Diablo® III

Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.4 to 1.0.5) - old

Just want to say thanks to Peter, Weesheng and Procrus for weighing in on my build.

Peter: I'm liking Ghost Bomb and Rain of Toads. Does the large area of effect of Ghost Bomb make Life on Hit better? I had stopped prioritizing Life on Hit when Blizzard nerfed procs. I had previously tried out RoT and didn't like it at the time, but maybe with Act 3 being harder than previous acts I appreciate the long range and ability to ignore obstacles and Waller walls more now. And it does good damage. Looking for a good sixth skill now. I had tried Manitou, wasn't too impressed, and am now trying a bit of defense with Hex: Hedge Magic (healing.) Maybe a different Hex is in order though...1861 life doesn't go as far as it used to.

Weesheng: I think I actually got the idea for Pets and Bears, which I thought of as two mutually exclusive builds in earlier patches, from you, but I agree with you and Peter that I don't have the right gear for it. I don't want to mess with GF/GI with the new patch looming. Just going to hang onto my gold until then.

Procrus: Might be fun to revisit Bears after the new patch and regearing. I've pretty much just got Int/Vit/AR on my gear right now, and maybe once I know what 1.05 will be like I could start to add mana regen, or pickup, or some other category.
Edited by PorkRoll#1110 on 10/4/2012 4:08 PM PDT

Peter: I'm liking Ghost Bomb and Rain of Toads. Does the large area of effect of Ghost Bomb make Life on Hit better? I had stopped prioritizing Life on Hit when Blizzard nerfed procs. I had previously tried out RoT and didn't like it at the time, but maybe with Act 3 being harder than previous acts I appreciate the long range and ability to ignore obstacles and Waller walls more now. And it does good damage. Looking for a good sixth skill now. I had tried Manitou, wasn't too impressed, and am now trying a bit of defense with Hex: Hedge Magic (healing.) Maybe a different Hex is in order though...1861 life doesn't go as far as it used to.

I *think* Ghost Bomb should make LoH better because it can hit more targets. But, Blizzard could have lowered the coefficients so that it doesn't return as much life.
In theory it should be better, but there are always exceptions.

As for another defensive skill, you could try horrify to keep enemies away. It has a low cooldown too.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 10/5/2012 12:39 AM PDT
Going to use that build for my WD in HC.
Leveled it with it until 60 + 2 over the last few days, currently farming Act 1 and will slowly advance forward.

Using the OPs build, but i switched the Locust Swarm Rune to Pestilence for increased AoE - Damage

As i'm playin on EU, you can find my hero here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Xatulu-2101/hero/8508610
Edited by Xatulu#2101 on 10/5/2012 7:28 AM PDT
Going to use that build for my WD in HC.
Leveled it with it until 60 + 2 over the last few days, currently farming Act 1 and will slowly advance forward.

Using the OPs build, but i switched the Locust Swarm Rune to Pestilence for increased AoE - Damage

Damn be careful in hardcore. I feel very nervous that people are using my suggested build for hardcore. Just remember it is not invulnerable.
10/05/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Peter
Damn be careful in hardcore. I feel very nervous that people are using my suggested build for hardcore. Just remember it is not invulnerable.
Well, it wasn't really recommended to me, i just found it while looking through the forums and gave it a try, and leveling was pretty easy for the most part (there were sticky situations in hell act3/4, but i managed to pull through).

Update my prev. post with a character link.
Yo fellow pet masters. I have been very silent (real life work and grinding p.lvl). Just wanna say hi.

My grinding build atm. Just wanna post something useful in addition to the "just a hi message".

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fSUdYT!acT!cYaccc

Nothing special, a standard build that requires no attack speed. Cleared a3/4 with it too many times. Note that the pets can be removed for something else, but that will make my pet build pointless here.

Have a good weekend. :>
At least you are doing something. I barely play Diablo now. Been playing other games.
Phantasm needs more love in this thread. Works much faster than Locust Swarm and pets keep monsters stationary in it. People should try it.

This is my summoner build:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SgUjTY!dgW!abcYaY

Key items are Last Breath (regen + Paranoia reduction) and the often underrated Tiklandian Visage with AR and Socket (regen + globe pet heal) is a perfect fit for this build.

Utility I love Paranoia on elite packs.
Edited by Sporvan#1709 on 10/6/2012 1:40 AM PDT
rawr
Edited by Terihlon#1660 on 10/6/2012 8:30 PM PDT
I've tried phantasm before and it packs a punch.

But I need to have a primary spell that has some aoe, and rain of toads is a good one.
hey fellow pet doctors, anyone tried using plague bats?

i'm kinda liking the dot component of it and it looks like a good spray and forget kind of skill.

i remember seeing it tick for over 100k during the dot component and i'm really looking for information on how the scaling to 270% works.
I don't understand how to use bats. It's a short range spell, but I cannot help but feel there are other short range spells better than it.
Is the bug on life link zombie dogs not fixed yet? it's such a shame, because life link dogs is quite useful
Currently progressing through Act 2 (Hardcore), switched around the OPs build a bit, now using Ghostbomb + Vengful Spirit and Leeching Beasts, and its going well as of now. Not yet at Magdha though.
Ghostbomb? What can ghostbomb do that rain of toads can't in hardcore?
Edited by Peter#1403 on 10/8/2012 9:19 AM PDT
Is it just me or does firebomb crit alot more than RoT? Anyone else got the same impression?
If it really does crit more and it's not just a display bug I might switch to it even though it doesn't fire over wallers walls.
Is it just me or does firebomb crit alot more than RoT? Anyone else got the same impression?
If it really does crit more and it's not just a display bug I might switch to it even though it doesn't fire over wallers walls.

People say that Rain of Toads does crit, but the crit appears as a white number instead.
thanks for testing weesheng... i never planned on being at the head of the curve in 1.05, but it'll be good to know what's ahead.

it's not like we should be doing mp10 right now anyway. if we could breeze through it, we wouldn't need any gear from it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]