Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 looks horrible.

TL2 is amazing, and at 1/3rd of the price of diablo 3
Reply Quote
Have played TL2 now 2 hours, and it's good, made an Engineer and using a ranged and melee weapon at same time, automatically uses the one within range from the mob being attacked, plus I op'd for the heal bot, and of course a pet included.

Loot is not insane for the level, but I have yet to die and I have had 20+ mobs on me a couple times.

I had to kite a major boss fight for 5 mins in a closed off area, because he kept creating more mobs but reasonably doable with potions.

Nice shared and individual stashes, so we can twink our other characters.

Graphics are good, I am playing at 1920 by 1080 though with everything maxed.

Very pleased, so far.
Reply Quote
TL2 is a good game, I can tell that from the mere 2 hours spent playing. However after Diablo 3 it does feel dated.

Maybe old-school fans craze about skill trees and stat point allocation, but after gaining a level and putting a point in +2% glaive damage is reminding me of the WoW days. No respeccing also means that you have to read through all the skills BEFORE you put a point in them. Maybe there's a high-level spell to reset all points?

Same goes for stat points needed to equip weapons. You can't reset allocated stats? I already feel that for proper char (without mods) I'll need to reroll the same class to get an optimal build. Once again: old-school D2 fans rejoice, however I'm fine with the one Wizard I leveled in D3. Even with random maps (which are not FULLY random or maybe it's my luck to have so much similarity in 3 different starts) it's a chore to level up AGAIN.

Good points: nice loot since level one with gems and interesting stats. Shielded mobs are actually shielded and not losing the block after one hit. For 20$ it is adequate. Comparing it do D3 is delusional. D3 faults are end-game itemization and story, but everything else is masterfully done.
Reply Quote
Ursus stop worrying about respec's full respec's will be modded in very soon.

We modded it in in TL1 and we will put it in TL2 as well, one of the great benefits of TL2, the ability for those of us who want to, add the things we want to the game. :)
Reply Quote
09/06/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Rai
shouldnt adults stop playing with games/toys at some point?

Oh, you are right I suppose.

Shut down the NBA, NFL, baseball, bowling, soccer, olympics, fishing, hunting, nascar, ninja warrior, cage fighting, every bit of Las Vegas.... and any other games

sell your fast/fun car, get rid of your bbq grill, your paintball guns, big screen tvs, and any other toys

Your grown up now.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 02:13 AMPosted by Sunhammer
shouldnt adults stop playing with games/toys at some point?

Oh, you are right I suppose.

Shut down the NBA, NFL, baseball, bowling, soccer, olympics, fishing, hunting, nascar, ninja warrior, cage fighting, every bit of Las Vegas.... and any other games

sell your fast/fun car, get rid of your bbq grill, your paintball guns, big screen tvs, and any other toys

Your grown up now.

he's referring to video games like the fantasy type and the unreal typed ones of course, the ones kids care about.
Reply Quote
Mommy mommy make the bad graphics go away!!

You know what game has horribly bland pieces that NEVER change, CHESS. Somehow that game has withstood the test of time because, ITS FUN.

You children make me cringe when you use the graphics as a direct correlation to how FUN a game will be... brainwashed sheeple.
Reply Quote
Mommy mommy make the bad graphics go away!!

You know what game has horribly bland pieces that NEVER change, CHESS. Somehow that game has withstood the test of time because, ITS FUN.

You children make me cringe when you use the graphics as a direct correlation to how FUN a game will be... brainwashed sheeple.

chess is indeed fun, i played it when i was a kid with bro, still play it now funtimes.
Reply Quote
Some other games that look horrible on youtube or whatever web site:

All of them.

You gotta see them on your own monitor, full screen, high res while killing stuff. Otherwise you're missing out.
Reply Quote
09/07/2012 01:36 AMPosted by JaceAltair

i dont get these comments. always bashing kids for playing games, game developers making games for kids. shouldnt adults stop playing with games/toys at some point?

Not bashing kids, kids are okay, it's just like this, Dota is for the big boys while Leauge of Legends is for the kids, like Diablo is for the big boys while Torchlight is for the kids.

The graphics is more suited for the younger generation of players, that's what I meant.

Dota is not that difficult......
Reply Quote
I like the graphics personally. It fits pretty well. Some of the spell effects and animations are pretty awesome too.
Reply Quote
OK first of, The thread starter is twelve years old, and has no idea of the potential of d3 had and just gauging of what they know of game for the past 10 years, high graphics.
Torchlight yes, doesnt have the greatest grafix. but its not as high fidelity as d3, ill give it that if anything.
second, for the most part, torchlight has what d2 fans wanted out of d3. Offline, solid questing, world exploration that actually useful( towards storyline, not great but still ok cuz u could skip the bs, and actual player progression.Nothing i mention here is going to be seen from any true pc players(granted when pc was a huge gaming console aide from nowadays where pc is known for mmos) and sum1 who stumbled upon their true fan-based hate for d3 is going to see.
Im not going for torchlight just cuz it was made by the orig d2 devs cuz torchlight, which is so damn close to their most successful franchise.
TORCHLIGHT 2 is better simply because IT IS and d3 was such a disappointment that loving d3 players have forgetten what a good actionfps SHOULD be like, and torchlight delivers.
Good gameplay, solid but mmo-like UI, ok/sub par story, decent enough gameplay and encourages but not all the time, community envolvement.
D3 IS A LOAD OF BS WHOS BEEN ALIENATING FANS FOR OVER 10 YEARS!
D3 HAS NO OFFLINE OPTION, !@#$ING WORST STORY EVER, BS AUCTION HOUSE THAT DESTROYS OF THE IDEA OF PLAYERS PLAYING HARD FOR WHAT THEY WANT, DESTROYING THE IDEA OF TRADE, LIMITED SKILLS THAT HAVE TRUE EFFECT, AND THIS BIGGEST SLAP IN THE FACE!!!! NO %^-*IN PVP. WHAT THE !@#$ U ANNOUNCE A NEW XpANSION BUT NO PVP?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!

