Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 looks horrible.

lol i wouldn't play this d3 knockoff lol. d00d really? just play diablo 3! it really does remin dme of facebook diablo an I can't take it serious. People bragged about this game but no way man lol
Reply Quote
Why do people think D3's graphics are good? I'm having a hard time understanding what is good about it. Monsters are all quite dull, item graphics are re-used HEAVILY, all heroes have the exact same appearance, and the environment isn't in the least bit scary or gothic in nature. I'll admit it's got pretty colors but that's it.
Edited by TheSLAP#1764 on 9/6/2012 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed about the way it looks. However, TL2 is fully modable. So it's only a matter of time before we get an art pack for it that applies D3's graphics.
Reply Quote
torchlight did get a little boring towards the end but this one has way more content and multiplayer so I'm pretty sure that it won't suffer from the same problems. I'll definitely be checking it out.... can't add much more without playing it.
Reply Quote
09/06/2012 03:20 PMPosted by BakedCoolaid
lol i wouldn't play this d3 knockoff lol

I have some bad news for you. A lot of the Torchlight team are some of the original creators of Diablo 1 and 2. So D3 is as much of a knock off of the Torchlight team's previous games, as Torchlight is of D3. Does that even make sense? I think I just confused myself. What I mean to say.... Torchlight is not a knock off of D3. If anything, it's the other way around.
Edited by DeadPixel#1985 on 9/6/2012 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Made by the creators of Diablo 1, 2, & Lord of Destruction (Blizzard North)

The most important thing about TL2.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbia84Zoxc

Just look at that !@#$. It's just like Torchlight 1, which was incredibly boring and simple.

Horrible animations, bad graphics, and it looks very limited.

Yes, Diablo 3 needs more end game, I agree with that. But to say TL 2 will be better, is a lie.

TL 2 will be forgotten a few weeks after it launches, I am calling it right now.

I have over 800 hours in Diablo 3, and I still enjoy playing it. TL 2 wont last 50 hours.

you say you have 800 hours played in d3 yet it seems like you just bought the game. 17 elites killed? When you get good gear in d3 the game is over. It so boring grinding 50 million gold to get a miniscule upgrade when you know that after you get it you have to do it all over again. Even when you do get the upgrade all you are doing is increasing your efficiency to do the same thing all over again. If you were at this very dull stage of the game its anything but fun! Very inconsistent drops have many players logging out before even joining a game because how dull it is.

Torchlight may have lower end graphics, you might not like the animations, and probably doesnt have no where near the amount of money and man power invested in it. People dont care about those things, they only care about gameplay. Torchlight even costs less than half of what d3 costs, and will probably be more complete of a game than what d3 was at release. Im not even going to buy torchlight because d3 showed me how incredibly boring this genre gets after completing the game, and thats the best thing torchlight has going for it.

See ya when d3's pvp releases.... Its sad when half the games end game is not included in the game, and blizzard avoids discussing it like the plague. Maybe d3's endgame would have been well received if pvp was in at release. It would give players a break from mindlessly grinding act 3 over and over again. If pvp comes out with no depth, no rankings, no rewards, people are going to absolutely flip. WTF is taking so long that requires 2 + years since they revealed A PLAYABLE ARENA from blizzcon 2010.
Reply Quote
TL2 doesn't look that bad. It is an improvement graphically over TL1. I think that TL2 is going to be a some what of a success because of the multiplayer capabilities that lacked in TL1.
Reply Quote
seriously but judging a game only by its graphic is retarded
Reply Quote
Just For Kids.

i dont get these comments. always bashing kids for playing games, game developers making games for kids. shouldnt adults stop playing with games/toys at some point?

What about toys for big kids? Cars, Big homes? Even women or men depending on the person...

