Diablo® III

Constant Lag Spikes

The game has become almost unplayable for me... 80% of the time I login only to find that I'm being bombarded with lag spikes.. This isn't an issue of internet speeds on my end, I have no problem playing other games online, browsing the internet, etc.. Am I alone? Or are there other people out there having the same issue?

I find this to be a bit pathetic... Blizzard seems to bypass all threads of this nature.... Hello! There's a problem here! I wouldn't care so much if Blizzard would simply admit their servers are overloaded, (or whatever causes this)... What's the deal guys? I love your game but I can't play it..

I will go on to say that stat holidays, holidays of the seasonal nature, and peak times of the day (such as when people get off work, depending on your time zone) are the WORST and almost guaranteed times I experience lag.

It's not all bad though, if you really want a challenge try playing with lag spikes every 10 seconds, really mixes things up.

*fart.

.. did you just get that? cause it happened about 20 seconds ago when I started writing this.
Reply Quote
I agree 100%. Over the past few days I have had constant lag spikes. It will be fine for a little while the my ping jumps to 300+ for roughly 5-10mins then will drop back down. Everything I do that requires internet works fine, all other games and programs, so it must be D3. I also get a lot of fps lag on a GTX 670 ftw but thats a whole other thread. GG blizz.
Reply Quote
same here its made it unplayablei go for 75 msec to 2000 msec and have died 30 times bye it on inferno. this needs to get fixed now
Reply Quote
same for me even had the cable guy out here to see if there was a problem found some minor stuff and cleared up my connection alot but get on D3 and LAG LAG LAG my GPU is fine have the same settings on as b4 the patch and get random lag spikes some days its fine others its really bad
Reply Quote
I've also been having a lot of issues with high pings for the past couple of days. Playing a Hardcore character is impossible like this.
Reply Quote
Yeah,...I've been having the same issue. I just started playing again. The instability of Diablo servers is just astonishing.
Reply Quote
I've been getting this for the last several days, too. It mostly happens on my laptop (slightly less often on my desktop attached to ethernet) while I'm on wireless, but it is a very recent phenomenon. It's definitely not my internet.

Generally, I'll get a lag spike right when an elite pack shows up on the screen. My latency-meter doesn't change, and I can still move around, but nothing else will move. The lag will immediately stop when other players in my game kill the pack. I can't believe that these things would not be related.

Is there no official word on this?
Edited by Pangolin#1890 on 9/7/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I find this to be a bit pathetic... Blizzard seems to bypass all threads of this nature.... Hello! There's a problem here! I wouldn't care so much if Blizzard would simply admit their servers are overloaded, (or whatever causes this)... What's the deal guys? I love your game but I can't play it..

I agree, I really want to play this game especially now with the new paragon system and new items..... But I can't. Before the May patch I could play smooth as glass for hours with multiple people now I am forced to farm the festering woods over and over because anywhere else I go there is massive fps drops ect. namely act.2 and act.3.I can't even play co-op! I have a high end system and card just like many others out there. D3 is not graphic intensive, why can't I play? There are more important things than the AH.... C'mon..... PLEASE
Reply Quote
Absolutely the same problem I've been having for a few weeks now and I'm on the razor's edge of quitting this whole thing, not buying another blizzard title and bad mouthing the service as loudly and as long as I can to anyone who will listen.

It's complete and utter frustration. With the lag spikes the game is essentially unplayable no matter how powerful your character is, and of course, the spile happens just as elites swoop down on you and essentially #*%* you as you stand there in limbo unable to do anything at all.

I consistently test my connection and maintain an average of 25 Mbps d/l, 4Mbps u/l with nothing greater than a ping of 45ms even to servers across the country and very often with ping rates of 10-15ms.

This issue started recently so my assumption is that it is on the server end with blizzard as it worked fine almost all the time up till a few weeks ago.

And its not a question of simply, playing thru it... At Inferno difficulty, dying at the high rate that the lag spikes cause quickly renders you poor as you struggle to repair constantly against the expense.

It's gone from entertaining, to anti-entertaining...
Reply Quote
I am having this issue as well. Ran a speedtest at speedtest.net and reached well over 70mbps. Ran a ping test also and had 0 issues.
Reply Quote
To be clear - I am having literally the EXACT same issues. Started recently - been playing since launch. I am unable to stay connected to a game. I have 0 internet connection issues with anything or anyone else. I tested everything and my ISP tested everything and it all comes out clear as can be. This is a Blizzard technical issue that needs a response ASAP. I cannot get through your phone system EVER and you my fingers are ready to buy GW2 if I don't see a response to this issue tonight.

Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
Ditto to all the above lag issues. I've had the same issue all week. Never had an issue before when playing this game. it has to be server side since nothing I do fixes the problem. After a week it's gotten bad enough to want to quit. Please fix it soon.
Reply Quote
Now instead of just spikes I am actually disconnecting...
Reply Quote
Came here to report the same thing, surprisingly enough (not) it seems a lot of others are having this same issue. 500+ms is inexcusable. It seems to stay this way for 5-10 minutes, then return to 100ish for 1-2 minutes the jump right back up again. I'm playing out of Kentucky if that makes any difference. As the rest, I have absolutely acceptable pings on any other game that I play or source that I d/l from (steam 2.4mb/s).
Reply Quote
I have Charter Communications and I am from Wisconsin...a reply on this now 4 day old topic would be fantastic...
Reply Quote
The only reply you should expect is silence.
Reply Quote
Sigh - literally unplayable again tonight...
Reply Quote
yup adding my voice to this, last few days unplayable to be honest, be nice if we actually got an update as to why.
Reply Quote
I have a thread, stating I want my money back. Its none of our ends, its the server itself. Im astonished the fact allot of people have put up with this fraud this long. If im lucky im able to get through and play with relentless lag for maybe 20 minutes if im lucky.
Edited by OverD0sed#1848 on 9/7/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just started happening to me in the past week or so.
Im playing Hardcore now so when the bar goes to yellow and then red im pretty much screwed.
I havent died yet cause of them thankfully. When its red though and i try to tele to town so i can leave game, i cant even teleport. My computer is better then the requirement for Max. And my internet is super fast too.

This game is my #1 time spender when im not working at my job so id like to be able to play without the spikes :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]