Diablo® III

D3 vs Guild Wars 2 no comparison

How dare you use real logic.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Yeah. It's really hard to compare an MMO to an ARPG. It's the same reason you don't compare Portal to Mortal Kombat.

I mean, that's obvious right?

That is 100% on target. There is no comparison and Mist's is coming. It is going to be really great from what I have seen!
Reply Quote
View profile
I am really glade I started this topic, and the general consensus is they do not compare. I am surprised to hear about exploits in GW2 already. The game just came out on the 28th other than the pre-purchases had a 3 day head start. All that doesn't matter that is not enough time to even get to level 70 even if you played for the past 6 days straight. The people doing exploits
are people looking for them and should be banned.

GW2 you feel more connected to your character because you not only design your character but also make decision on what their story is going to be.

I had a D3 friend get GW2 and I even switched world server because mine was full. We were picking the exact same class, profession and answer to the question. I wanted to start exactly where he was starting so we could play and level up together. We got about 5 mins into the game and he was completely lost(and a little drunk). His comment was I don't feel like learning something new right now(again he was drunk). I told him once he learned it he would love it. He does also want to get other of our D3 crew on GW2 so we can all quest and level like we do in D3. Because of the group we put together we all beat inferno with one class.
In D3 I like to level solo I put xp bonus gear on my follower and level quickly GW2 is a completely different leveling system it's more work therefore more rewarding. Finishing quest in GW2 is more rewarding you get the pick of 3 different items plus a bonus i.e. gold or XP bonuss, something. Not just a pile of crap on the ground you know is worthless.

Back to my fiend from D3 we were on the phone discussing which class and profession we were going to do once we did that we went into customizing our characters his response was WOW this is awesome. Because you put in time in customizing your character you feel more in touch with it. Also each class has a different starting point in the game, very interested to see how they merge into the main quest.

D3 is about grind GW2 is about exploration.
Reply Quote
View profile
GW2 looks real fun.

some imperfection, but developpers seem serious.
and those imperfection wont remove the "cool".
like flying mamooth on skyrim.

im jumping into GW2 boat this weekend unless the reviews goes critically bad.
im quite sure it can be 300+h for one shot pay.

Try 6 months at least not 300 hours. The leveling system take time to level not like D3 where in 18 hours I can get to 60.
Reply Quote
View profile
I still can't log onto GW2.

There is no forum for me to get help.

There is no support line for me to call.

I can't get a response from the customer support page on the website.

GW2 was $65 down the drain for me. Never got to play it for 1 second. People may hate on D3 but at least I get to play it.

GW2? Not so much. It looks fun. Wish I could play it.
Reply Quote

GW2 was $65 down the drain for me. Never got to play it for 1 second. People may hate on D3 but at least I get to play it.

If you post your problem someone here might have encountered the same thing and fixed it and could help.
Reply Quote
View profile

If you post your problem someone here might have encountered the same thing and fixed it and could help.

That would be awesome. This is my post from another thread.

Every time I log in since I pre-purchased the game a week a go it says that their is not event in progress.

I knew they were having problems with the login servers so... no problem... I have tons of games to play. I'll just wait until the real release. I used the website to contact support and start an issue but not luck.

I got an email after I bought the game with a registration key and I made a GW2 account and registered my account and linked my serial code from my prepurchase to my account, but something is wrong with my account and I always get the same message.

I tried changing my password and I even tried creating a unique email just for my GW2 account and I transferred my account over to my new dedicated GW2 email account but that didn't work either.

I put in a ticket for a refund and if they process my refund before they fix my account then so be it. MOP is coming out soon anyway.
Reply Quote

Every time I log in since I pre-purchased the game a week a go it says that their is not event in progress.

I knew they were having problems with the login servers so... no problem... I have tons of games to play. I'll just wait until the real release. I used the website to contact support and start an issue but not luck.

I got an email after I bought the game with a registration key and I made a GW2 account and registered my account and linked my serial code from my prepurchase to my account, but something is wrong with my account and I always get the same message.

I tried changing my password and I even tried creating a unique email just for my GW2 account and I transferred my account over to my new dedicated GW2 email account but that didn't work either.

I put in a ticket for a refund and if they process my refund before they fix my account then so be it. MOP is coming out soon anyway.

It sounds like you accidently got a weekend beta key instead of the retail key when you bought the game.

That would be something they would have to resolve on their end and with as busy as they are I would imagine that it won't happen anytime soon.
Reply Quote
View profile

It sounds like you accidently got a weekend beta key instead of the retail key when you bought the game.

That would be something they would have to resolve on their end and with as busy as they are I would imagine that it won't happen anytime soon.

Yeah. That's what I'm finding out. They are too busy to take care of my case.
Reply Quote
View profile
If you play D3 and GW2 they both use port 80 to update their clients. I had an issue not with GW2 but with D3. I got an update from GW2 then D3 wouldn't work. It's an administrative rights issue. Create another profile on your machine as an administrator try running GW2 from there you will probably get the update they did 2 nights ago. Once that is done go back to your normal profile and everything should be fine. Mine was the other way around the GW2 update screwed up D3. I had to use another profile to update D3 then at all worked on my normal profile. I spoke with Blizzard tech support and they said they own port 80 no one can own a port they can own an IP address a lot of things use port 80 like google chrome. The issue I had was GW2 was using port 80 and D3 was trying to put it was in use.
Reply Quote
View profile
I still can't log onto GW2.

What error message are you getting? I had issues with D3 after installing GW2 it's usually and client update issue or administrative issue. My advice is create another profile(admin) on you PC and use that profile to run GW2 most likely you will get and update to the client they did one 2 nights ago. Once that is done you should be able to go to your normal profile and run either game. They also had issues with validating email addresses that has been fixed.
Reply Quote
Throughout the launch of subscription-free MMO Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet has stated that the player-experience is their top priority and, if necessary, they would suspend digital sales to protect their servers from crushing loads. While the launch has been considerably more stable than most big-budget MMO's in recent months, some players, especially those in Europe, have experienced trouble logging in and getting booted from servers. So yesterday, ArenaNet held true to their word, and temporarily suspended digital sales from their website. Personally, I think this is an incredible show of customer-centered focus.

Via slashdot: http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/08/31/1831231/arenanet-suspends-digital-sales-of-guild-wars-2

The customer comes first at ArenaNet. Say what you will but few game companies *cough cough Blizzard cough cough* put customers before profits.
Reply Quote
For an MMO.. GW2 is an 8.5

For an ARPG D3 scores a 3.0

SO you CAN compare percentiles... and GW2 SMOKES D3...

Mostly because D3 horrible loot rolls ruins the game.

Oh well.. I can't help the poor choices Blizzard makes despite the outcry from it's once loyal fanbase.
Reply Quote
D3 and GW2 are different games, but they are both online games with no subs, only one-time payment. On that note, you can compare the quality of the dev output between the two.

D3: 5 classes, 4 acts
GW2: 8 classes, 5 Races, 25 different zones, 8 instances and 6 cities.
(NOTE: it takes about the same playtime to clear 1 zone in GW2 as the time it takes to clear one act in D3)

D3: No PvP on launch
GW2: Two PvP systems at launch.

Looking at the output of the GW2 dev team, I just can't help but be disappointed at the output of the D3 dev.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/31/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Kranus
And GW1 > GW2

I played GW1 very briefly, I don't really care how the game compares to the first iteration, I can say that GW2 is very fun, entertaining, and rewarding experience.
Reply Quote
difference is mmo's are for trash kids
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 12:47 AMPosted by tehmens
difference is mmo's are for trash kids

D3 has MMO gameplay with no social interaction. Sounds fun right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]