Diablo® III

Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.4 to 1.0.5) - old

which zd rune deals the most dps overall? just found out poison and burning dogs proc LoH for your character and since i have 1.4k LoH, i might change my acid rain for dogs
AFAIK poison dogs are the most single target dmg and burning dogs the most aoe dmg - but I'm no expect.
I thought they didn't proc LoH at all Oo
Yes from what I've read, poison deals the most damage.
Feels like less people are playing. I'm one of them, though may play again in 1.0.5.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 10/11/2012 2:18 AM PDT
Hey guys, check out my build. It's like a hybrid pet/ pacman build that nukes everything.
Edit: make sure you have like ~20yds of gold/ health globe pick up radius
Edited by thekrimsoned#1606 on 10/11/2012 9:03 AM PDT
Hey guys, check out my build. It's like a hybrid pet/ pacman build that nukes everything.
Edit: make sure you have like ~20yds of gold/ health globe pick up radius

Nice, the GF/GI build. Though you sure you don't want Thing of the Deep?
Well, as much as I like that sexy legendary, the zombie bears range defeats the purpose of the extra 20yds. I used to use ToTD but I gave it away to my gf an went with manajumas. Plus each bear does like 60k unbuffed with no crit. They do like up to 200k+ when they do.
Hmmm seeing as the forum is slow, I'll just post that I've been playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I think it's a worthy reimagining of the original games in the 90s.
10/15/2012 12:16 AMPosted by Peter
Hmmm seeing as the forum is slow, I'll just post that I've been playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I think it's a worthy reimagining of the original games in the 90s.

Me too. :)
Peter, thanks again for this guide. You put me on this path with my WD and she's become an excellent and efficient farmer. Aside from spending more money on equipment I'm not sure what else to do with her aside from more farming until 1.05 hits. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I find with my regen and skill set up my pets don't die. Mortars are my biggest problem. Was thinking about getting some cheap Fire walkers after the patch.
I have to echo LuckyDog on this one. Thank you very much for this guide, Peter. Not only did you help me through Inferno, you helped me understand how to spec for pets. I can now farm Inferno, and I enjoy the way the build plays. Your time and effort is appreciated.
Peter, I read on the PTR forum that pets are dying quite fast at higher MP difficulty. Not sure what's up with that yet.
Yeah no problem folks, glad the guide has helped people.

Me too. :)

I play Ironman mode and whenever one of my top soldiers die, I would hear myself go "Nooooooo" as they die in slow motion.

10/15/2012 08:03 AMPosted by LuckyDog
Aside from spending more money on equipment I'm not sure what else to do with her aside from more farming until 1.05 hits. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

My goodness, you have high dps. You have greatly surpassed my level and I don't know how to advise. You could just level your paragon level.

10/15/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Jibikao
Peter, I read on the PTR forum that pets are dying quite fast at higher MP difficulty. Not sure what's up with that yet.

I'm thinking those people half-heartedly stack defensive stats like armor and resistances, and just stack damage. It works for the current Act 3, but not at higher MP levels when you cannot one shot monsters.

How about you, how are your pets doing at those levels?
Edited by Peter#1403 on 10/15/2012 11:08 PM PDT
Well I'm certainly going to drop SH for some CC-skill. Probably going to be Mass confusion for elite packs. I'm looking to pick up Last Breath for the reduced CD but it takes some effort and money to find a good one.
Maybe Hex is worth it - will see.
But I'm not afraid to drop some dps in order to get more defensive stats and skills....
haven't played much WD much lately.. but i tried act 1 MP2... and it's just as easy as a3 was in 1.04... but with much better drops.. i still sell most of it, but it's going to start replacing my banked stuff..

gonna see how high i can comfortably farm with my old build before messing around with new stuff.. and i'm still using my double maximus.. still loving it

pets seem to be doing fine at MP4 without having to take defense passives.

occasiuonally, one of my dogs just runs off and stands off to the side. no room to attack??

5% sycophants is awesome. <3
Edited by Terihlon#1660 on 10/16/2012 10:06 PM PDT
My dogs die in MP10 like they did in 1.03 :( Garg can hack it as long as I get him a healing globe once in a while. Bad medicine is a decent alternative to jungle fortitude if you're running a bears/acid cloud build behind it. I dropped pierce the veil cuz at 150K DPS (buffed) I'm not even staggering the gotdam risen in Act 1. Went back to vision quest cuz every zombie dies like an A3 elite used to. MP10 is masochism...
Edited by ALousyBum#1746 on 10/16/2012 10:20 PM PDT
Nice to hear folks. I haven't tried 1.0.5, but I'll try it later.

And I don't think MP10 will be efficient for most of us, it'll probably be efficient for the top 1% or so.
Edited by Peter#1403 on 10/16/2012 10:59 PM PDT
haven't played much WD much lately.. but i tried act 1 MP2... and it's just as easy as a3 was in 1.04... but with much better drops.. i still sell most of it, but it's going to start replacing my banked stuff..

gonna see how high i can comfortably farm with my old build before messing around with new stuff.. and i'm still using my double maximus.. still loving it

pets seem to be doing fine at MP4 without having to take defense passives.

occasiuonally, one of my dogs just runs off and stands off to the side. no room to attack??

5% sycophants is awesome. <3

I see you are using MC - is it as good as we think?

So the sycophants proc alot? But I thought I read that the ones from teh passive skill are no good and die in second in fights vs elites. Are they actually an dps increase?
hi everyone, how would my WD fare in 1.05 MP4 and above?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BERJI-6556/hero/18548036

greatly appreciate any constructive feedback, tips etc, such as gear upgrades, skills to use instead.

thanks!
Edited by BERJI#6556 on 10/17/2012 12:12 AM PDT
MP4.
Cause MP5 monster health like 1.04 4ppl public game. That's mean your "DPS / 2".

hi everyone, how would my WD fare in 1.05 MP4 and above?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BERJI-6556/hero/18548036

greatly appreciate any constructive feedback, tips etc, such as gear upgrades, skills to use instead.

thanks!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]