Diablo® III

Getting the Item Generated Hash

Hi guys,

I was wondering how the user can get the Item Hash, that will transform into the JSON from the API.

In the example we have the hash: COGHsoAIEgcIBBXIGEoRHYQRdRUdnWyzFB2qXu51MA04kwNAAFAKYJMD

But it generates one per item, so, my question is, how can the user get this hash in-game?
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
They cannot, it is web specific.
Reply Quote
So it will be used only for getting the items equipped on the user?
We won't be able to get the info on the stash?
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
So it will be used only for getting the items equipped on the user?
We won't be able to get the info on the stash?

That is correct.
Reply Quote
Is there a particular reason why we cannot? I could see a need to be able to share the items you have in your stash with your friends or even other people.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
09/05/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Kyraleese
Is there a particular reason why we cannot? I could see a need to be able to share the items you have in your stash with your friends or even other people.

There are several reasons and most of the involve privacy. There was a larger debate about this a few months ago, you can find it in the WoW Community Platform API forum.
Reply Quote
Well I could certainly see how being able to generate the hash might be an issue. But how about giving us the ability (possibly even controlled by a "Do you want this information to be available publicly") to view a person's stash instead? It'd be just like what is on the character.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to give a link to that thread? I don't play WoW, don't care to ever play it, and really don't have an interest in using its API. However, if there is a relevant discussion there, I might read it.

I suppose what I would like to do I can do with a workaround.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5271598804
Reply Quote
Screw the stash! The fact that you cannot get an items hash is a real setback and neuters the web API. Since the web API relies on hash values,

Also I find it hard to believe that they are web specific. Would using the hash improve DB performance for the game as well?

There HAS to be a workaround for this, seriously! My new app will be seriously limited without a user being able to pull up an item of their choosing and comparing it to their current one.

Well...I'm smart, I'll think of something.
Edited by msuBREAKER#1374 on 1/14/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]