Diablo® III

Screen changes when mousing over items, NPC's

So, I was away from D3 for a while and started playing again and I've noticed that when I mouse over items or NPC's when the tootip pops up to show the name of what I'm mousing over, the screen will change color slightly and the "fog" on the screen seems to go away. Is this something new they added to make it easier to see when you mouse over something or is there something going on?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ogresmasher,

I don't see anything like what you're describing. It's most likely something due to a limitation or feature in your video drivers or video card's capabilities. You might try adjusting the in-game video options to see if any affect it if it bothers you.
Reply Quote
Thanks! It must have been something with the driver. I went into the Nvidia control panel and restored all my settings for D3 to default and it's back to normal!
Reply Quote
I saw it happen as well. Running an EVGA GTX650Ti 2GB SSC.
To find the culprit, I switched different settings off or on one at a time, turned out to be the ambient occlusion. Switching it off cured this behaviour. Any other setting does not cause this behaviour.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]