For the past, as long ive known gaming, Blizzard has become almost a household name for what they do as a company and for a game dev. BUT even though theyve sold out as well as becoming a partner for activision their rep as been tarnished. Ill forgive starcraft 2 with the whole making xps for each race BUT they made each race AND their story and UNCHANGED their style of gameplay enough for me to THINK ill come back and enjoy what they offer for me to come back again.

Diablo 2 is what made me love blizz, not starcraft not warcraft, but d2. Blizzard hired a bunch of amateur writers(NOT SAYING THEIR BAD, BUT THE STORY IS BS mainly cuz it deals with superUber fanfiction based on and outsourced story based on their outsourced books) and promisng and successful programmers and the combination is a huge failuire. I THANK GOD THIS IS THE LAST D3.

Oh yes, to my original post to this.

Torchlight is not the most amazing game, yes decent enough to get your attention, it has its shortcomings, But its made from a developer that was closed down from blizzard, and made their own studio to show that THEY where the creative mind from a huge cult classic game that made headlines around the board.

IN SHORT. Id rather get a low level unique anyday over a 10 year personal quest to get a bull%^-* unqiue that sells for over 5 million gold/100 dollers. DAFUQ I DONT PLAY THIS GAME 50 BILLION OURS A WEEK, IM NOT SAYING MAKE IT MORE CAZSCH BUT !@#$, U MAKE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO BE SUCCESS FULL IF U PLAY OVER A THOUSAND DAYS A YEAR.

D3 IS FUN to a certain extent, BUT THE PAYOFF IS !@#$ING IDIOCY.
Edited by cheesemonkys#1313 on 11/29/2012 9:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
they shoulda let the japanese handle D3

Because we all know how well received Asian based online games are in North America.

The only one that had any modicum of success, was Final Fantasy 11, and that was purely because of the name. Tera is a flop. Lineage never made significant headway. RF Online was hilariously bad. etc.

RF is korean no? not japanese, as far as i'm concerned i would love an NA Monster Hunter Online but they think we're not even worth it so. i mean that's the attitude around this continent @ their games anyways except for maybe final fantasy. same goes for the Souls series (Dark Souls/Demon's Souls). Japanese have good games, the Chinese don't, bunch of fking grinders like D3 is. And I'M chinese.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/30/2012 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbia84Zoxc

Just look at that !@#$. It's just like Torchlight 1, which was incredibly boring and simple.

Horrible animations, bad graphics, and it looks very limited.

Yes, Diablo 3 needs more end game, I agree with that. But to say TL 2 will be better, is a lie.

TL 2 will be forgotten a few weeks after it launches, I am calling it right now.

I have over 800 hours in Diablo 3, and I still enjoy playing it. TL 2 wont last 50 hours.

Fail. You make claims like they're fact. Don't be so ignorant. The game sold well for being lower-budget & from an indie company that needs to impress gamers to grow larger.

I actually quite enjoy playing it right now. D3 has, in my opinion, become very bland.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/06/2012 02:56 PMPosted by SBH
yet u cant beat it only being $20

d3 can be bought for 10$ these days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbia84Zoxc

Just look at that !@#$. It's just like Torchlight 1, which was incredibly boring and simple.

Horrible animations, bad graphics, and it looks very limited.

Yes, Diablo 3 needs more end game, I agree with that. But to say TL 2 will be better, is a lie.

TL 2 will be forgotten a few weeks after it launches, I am calling it right now.

I have over 800 hours in Diablo 3, and I still enjoy playing it. TL 2 wont last 50 hours.

This post is horrible, Just another diablo 3 KID.

how constructive. that must have taken a lot of brain power.
Reply Quote
View profile
As of now TL2 is still a better game in every area. I even like the graphics more in TL2. I suppose one could argue that combat is more fluid in D3 but eh thats more of a matter of taste.
Reply Quote
whoever says D3 rocks is just a fanboy (esp if they have TL2 as well).

srsly play longer at TL2 then you'll agree. Blizzard is just a hyped up gaming company nowadays.. not gonna get HoTS too screw all their games like i care.
Reply Quote
View profile
whoever says D3 rocks is just a fanboy (esp if they have TL2 as well).

srsly play longer at TL2 then you'll agree. Blizzard is just a hyped up gaming company nowadays.. not gonna get HoTS too screw all their games like i care.

I still like D3 but TL2 is just better overall.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/06/2012 03:19 PMPosted by TummyStixx
Just For Kids.

i dont get these comments. always bashing kids for playing games, game developers making games for kids. shouldnt adults stop playing with games/toys at some point?

You know... some adults have jobs playing games and playing with toys :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]