Diablo® III

D3 vs Guild Wars 2 no comparison

Stop saying that those 2 games cannot be compared. They are both RPGs. They both adress to the same audience. Both games are about controlling a 3rd person character by using a set of skills, and using those said skills in addition to equipment on your character to create a build, in order to kill monsters or other players. Both games are based on medieval fantasy lore.
Not so different. Beside the fact that one game may have done it right.
Edited by obliterator#1929 on 8/31/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Because the surefire way to make sure the game improves is by hindering the ability of players to provide feedback and for CMs to gather feedback. Absolutely genius.

The constructive feedback was good and the trolling minimal in the first few weeks after release. As that feedback was met with a deafening silence, the critics morphed into trolls.

You need better gear on your wizard. No RMAH needed just farm act 3 and you'll be set.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
08/31/2012 10:12 AMPosted by obliterator
Stop saying that those 2 games cannot be compared. They are both RPGs. They both adress to the same audience.

Are you insane?

D3 is a cooperative PvE-focused loot-oriented ARPG.
GW2 is a competitive PvP-focused character-oriented MMO.

If you want to compare GW2 to something, try WoW.
Reply Quote
Kripparian just got banned in GW2 by crafting and vendoring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxb-anRWHrA&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1&feature=plcp

Do you really want to subject yourself to this kind of N a z i environment in a game? ArenaNet turns out to be way worse than Blizz.

Nice try, blizztard.

I quote directly from ArenaNet:

"Today we banned a number of players for exploiting Guild Wars 2. We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable. The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game. We intended to send a very clear message that exploiting the game in this way will not be tolerated, and we believe this message now has been well understood.
We also believe and respect that people make mistakes. This is in fact the first example of a widespread exploit in the game. With this in mind, we are offering the members of our community who exploited the game a second chance to repair the damage that has been done.
Thus, just this once, we will offer to convert permanent bans to 72-hour suspensions. Should those involved want to accept this offer of reinstatement, contact us on our support website--support.guildwars2.com—and submit a ticket through the "Ask a Question" tab. Please use the subject heading of "Karma Weapons Exploit Appeal", then confirm in the body of your ticket that you will delete any items/currency that you gained from the exploit. You should submit only one ticket. Once you have done so, we will lower your ban to 72 hours, and following your re-activation we will check your account to make sure that you have honored your commitment. If that commitment is not honored, we will re-terminate the account.
This is a first and final warning. Moving forward, please make sure you that when you see an exploitable part of the game, you report it and do not attempt to benefit from it.
We look forward to seeing you in game,
Yours Sincerely,
Chris Whiteside- Lead Producer ArenaNet"

etc.

Kripparian was permanently banned. Not only was he among the exploiters, but he actively told his 'fan-base' to spam the sh#t out of ANet by way of 'protest'. Defs the best way to get your own way. I actually like Kripp but still, glad they're not playing favorites.

They actually PERMANENTLY BAN bots, racists etc. They don't just give them endless 3-hour/day suspensions *cough WoW*. Games such as WoW don't seem to like banning people permanently. Something to do with subscription fees or some outdated crap like that.

TL;DR - around 4k people on GW2 were permanently banned for exploiting a bug. There was a cheap weapon available for a hundredth of its intended price. They didn't just ban anyone who bought it, that'd be ridiculous. They banned people who bought (I quote) "100 or more". Now, look at me with a straight face and tell me that people who bought 100 or more of a weapon that cheap in order to sell/DE weren't aware they were exploiting a bug.

I think this Kripp guy is beginning to think he's more significant than he actually is. I watched some of his videos out of curiosity and I honestly don't know why he's put on some pedestal by gamers.
Edited by Cars#1578 on 8/31/2012 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not justification, just observation. Blizzard could have prevented much of the forum rubbish with a couple of posts that showed they recognized the players complaints.

Considering that everything a company like Blizzard says gets analyzed and critiqued to hell, I doubt it.

"One of the things that, on one hand, I love and, on the other hand, that troubles me tremendously about not only our fanbase but about the gaming community at large is that, whenever you share information, the perspective is, 'Thank you, but I want more.' 'Thank you, but give me more.' I mean, it is insatiable.

"And so for years this community has been asking, 'Where's Pikmin?' 'Where's Pikmin?' 'Where's Pikmin?' We give them Pikmin. And then they say, 'What else?'" -Reggie Fils-Aime of Nintendo on the community complaining about a lack of news
Reply Quote

You need better gear on your wizard. No RMAH needed just farm act 3 and you'll be set.

No. Game's boring. Haven't logged in since I fiddled with the invulnerable wizard bug. Forums are a great way to pass a slow work day though.

True, I would quit too if I kept dying to trash mobs.
Reply Quote
game is fun for about 200h.

most people cant deny that.
just the end game... feels like the games want you to keep playing, but cannot reward you.
when you beat inferno diablo it should be "over", cannot replay content over and over. and increase drop rate.
then game would have been a huge success.
still about 200h of gameplay, rewarding and amazing.

the "keep playing for nothing part" is what i dont get.

then the pvp carrot...

seriously, i put my faith in ANet now.
much more respectful i think.
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 12:10 PMPosted by TalRasha
Valid point of view, but I still think the troll horde was largely spawned by inane blue posts on the most pointless topics

I think the troll horde was there to troll from the start, and most if not all would've reacted negatively regardless of what they said. People come to the forums to complain, plain and simple.
Reply Quote
66 Gnome Rogue
DIII =/= GW2 LOL @ those who compare! LOLOLOL

And GW1 > GW2, here is why: In GW1, class specialization was clearly established. The game was designed to encourage players to learn various classes because each class had unique attributes/abilities that compliments the other. Example, mesmers were great for degen; monks for spam healing/protection; tanks per tanking...etc etc. That is team work.

However, in GW2, they did away with the specialization! LOL Unbelievable! Now, each class is capable of being played ad naseum in a group, as in a group of [N] players --all [N] of them Charr characters-- now can without much trouble accomplish/clear objectives despite each player being of the same class; making it so that game play can be engaged without having to wait for a certain type of character (that kills any motive to make a player learn a different class). So despite the highly variable aesthetics, which adds zero value to game play mechanics, everyone essentially plays similarly which is downright boring. So I really do not see GW2 being a long term engagement for any player that wants challenging game play due to this one basic fundamental change.
Edited by Asmodaeus#1438 on 8/31/2012 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]