You should never stop striving to have fun in your life and be happy. If diablo 3 makes you happy great! i really am happy you like it. For the rest of us, we would like to have fun the classic ARPG way or another way perhaps? TL 2 might just be what some of us like. Dunno why all this hate in these forums about everything and anything.
Edited by Crob#1804 on 9/6/2012 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Stoopid Monkeys!!
Reply Quote
Whoa the graphics aren't mind blowing stunning? Its not the next crysis (game with great graphics but terrible gameplay.) Oh my I should return it my preordered copy. Otherwise I might not get my $20 worth (came with torchlight 1).

I only buy games based on their graphics and wear 3d glasses.
Only good movies are made in 3d. Duh. Transformers 3, was probably the best movie ever. I mean look at those stunning visuals!
Edited by Zoul#1415 on 9/6/2012 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbia84Zoxc

Just look at that !@#$. It's just like Torchlight 1, which was incredibly boring and simple.

Yes, Diablo 3 needs more end game, I agree with that. But to say TL 2 will be better, is a lie.

TL 2 will be forgotten a few weeks after it launches, I am calling it right now.

I have over 800 hours in Diablo 3, and I still enjoy playing it. TL 2 wont last 50 hours.

Hmm, I guess that's why I had ovrer 360 hours on TL1 and only about 50 hours on D3. People said that TL1 wouldn't last either but many player have the amount of hours that I have or a LOT more.

TL2 will do just fine, just fine indeed.

Bad graphics? At least they're not blurry like D3 graphics. But to each their own, I prefer the look of TL2 graphics style over what we have in D3. That's not to say that graphics are bad in D3, besides being blurry, but rather than I prefer the style of TL2

I have 50 or so hours in D3 and I'm not still playing it other than an occasional 10 minutes here or there to try to auction off what little I have left to auction. I will likely keep trying D3 after each update but unless some things change I doubt I'd be back here full time again.
Reply Quote
09/06/2012 03:22 PMPosted by TheSLAP
Why do people think D3's graphics are good? I'm having a hard time understanding what is good about it. Monsters are all quite dull, item graphics are re-used HEAVILY, all heroes have the exact same appearance, and the environment isn't in the least bit scary or gothic in nature. I'll admit it's got pretty colors but that's it.
I have no idea why people think Diablo 3 has good visuals when it clearly doesn't.Hell Titan Quest's visuals put Diablo 3's to shame.
Reply Quote
Just For Kids.

i dont get these comments. always bashing kids for playing games, game developers making games for kids. shouldnt adults stop playing with games/toys at some point?

Not bashing kids, kids are okay, it's just like this, Dota is for the big boys while Leauge of Legends is for the kids, like Diablo is for the big boys while Torchlight is for the kids.

The graphics is more suited for the younger generation of players, that's what I meant.
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 9/7/2012 1:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Your logic is so retarded. WoW is rocking a similar art style and was never a 'kiddy' game. And I'm sure everyone plays WoW for it's graphics, right?

The graphics/art style of TL2 is fine, and I see no problem with the animation quality. It was very smooth and responsive when I played the beta. You also have to take into account that animations don't look as good on 30FPS video compared to 60+FPS in-game.

They went with this art-style just because it runs on nearly any computer. I really like the atmosphere Torchlight 1-2 has, it definitely has it's charm I mean I got to kill Pirates, Miner Goblin's and all sorts of whacky !@#$ in the beta. It doesn't take it self so seriously unlike D3, which tries to take it self seriously but is basically just a Disney parody version of it's former self.
Reply Quote
*SPOILER*

What about when Deckard Cain was brought to an end by a Disney character through an in-game cinematic?? Can that scene be nominated for "coolest moment in video game history"???
Reply Quote
[quote]Just look at that !@#$. It's just like Torchlight 1, which was incredibly boring and simple.

Actually, the animations are not horrible. They are pretty good! The art style is different. It is a different engine

Nope sorry, they clearly mentioned on their website that it is the same engine as TL1...
Reply Quote
View profile
D3 and TL2 can coexist just fine on the same hard drive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]