Diablo® III

Error: 3006, Can't play Diablo 3 at my Uni

I'm able to play Diablo 3 everywhere except my college campus (Dorm) Its giving me error 3006, I've seen this problem pop up afew times before, both me and my roommate have this problem. Is there a fix to this or is it my colleges problem?
Reply Quote
They are blocking the UDP ports necessary to connect to Battle.net. I haven't been able to find a successful way to do it on OS X with an ssh tunnel/proxifier. I already have a thread created somewhere around here and was hoping someone could answer it still...
Reply Quote
Bump!

Does anyone have any suggestions to this problem? Been tethering on my phone with edge... it's terrible, but hopefully it'll improve when 3G rolls out here.

Anyway, I know there's some WoW enthusiasts out there who have had to deal with work/universities before so c'mon people!
Reply Quote
yes, need a solution :(
Reply Quote
I can play SC2 tho... if thats any help
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Can you try deleting your Battle.net cache, and see if this helps? It might be a bad entry stored there. I've seen instances where a corrupted file caused issues for one game but not another.

Clearing your Battle.net Cache
    1. Navigate to Mac HD/Users/Shared/Blizzard/
    2. Move the Battle.net folder to the trash.
    3. Empty the Trash.
    4. Launch Diablo III
Edited by Machkhan on 9/9/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just cleared the cache and it doesn't help, I should've mentioned my roommate also has this issue so its more of a connection problem on the college's end, any other ideas?
Reply Quote
That's odd that you can play SC2 but not D3... for instance I cannot log into Steam.

Blue's solution did not seem to help. Still stuck after authenticating.
Reply Quote
:'(
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I'll investigate these reports and check it out. I will post back when I have more information.
Reply Quote
I was able to get around this by setting up a VPN server at home and connecting to it with the built-in VPN connection on Mac OS X.

If anyone would like a detailed tutorial, I can supply one.
Reply Quote
Can you try deleting your Battle.net cache, and see if this helps? It might be a bad entry stored there. I've seen instances where a corrupted file caused issues for one game but not another.

Clearing your Battle.net Cache
    1. Navigate to Mac HD/Users/Shared/Blizzard/
    2. Move the Battle.net folder to the trash.
    3. Empty the Trash.
    4. Launch Diablo III

Tried it but still wont work for me...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I have the same issue since this morning at around 1am EST. it's not the game because if I use Hotspot on my iPhone 4s, it's working. The reason I cannot connect, Blizzard changed something that my Router cannot access anything with Battle.Net except for the Euro version. I cannot access us.battle.net but I can eu.battle.net. I have an AirPort Express for router. I tried connecting the modem without my Router and it's working so it's not my internet provider. I did a reset on my router, just to make sure and I can still play D3 on Euro. My D3, WoW and the Battle.Net (all US) is not working. Blizzard what did you change ast night or this morning? I know I got the D3 Uploader so you guys did something.

Need Assistance
Reply Quote
I was able to get around this by setting up a VPN server at home and connecting to it with the built-in VPN connection on Mac OS X.

If anyone would like a detailed tutorial, I can supply one.

BourDo, if you would like to supply me with an detailed tutorial, please do so!
I have the same problem here at the campus.

You would make me a lucky guy!
Reply Quote
GOT ERROR 3006

Started on the Auction House when it took aaages when it was "RECEIVING BALANCE"

then it signed me out

it flipped my region

Now I can't even log on

tried deleting cache etc

WTFWTF
Edited by DangerMouse#6294 on 10/18/2012 11:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i got the same issue as well where i cant log on now. wtf? deleting cache did absolutely nothing.
Reply Quote
New Patch

Have to re-build my character

Go onto Auction House

Blizzard can't find my gold balance

Get logged out

Can't log back in.

FML.
Reply Quote
Has there been any new information about this? I still can't play Diablo III at the university I attend either. I have tried clearing the cache files, and it doesn't work for me.
Reply Quote
I sent in a support ticket on this matter and here is the reply that I got.

Hello,

If you connect through a university, corporate, or public network, it is possible for your connection issues to be the result of some additional configurations provided by the network administrators of your network.

In order to resume functionality of Blizzard games, your network administrators will need to allow traffic over ports 6881 - 6999, 1119, 1120, 3724, 4000, 6112, 6113, and 6114 for both TCP and UDP, as these ports are used and reserved through http://www.iana.org/; the port listings can be directly found at: http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

So it seems that the only way we can play Diablo III at our universities is to email the university IT department to allow traffic over the stated ports.

Hope this helps everyone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]