Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 looks horrible.

90 Troll Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbia84Zoxc

Just look at that !@#$. It's just like Torchlight 1, which was incredibly boring and simple.

Horrible animations, bad graphics, and it looks very limited.

Yes, Diablo 3 needs more end game, I agree with that. But to say TL 2 will be better, is a lie.

TL 2 will be forgotten a few weeks after it launches, I am calling it right now.

I have over 800 hours in Diablo 3, and I still enjoy playing it. TL 2 wont last 50 hours.

That video actually makes me more excited for TL2
Reply Quote
LOL... yep looks sooo bad (Sarcasm)
Lets take a look at some of the "horrible" features in this game.

1. game costs 20$
2. takes 30+ hours to complete 1 full run
3. has REAL random maps
4. has full mod support/tools (its the same tools the devs used to make the game so just imagine what people will be able to make with them)
5. can be played 100% offline (unlike some other game)
6. free monthly dlc, armor sets, quests etc.
7. OH and it ships with working duel/pvp... unlike waiting months for them to patch it in...

and those crying about the looks of the game, like i said... MODS! for example look at this texture pack for TL1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdp2lVnDQ0Q

http://static.cms.runicgames.com//assets/344/TL1vsTL2.jpg

at the end of the day Torchlight 2 is a 20$ game that will have a lot of life to it. I played the beta and just from its first act i had more fun with it than playing through ALL of diablo 3.

diablo 3 is extremely repetitive and is missing half of its game still (PVP).. I dont know why you guys praise it so much.
Reply Quote
so...ill see you all there september 20th?
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Thrasher
diablo 3 is extremely repetitive

... So are all ARPGs?
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 01:07 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
diablo 3 is extremely repetitive

... So are all ARPGs?

Not in the same way D3 is.
Reply Quote
I played D2, TL1, TQ:IT, and I did not find them any less repetitive than D3.

But of all the isometric ARPGs I played, D3 is the only one I've actually beaten at least once. :P
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 9/14/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh, this thread again.

Diablo III: US$60.00
- 12 Hours of un-repeated content.
- Extremely small amount of level randomisation.
- Small amount of Act variety.
- Linear levels and Acts.
- Terrible story.
- Soundtrack doesn't suit the series.
- 5 Classes.
- Zero builds, no stat points; no character customisation of any kind.
- Poor itemisation.
- Terrible "high end" items. Even after they were all revised.
- Terrible drop rates to accommodate the Online Auction House.
- Online Only DRM.
- Server side data calculations (rubber banding, hit boxes, etc.)
- Four player online maximum.
- Four difficulty levels, all of which are too easy.
- Real Money Auction House dictates design.
- No PvP, and when we get it, it's Arena Based World of Warcraft PvP.
- The developers believe they've created the greatest PC Game of all time, and refuse to listen to the community in regards to their honest feedback. For example, all feedback from the beta was ignored, with only the smallest of changes made to pacify. Those who complained, even constructively, were openly mocked by the developers, culminating in the creation of "Whimsy Shire" - a middle finger to those who believe the Art Style is too closely modelled after World of Warcraft. It was later explained by the Art Director that the art style of Diablo III is "Blizzard's own art style"... which is why it looks like World of Warcraft.

Torchlight II: US$20.00
- 30 Hours of un-repeated content.
- The largest amount of level randomisation in any ARPG ever.
- High amount of Act variety.
- All over-world areas are open world. All dungeons are vast.
- Poor story.
- Soundtrack suits the series, and is already considered a classic.
- 4 Classes.
- Hundreds of thousands of builds due to non-linear skill "trees", enhanced by stat point allocations; massive amount of character customisation.
- Excellent itemisation.
- No Online Auction House means drop rates are balanced around what is "fun".
- No DRM. Of any kind. Offline play and LAN play included.
- Six player online maximum at launch, infinitely expandable in mods (100 player games? Easy done)
- Four difficulty levels not tied to progression ensure each player is able to play at their own pace.
- New Game+ replaced the "Hell", "Nightmare", etc.
- Open world PvP.
- The developers believe they've created a good game, but seek community feedback to make it a great game. For example, based on the Beta feedback, they completely overhauled the skill system to address legitimate concerns, adding a tiered system so as you put more points into a skill, you unlock additional abilities and graphical effects. The developers have addressed other concerns such as Health Bars, Window Alignment and Text Spacing literally within a matter of hours of the complaints being made. They consider their community to be their biggest asset.

