z i environment in a game? ArenaNet turns out to be way worse than Blizz.

Well Kripp fanboi...he used an exploit to earn a ton of gold that he KNEW he should not have been able to earn. When it seems to good to be true..it is. He got banned because he exploited the game and even he knows it. I appreciate that Arenanet is not allowing this kind of stuff to go on and having the ecnomy ruined like it has been in other games...looks around...yeah...this game. If you cant see that Kripp should have been banned...well trying removing your head from your backside and look again....still cant? Well...there is no hope for you.
Reply Quote
nba2k is way better than fifa soccer, because i score more points.
Reply Quote

dude.... he cheated.

I have nothing against Arena nor Kripp. In fact, Kripp kind of rubs me the wrong way in the youtube vids I have seen. That being said, from what I understand (reading other forums as well):

- Exploit used by kripp was to use in game mechanics to create an item and then vendor it.
- The in game mechanics in questions, are intended to be used to create said items.
- The vendor that bought the created item is supposed to buy the item.
- The only issue was that the vendor gave too much gold (by Arena's standards) for the item.

From this I took it as such - Let's say for example in D3, you craft a flawless star emerald and npc it for 80k gold, thinking that is okay. After all, the npc tells you it will pay you 80k gold for it. Blizzard comes around and says NO YOU BANNED YOU BAD BOY YOU GO AWAY NOW. Wouldn't that be a bit ridiculous?

Not only that, his escalation from a 72 hour ban (which is okay, debated but okay) to a perma ban occured and was communicated to him through a PUBLIC FORUM? A PUBLIC FORUM??? It is one thing to announce banned accounts on your own site, but stating them on a public forum without even notifying the party in question?

Whilst giving botters (at a early stage, to give them credit where its due they did state that they will escalate bot bans to perma later on) the same time ban as individuals selling/buying stuff to the npc?

In D3 - Smoke Screen, Invulnerable Wizzie etc were all exploits "close" (not exactly as the invulnerable wizard required following specific steps to recreate, whereas GW2 vendor is... literally selling or buying something from the vendor) to what happened. They extended from poor foresight and lack of proper code checking. What did blizzard do? They took the exploit out. Did anybody get banned? No. As it isn't the player's responsibility. It is just bad programming.

What did GW2 do? Perma ban everybody initially. Then following the outcry, reducing this to a 72 hour ban IF the parties in question admit that they were doing something wrong (buying/selling to an npc) rather than Arena admitting it was their coding error.

Ridiculous.
Reply Quote
there is no forums for gw2, and its hard for me to discuss it since i havent played ;)
but hype is getting to me.
and d3 is fading from me. even with better drops.. i think im the type of gamer who likes to discover new stuff/content.

There is no forum for GW2?

http://www.guildwars2forum.com/forum.php?s=1cd2b37331ad2941984518f75605696f

Or where you saying you didn't want to participate in the GW2 forum?
Reply Quote
Yeah, GW2 bans you for "exploiting" their own errors in the vendors, by making something cheaper than intended by their own oversight, permanently. D3 doesn't ban anyone unless some sort of bug tells them they were botting and the actual bots are left alone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]