Diablo® III

Topic Moved

You are correct, this should not have gone to the forums. I had you block from before when you called my work garbage, before yo had deleted them and learned how to play the build. You have been added and we can discuss this over PM. Disregard the snide comment it was sent with.
Edited by Ender#1728 on 9/29/2012 12:37 AM PDT
Ender I was wondering if I could get any help from you. I added you, but I understand if that is innapropriate. I spent a lot of money on a Crit Build that I don't like, and I'm flippng the items now. I'm back to 9M and more is on the way. I sent this to you in a Friend Add Message in Diablo 3. I hear you're a pro, and I would really like help on my build. I want the same build, but improved for faster kills, and MF.

Thank you for your time, and your help.
Edited by Andisheh#1292 on 10/1/2012 4:16 AM PDT
Hi Ender,

May you please help me figure out what to do with my barbarian? I'm trying to increase my dps but i don't know what to do, cause if i drop my shield my suvival goes away, and i don't know what peace of gear i need to change, and for what i need to change.

Thanks for your time.
Ender,

building a WW barb that can farm Act 3 easily.

How munch does it costs?
Hi Ender, what do u thing I should change in my gear?
Thank you.
Ender/Rezic/Anyone else:

Recommendations for gear/build/etc swap for 1.05? I tried to be quite balance stack low attack speed and using Rend, Cleave, Leap to keep consistent movement/survivability up. Let me know if you have any input/changes that I might be able to do to help myself.

Spec (best for me, but willing to change)
Cleave/Reaping Swing - Fast Fury Regen, AoE
Rend/Blood Lust - 2-4 Rotations make you near invincible
Leap/Iron Impact - Oh Sh!t button + ability to move up/down levels (if able)
Battle Rage/Marauder's Rage - 30% Damage All the Time (Nothing else to say)
WotB/Insanity - Burst/Elites/Etc.
War Cry/Impunity - Filler slot for now. Tested without, works fine, thinking of a few things.

Cleave + WotB + SoJ = Dead Elite Packs in Seconds (Regardless of Affixes)
Iron Impact is amazing for escaping/movement versatility/skipping wasteful clearing areas.
Hey Ender, I've got a question for you.

Why is it that shortly after giving you the 500k "VIP fee", and trusting you with 15m (for pretty underwhelming results, I must say), I suddenly find that you have removed yourself from my friends list?

Was not given a reason, and was not offered my "VIP fee" refunded. So what exactly did I pay it for? No reasons given whatsoever, and I know bloody well that I was absolutely never a bother. I didn't pester with inane questions, and I wasn't chatting your ear off every second I spent online. I asked for help on a few occasions and that's about it.

Funny thing about it, I'd swear you were just chapped that I wasn't using a bracer you suggested (only because I wanted to add in a bit MF somewhere).

If this is how you treat the people you "help", then I can definitely say that I would NOT recommend Ender's services, and I would NOT trust him with my gold again. Take that for what it's worth from a dissatisfied "customer". Frankly, I'm more miffed at the rudeness of it all than anything else. Like I said, I was never a bother to you, but I didn't even get the courtesy of an explanation for being un-friended.
Edited by RemyZ#1106 on 10/8/2012 2:36 PM PDT
Hold on... You gave him 15mill+ 500k and he removed you? Doesnt sound like somthing Ender would do, people have trusted him with alot more than that why would he take just this small amount. Have you tried contacting him since? Maybe he got disconnected or somthing. I dont know the whole situation but From what I know about Ender he seems like a honest guy it doesnt make sense at all.
10/07/2012 12:24 PMPosted by DBoy187
Hold on... You gave him 15mill+ 500k and he removed you? Doesnt sound like somthing Ender would do, people have trusted him with alot more than that why would he take just this small amount. Have you tried contacting him since? Maybe he got disconnected or somthing. I dont know the whole situation but From what I know about Ender he seems like a honest guy it doesnt make sense at all.

No, I did get some gear for my gold, I don't want to paint the wrong picture. I should not be giving the impression that there was something suspicious in nature, that was more out of frustration than anything. I think he's a fairly honest and up front guy, but I guess I was left with a bad impression at the end.
Probably because you only gave him 500k for service rendered.