I know which one is a better game, and which one is a !@#$ing Auction House with some game-like elements added in to make people think their playing a game.
Reply Quote
"I love the Diablo stuff. We are not in conflict with Blizzard. We have no part of any kerfuffle involving angry developers. We like those guys. They also had an impossible task with that game. There's no way you can fulfill people's expectations for Diablo 3.

I didn't approve of a lot of decisions. But they shouldn't be making what I want, they should be making what their team is into making. You have to make things that way.

[O]therwise they're clones, and no one is fully emotionally invested in making it, and no one's making a game they want. It's just a bad way to do it. You've got to make what you're inspired to make. These are physically and mentally challenging tasks, making these.

I mean, [the backlash] is disproportionate, I think. I mean, yes they made some dumb decisions, I hate the auction house and all that, but gosh, it's still a really fun game, you know?"

- Max Schaefer, CEO of Runic Games (Torchlight II)

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/torchlight-ii/1226083p1.html
Reply Quote
09/07/2012 01:36 AMPosted by JaceAltair

i dont get these comments. always bashing kids for playing games, game developers making games for kids. shouldnt adults stop playing with games/toys at some point?

Not bashing kids, kids are okay, it's just like this, Dota is for the big boys while Leauge of Legends is for the kids, like Diablo is for the big boys while Torchlight is for the kids.

The graphics is more suited for the younger generation of players, that's what I meant.

Only immature children squabble about what is and isn't "mature". Grown-ups should know better.
Reply Quote
Tetris isn't beautiful, but it is a lot of fun! Bejewelled, Farmville, and other games like them are nothing amazing visually either.

If a game is good, then it won't matter how low budget the visuals are. Besides apparently you can mod the game anyway to make it look better.

Every time I play a game the only thing that is important to me is whether or not it holds my attention. It may not do that forever, but as long as I am entertained by soemthing I keep playing it. I play games for the experience, not necessarily the challenge.

These days it is like being able to play a movie...the tech has really improved quite a bit over the years.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Just look at that !@#$. It's just like Torchlight 1, which was incredibly boring and simple.

i bet u equip bad swords cuz they look cool, dont u?
Edited by Gör#1270 on 9/19/2012 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Eka
That video actually makes me more excited for TL2[/quote]

same. i actaully

Yes, Diablo 3 needs more end game, I agree with that. But to say TL 2 will be better, is a lie.

TL 2 will be forgotten a few weeks after it launches, I am calling it right now.

I have over 800 hours in Diablo 3, and I still enjoy playing it. TL 2 wont last 50 hours.

That video actually makes me more excited for TL2

same. i actually see nothing bad about the graphics.
Reply Quote
If tl2 for kids, D3 for babies.
Reply Quote
I like the art style of tl2, but yes i do feel that the graphics is ridiculously outdated. But that doesnt change the fact that d3 is a boring game.

Check out lineage eternal, looks very promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

OMFG... that should be the real diablo we waited 12 years for...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like the art style of tl2, but yes i do feel that the graphics is ridiculously outdated. But that doesnt change the fact that d3 is a boring game.

Check out lineage eternal, looks very promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

OMFG... that should be the real diablo we waited 12 years for...

they shoulda let the japanese handle D3
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Gör
they shoulda let the japanese handle D3

Because we all know how well received Asian based online games are in North America.

The only one that had any modicum of success, was Final Fantasy 11, and that was purely because of the name. Tera is a flop. Lineage never made significant headway. RF Online was hilariously bad. etc.
Edited by Seraphi#1863 on 9/20/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I forgot Diablo 3 2 weeks after it'S launch so ... TL2 is 13 days away t beat D3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]