Diablo® III

help! screen keeps minimizing

During gameplay, my game will minimize and go to my desktop! The game is still playing and in battle I usually end up dying.
Very Frustrated....Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Ross
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
notifier7122,

Are you being careful not to hit the Windows key? Or is there another app running in the background that may be taking focus? Running the game in one of the windowed modes may help.
Reply Quote
definitely not hitting windows key. I tried making sure there were no apps running in the background, and I dont think thats it because when it minimizes, no other app shows.

Im sorry, but what do you mean by running it in one of the windowed modes?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
notifier7122,

Open the in-game menu and under Video, for the Display, select either Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen instead of Fullscreen.
Reply Quote
I see windowed now. I will try that but is it possible it has something to do with my cpu getting too hot? It seems to happen more often the longer I am playing...

Thanks for the responses

Ross
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
notifier7122,

I doubt it's a heat issue. It really just sounds like some other application is asking for focus and minimizing the game to allow it. It can also happen if you hit the Windows key which happens to me a lot. Windowed mode should cause the symptom to change and I'd like to know how if it does.
Reply Quote
Hi Omrakos,
I had the same problem, changed it to Windowed Fullscreen.

So instead of being minimized, D3 loses focus midway i.e. i can still see the windowed screen, but i need to click on it again to control my character.

This is the first time since launch i'm experiencing this. I've not installed any new applications since then.

How can we find out which other application is asking for attention?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Yuan,

Where's the cursor going when it happens? Do you see the Start Menu popping up?
Reply Quote
It just stays around the area it was last at.

Nope the Start Menu did not pop up and i did not accidentally press the Windows key.
Reply Quote
I have the exact same problem and have had the same problem with Starcraft 2. I don't have the issue with any other games so it seems to be directly related to Blizzard games. I'm not blaming Blizzard, but saying there must be something about my computer (and others) that doesn't play well with Blizzard games.

My computer specs (if it helps):

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit
Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W
GIGABYTE GV-R695OC-1GD Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
ASRock Z68 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Motherboard

Intel SRT setup with:
OCZ Onyx OCZSSD2-1ONX32G 2.5" 32GB SATA II MLC
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD7500AALX 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
Edited by Bisho#1831 on 9/5/2012 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Yuan,

Try booting in selective startup once and playing like that for a little while and see if it happens again. Make sure not to start any other apps after booting and before launching Diablo 3

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/backgroundapps
Reply Quote
I had a chance to play a little more over the weekend and I believe this resolved my issue. I haven't had time to narrow down exactly which process is causing me problems, but will report back here when I do. Thanks so much.
Reply Quote
This is happening to me aswell but i have tried it with various types of games including league of legends, planet side 2,team fortress 2, and diablo 3 it ev en happens with my internet brower it seems that anything that take over the full screen of my computer has this problem
Reply Quote
same problem :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Steez,

Please begin a new thread of your own if you're having a technical issue.

In your new thread, provide a complete description of the problem as you're seeing it, including the exact text of any warning or error messages. Also include a list of any steps you've tried so far in trying to resolve it.

"A working class hero is something to be...."

Please provide feedback! - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Omrakos
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]