Diablo® III

Dark Souls

Anyone else playing this game here ? I bought it for PC last week and i understand why it's called "prepare to die edition" ><.
Reply Quote
Have a bit of an rpg backlog so I haven't got it yet, but I do intend to buy it on PC once I've finished up a few games. By all accounts the PC version is very impressive.

Question: How are the controls on PC? Do you need to use a console controller, or can it be played with mouse and keyboard?
Reply Quote

Question: How are the controls on PC? Do you need to use a console controller, or can it be played with mouse and keyboard?

I never tried with the mouse/keyboard combo (playing with a logitech dual action with xbox controller emulator). I always do that for consoles ports. But yea the PC version seem to be the one to get this time. I heard about awful fps drops on consoles but the PC version run smoothly.

P.S. I just tested 5 mins with mouse/keyboard and meh.. it's playable but i wouldn't recommend it. The game is already hard enough without adding an extra layer of difficulty with confusing controls :P
Edited by Dolora#1624 on 9/6/2012 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's called the Prepare to Die Edition because it comes preloaded with the Atorias of the Abyss DLC. Also Prepare to Die is the tag line of the game.

Also ya use a game pad to play its the way it was meant to be played.
Reply Quote
Will a PS3 controller or Xbox 360 controller work on the PC?
Reply Quote
Dark Souls the worst port in the world edition!!If it is one thing I will not do that is pay full price for a lazy,god awful port.I may buy it on steam when it's either fixed or about 5 bucks.
Reply Quote
09/06/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Bluddflagg
Dark Souls the worst port in the world edition!!If it is one thing I will not do that is pay full price for a lazy,god awful port.I may buy it on steam when it's either fixed or about 5 bucks.

I agree wholeheartedly. THIS game is the definition why I pirate before I buy.
Reply Quote
Waiting for my gamepad to arrive before I buy it, hope its really a challenge.
Reply Quote
Played both on PS3. I achieved 100% trophies in Demon's Souls.

Imo, Demon's Souls is easily the better game. I enjoyed Dark Souls, but Demon's is ground breaking and way more interesting in terms of level design and game play. Demon's is also much harder imo.

Anyone interested in Dark Souls for the PC should seriously get a PS3 and play Demon's Souls first. This series was meant for console.
Edited by PowerCosmic#1489 on 9/13/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have Dark Souls on PS3 and it's VERY challenging. And PowerCosmic is right in saying Demon's Souls is MUCH harder. You make significant progress and one move will get you sent back to the beginning of the zone, unlike Dark Souls which is a little more friendly and gives you bonfires scattered throughout.

I heard an easy mode was contemplated. I wish one would be implemented, so that I can finish the game. I know it's difficulty is the draw of the game, but some players don't have the time to carefully tread through the game. The story (small it may be) and lore make me want to play the game, but time constraints are not allowing me to delve as deep into it. An easy difficulty would be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
Just got it last night with a PC 360 gamepad for my birthday and this games pretty cool. Yes this games a challenge and it makes you actually think on defeating the enemies. I didn't get very far yet just beat the tutorial mission, but im going to take my time playing it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]