For some time, his fee has been 10% of budget used. 15M would equate to 1.5Mfee, however was this some time ago since he's only doing 100M+'s these days from what I've read.

Just a guess though..

There was no negotiation of price. However much he kept for himself, only he knows.

The 500k was a VIP fee, from a while ago, for anyone that wanted a "direct line", so to speak. In other words, free license to get help ahead of the queue, that type of thing. It's not something I ever took advantage of, and I really only got his help a few times, overall (and I always made sure to save up enough gold to make it worth his effort).

That's why being removed from the friend's list really bugged me, not really for any other reason. Although, honestly, with 15 mil I noticed marginal improvements. I spent 4 mil on my own, afterwards, and noticed just as big a difference.

So, between the mediocre results, the lack of transparency on percentage of funds that he kept, and the de-friending that occurred shortly thereafter, you can understand why I'm a little perplexed. Especially since no one ever says a bad word about the guy.

EDIT: Since I can't add a reply to this thread, and I don't want to start a new thread, I've added some more details below. Hopefully it's noticeable enough.

Well, I've talked to him in-game since my last post. I'll admit that, if I knew how, I would have done that before ever bringing my opinions to the forum. Truth is, I felt it was my only option, but that is on me since obviously Ender was able to figure out how to do it in-game.

And I have to say, his message to me was very mature and professional. I didn't insult his mother, by any means, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had been considerably more defensive than he was. Essentially, it came down to some miscommunication whereby Ender lost the list of VIPs and, as I'm sure he often needs to do, culled some of us during his most recent house cleaning. Sounds like a genuine mistake and I appreciate that he's human. Stuff happens.

I also understand that items depreciate in value, especially between patches. It does bite pretty hard when 2.5 mil gloves re-sell for 200k, but I'm not now, nor was I earlier, blaming Ender for that. What I did say, was that the improvements I saw in my gear for 15 mil were not what I expected. That's partly my fault for having expectations, fair enough. When I first came to Ender with 1 mil, he worked wonders and improved my character significantly. I learned a ton from it as well, for which I'm thankful. Law of diminishing returns, I suppose.

I was also going to edit some of my earlier posts, but having re-read them, I don't think there's anything there that's really inflammatory or unfair. The results were often decent, but perhaps the doctor's bedside manner is more the issue. Doesn't really matter. I agree that he does provide a very valuable service to Inferno noobies, as I was when he first helped me out. There's just a lot that wasn't clear to me, up front, that has been explained since (for example, I didn't know that I could get my money back if unhappy with the gear - seems logical, but it's not something I assumed).

So, without putting too fine a point on it, I wouldn't discourage someone new from getting help with their build. Hell, I was hoping that, when I knew a bit more, I could return the favour by helping out some newcomers as well. As for the rest, like I said, 90% misunderstanding and I'm not going to hold a grudge. If I'd known how to contact the guy directly, I would have.

I was asked to apologize but I'm going to stop just short of that. Misunderstandings work both ways and while I got an explanation, I didn't get an apology either. Still, no hard feelings on my end.
Edited by RemyZ#1106 on 10/13/2012 12:51 AM PDT
I should probably let Ender speak for himself, but a number of points:

1) You obviously can't find the good deals yourself, so his service is extremely valuable. The whole point of his service is that he finds deals that the ordinary player can't.

2) Items, especially cheapo items in budget sets, depreciate over time. Even a few weeks can see low end items depreciating significantly.

3) You really can't compare your set to someone else's set. Every set is going to be very different. Perhaps he found huge bargains on someone else's set that day and couldn't find the same ones when he did yours. What he does is highly dependent on what's available on the AH that day and that obviously varies quite a bit.

4) Your goal was to beat Diablo. Ender produced a set that easily beats him for the vast majority of people. Once you changed your playstyle, you were able to beat him as well.

