Diablo® III

Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.4 to 1.0.5) - old

Just tried MP4 in Act 1. Seemed slow against elites, but doable.
I can do MP5 in Act 1 easily. My Pets don't die. Act 2 MP5 my pets still didn't die much but I did! The mortars are killing me, it's like they have a homing device on me. Still can do it but definitely died a few times. Will test out MP6 and higher tonight.
1) mp1 and above should be the same difficulty across all acts... except for the monster types that are found there and whatnot.. so i like farming a1... i think mp4 is currently my limit without going painfully slow. my damage is horrible.

2) i was just playing with mass confusion to see how the new cc changes were... i love the changes, but i have enough survivability without MC.. i should instead be trying to improve my damage.

3) sycophants aren't for damage. they're for keeping mobs off of me. it's probably overkill with 2x maximus, but i love seeing all the pets.. it's the zookeeper in me.
With the gear and build my profile is showing now I have been able to do up to mp6 with little difficulty. It takes too long to kill stuff at this point though so I settled on mp3-4 till I get my damage up. At mp3 act 3 is just as fast for me as it was pre-patch. With my mojo mp4 is about the same. With the shield shown in my profile and my enchantress my dps is at about 27k in game and with the bonus to plague of toads damage from Last Breath and Maras RoT does pretty good damage. Not sure I need the shield but I like it. I sometimes switch to my mojo for bosses.

I was doing an act 3 run earlier on mp4 and when I got to the keywarden he had 2 elite packs right next to him. Lots and lots of kiting was needed to dispose of that nonsense.
Bugs
Zombie dogs spawned from spells like Circle of Life and Big Bad Voodoo - Boogie Man, will not have Force Armor if you do not also have the Summon Zombie Dogs spell on your spell bar. This results in them dying pretty quickly.
Life Link and unruned zombie dogs do not have Force Armor

This is fixed in 1.05
hex works on keywardens! but as his CC DR goes up, he gets hexed for shorter and shorter... still a long time of decent cc tho. totally worth it imo.

with current gear/build, MP3 is the sweet spot... gotta get higher dmg to move higher
Bugs
Zombie dogs spawned from spells like Circle of Life and Big Bad Voodoo - Boogie Man, will not have Force Armor if you do not also have the Summon Zombie Dogs spell on your spell bar. This results in them dying pretty quickly.
Life Link and unruned zombie dogs do not have Force Armor

This is fixed in 1.05

Thanks for the update.

Hey all I'll need help to update the guide. Let me know of useful information and corrections.
in general, how much armor, life regen, hp and all res do you need for you and your pets to be tanking really well in higher mps? maybe around mp 7-8?
i think i'm going back to full tank mode for the moment since my dps build (60k dps :() isn't good enough for mp5
Edited by Qvoth#1557 on 10/18/2012 1:54 AM PDT
in general, how much armor, life regen, hp and all res do you need for you and your pets to be tanking really well in higher mps? maybe around mp 7-8?
i think i'm going back to full tank mode for the moment since my dps build (60k dps :() isn't good enough for mp5

I tried MP7 in Act 2 last night. Arcane lasers, molten and poison pools didn't kill my pets right away and they lasted quite long and didn't die if I walked over a health globe every 90 seconds or so. They did however get killed by those helicopter things in the Oasis. Probably because my armor isn't that high. But at MP7 it takes a long time to kill stuff so it's not efficient at my DPS.
Edited by LuckyDog#1163 on 10/18/2012 6:00 AM PDT
I have been getting a variety of weapons for testing purposes and cause I like them. Browsing through Skorns and I managed to pick one up for cheap. Wish I had done it sooner. Dps went up 10k over 1hander+mojo and 18k over 1hander+shield.

It's not super great but it has made a huge difference in my killing speed:

1130 dps
348 int
96.7% chance to bleed for 6303-9223 dmg
158% crit dmg
1 socket

With the prices falling on stuff all the time it shouldn't be hard to pick one up for cheap soon.

I also had a pair of Ice Climbers drop in an act 3 run but I can't decide if I want to use them or sell them.

I am currently using Sage's Journey (using the gloves also so I have the set bonus):
535 armor
68 int
65 all resist

The Ice Climbers I found:
331 Armor
121 Int
39 Vit
72 All resist
11% Life
172 Life Regen
1 socket
Sell the ice climbers get a better skorn. It'll make a bigger difference.
I think there is even more reason to look at Thorn overall. This is like a trash stats now. It's hard enough to get good stats and up to 20K thorn damage. 20K against MP10 is like scratching their backs.

Thorn damage needs to scale somehow or else it's really a worthless stats.
I'm beginning to think that FL with high liferegen is better at keeping the pets alive than ZH. I'm also thinking of switching back to having both. I do not like that my pets die at every other pack atm and that's at MP3.

Also I'm confused wether to use a 2-hander so LS hits harder og stick to my 1-hand/mojo. I see alot of people either use Scorn or Maximus, just can't figure out if it's actually better.
it's about the utility...

skorn = dmg
maximus = tank
gidbin/thing = little dudes and 20y pickup

i love my maximus.
i've been using this pet build for a while and i'm comfortable so far farming MP3.

pls check out my gear and skill build and give me suggestion about what should i change if i want to farm MP5+ comfortably.

thx
Looking for outside opinions on a few things.

My current build:
RoT
Pestilence
Healing Journey
Groping Eels
Humongoid
Leeching Beasts

Jungle Fortitude
Fierce Loyalty
PtV

1: What do you think about dropping JF, Humongoid, and Leeching Beasts and replacing them with Bad Medicine, Big Stinker, and Rabid Dogs?

2: Groping Eels was just kinda thrown in there. Was wondering what I could possibly replace it with. A few things I was looking at were Fetish Army (not sure what rune), Hex with either Jinx or Hedge Magic, Wall of Zombies with Creepers, and BBV with Slam Dance or Ghost Trance. Open to other suggestions.
long story short use acid rain + a high freeze %, and whatever pets you want
@FallofKings

i run the following set up on MP4 A3 (looks like my profile hasn't been updated in a while)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bhUXYT!XWg!cacYYa

pestilence is good enough to spread BM so i don't think it's necessary to use big stinker and rabid dogs. blazing spider is good enough for me to kill most mobs fast since it crits 30k dmg per hit for me often enough ...
i'm doin okay with my current build in mp4 ... trying to get my keys now.. any idea how hard the ubers are at lower MP?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]