Diablo® III

Authenticator on Android - no menu

I just got a smartphone :)

I was using an authenticator on my wife's ipod. I had a nice menu I could get into by tapping the menu button on the top of the screen. The menu had options for "View Code", "Setup", "Restore" etc.

Now on my Android HTC One V phone, the app has none of that. There is NO MENU that I can figure out anywhere. I'm on the view code screen, which is fine, unless something goes wrong in the future. I would like to have it figured out before then.

I've tried everything I can think of. The only buttons available from the app are to "Sync" or "Copy to clipboard" the phone has a back button, which brings me back the the home screen, a home button, which brings me to the home screen, and a recent apps button, which gives me ... recent apps. I've even randomly tapped the screen all over in hopes of finding some hidden easter egg version of the menu to no avail.

It's running Android 4.0.3
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Evrion,

Could you post your issue over here on this forum?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2690193/

Technical Support really has nothing to do with the mobile apps.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I'll do that.
Reply Quote
never mind, it won't let me as I don't have an active WoW account.
Reply Quote
i use the same app
at the bottum of ur fone there should b 3 buttons
not on the screen, but 3 phsyical buttons
the lefthand button should make the menu comeup(language/resync/setup/restore/help/about)
am useing the same app, but diff androud phone
Reply Quote
I'm running the same app on the same phone and I just finally figured it out after an hour. You have to hold the "app" button (bottom RIGHT button) down until the menu comes up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
thank you very much SciGuy107. Exactly the answer i needed :)
Reply Quote
Just got my new Galaxy S5. I am doing a restore on the mobile authenticator which i have done countless times.

Ohh surprise the menu button is gone. I figure i'll use the in-app menu button instead, I have click everything in sight and no luck. Then I find this post.

For those S5 people its the "recent app" button on the left. Hold it for a second.
Reply Quote
Another new S5 owner here who can confirm this is how to get into the app's setup/restore menu.

I had no idea what to do... I didn't even know apps made use of that button this way. Thank goodness (& the posters above) for this little thread.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 08:30 PMPosted by Sprat
Just got my new Galaxy S5. I am doing a restore on the mobile authenticator which i have done countless times.

Ohh surprise the menu button is gone. I figure i'll use the in-app menu button instead, I have click everything in sight and no luck. Then I find this post.

For those S5 people its the "recent app" button on the left. Hold it for a second.

Thanks do much for the tip, I was about to give up on this and remove the authenticator!
Reply Quote
Good god thank you very much sir
Reply Quote
Sorry for necroing, but I come from the future of this thread & it's become a high google result for "battle net authenticator no settings" and am posting just to let everyone else who finds this know that Sciguy107 has the answer.

Happy time traveling.
Reply Quote
For others who are in my position, I have an HTC One S (about 3 yrs old at this point) and it does NOT have a hardware "Menu" button and therefor I have experienced the same issues as described above. (I have tried the above answers, but the phone is old enough that that doesn't work either).

Here was my solution:

I am rooted and running Cyanogenmod Lollipop.

I installed Tasker and created an app specific rule for the Battle.net authentictor app that when the app opens up it will "press" the 'Menu' button IF "%BATT eq %BATT". Meaning if the batter percentage equals the battery percentage (which it always does) then it will press the hardware "Menu" button that my phone does NOT have. (One of many ways to get this to work)

Result:
With tasker running and this specific configuration setup, I click and open the Authenticator and upon opening I get the menu list (including the restore function). I can then click the back button and close it and have regular functionality or just read / type the code.

This was my solution. Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
Update: i have changed the tasked application to push the menu button upon "shaking" the device. This will provide a menu button on all apps not just the authenticator (and it works more consistently).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]