5) I'm just speculating, but what I think Ender does is have a budget for each item slot and has an end goal such as 50K HP, 40K DPS, and 500 AR for example. He runs through all 13 slots using his search criteria and snags any real bargains immediately. After that, he recalibrates to see how much he needs to hit his benchmarks. He re-budgets for any remaining slots and slightly alters the search criteria as needed. Ie if his first run through gives him too much Str/Vit and not enough AR, he searches for more AR in the next run through. Once he gets to the last few slots, it's just a matter of fine-tuning. He does have some wiggle room since if he's short, he can take a little off his 10% fee and buff up the last couple of slots. That's how I would build a set at least...

Ender/Dboy and people like them do an extremely valuable service for newer members of the community. I hope you realize that time spent helping people like you is time that they can't spend farming for themselves.
@RemyZ - How long ago were you geared? Ender hasn't done the "500k to be added to VIP status" thing in a while (7+ weeks). Also, Devilspawn is right - Ender doesn't gear below 100m now. So again, how long ago were you actually geared?

@Devilspawn & Celanian - Most of your points are correct. Good deductive reasoning. Bottom line guys, it's really discouraging when people complain about "my set wasn't as good as their set for the same price." Ender and I do what we do to help the Barb community, but there are way more factors to be taken into account than you might think. Celanian is right, it depends on the deals you find on a given day. Last night, I sniped an awesome Life Steal + Str + Vit + AR + Rend cost reduction belt which was a tenth of the price of what it should have been. It just depends on a given day. Also, the market changes... what cost 500k last week could cost 100k now, or 3m now. Like any market, it fluctuates.

@Everyone - I can't reinforce enough, how much we love helping the Barb community, and how incredibly disheartening it is to get criticized on the forums by people who didn't feel like they got what they deserved.

And honestly.. it always ends up being the people with low budgets (under 20m) who complain the most. Do you really think we're trying to swindle you to take your money? Or that we're trying to screw you over by buying you sub-par gear for your budget? Why would we do that? What's in it for us exactly to do a bad job? It's not about effort. Gearing is so easy, I can do it with almost no effort (especially low budgets).

When you are geared by Ender, myself, or even others helping the Barb community like DBoy and acrimony realize you are voluntarily paying for a service. We love to help, but we don't assume personal responsibility for your happiness. If you don't like the service, we're sorry, but you're in the vast minority (99% barbs are happy with the outcome).

You chose to ask for help, give us your gold, and have us gear you. We can't compensate for unskilled players, or for people who don't choose the best skills/playstyle.

@DBoy187 - Thanks for the vouch man.
Edited by Rezic#1827 on 10/12/2012 12:37 PM PDT
i wasnt very impressed with ender's services either myself. I recently had dboy187 help me and he was 10 fold more helpful and made me feel like i was getting my moneys worth. i never got a gold log s/s or any proof saying what he actually spent on my set which kind of made me suspicious. due to what little i got for my money. just my .02

anyone looking for upgrade should talk to dboy he's the man.
i wasnt very impressed with ender's services either myself. I recently had dboy187 help me and he was 10 fold more helpful and made me feel like i was getting my moneys worth. i never got a gold log s/s or any proof saying what he actually spent on my set which kind of made me suspicious. due to what little i got for my money. just my .02

anyone looking for upgrade should talk to dboy he's the man.

Been monitoring this thread, but couldn't leave this one alone.

When I started my service -- and granted, it just started -- I offered to take screenshots of every purchase if requested so that the client knows that I have his best interests at heart. This does prevent gold/service scamming on my part. However, the client needs to request it once I bring it up. It makes little sense on Ender, Rezic, DBoy, or myself to take screenshots of everything without request unless the client specifically requests it.

The purpose of my gearing service is two-fold: to eliminate the many requests I get per day for advice/gearing help, and to provide Barbarians who are ready to take the next step with gear and explanation on how each point of gear works for them in their build.

Perhaps Ender was overwhelmed with the demands. I don't know. I do know he's been doing this for months now and not until recently has someone complained about his service. To me, that's a terrific track record on Ender's part. It only goes to show that everyone makes mistakes and it's how they learn from those mistakes that makes their service even better.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 10/12/2012 3:08 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]