Diablo® III

Pet Guide (Patch 1.0.4 to 1.0.5) - old

This means that, 2H weapons may be better for us than 1H and Mojo.

Yeah, skills are based on "weapon damage". DPS number is kind of misleading if you are using a faster attack weapon because that DPS can only be achieved if you stand still and spam nonstop. If you are using a spender (skills that cost resource), 2H weapon hits harder but slower.

In the case of DoT spells like Swarm and Haunt with long duration, 2H is definitely better because 2H has higher base weapon damage and the gap between min/max is much less.

I am in act 4 and I am STUCK. Stuck in a sense that I've been farming act 3 (slowly) and I still only have about 8.5 millions of gold and I can't find a good deal on Manajuma set. They are way out of my league. Dagger and Mojo are just too expensive for me. I think I am going to find a good 2H handler.

I don't know if I am not selling the right items in AH. I mean I vendor a lot of stuff. I am paragon level 18. I must be the poorest paragon 18 out there. LOL Every paragon 15+ players I've teamed with in public have awesome legendary and sets. :(
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 9/9/2012 11:04 AM PDT
I have mixed feelings about Zunimassa now. But yeah not everyone can afford it. It is supposed to be high end stuff that you can get only after grinding for months.

Some legendary items like the Skysplitter are actually quite cheap. Mine costed 2m but only because I wanted specific stats and a higher dps. The cheapest one is probably less than a million.
i'm having a hard time balancing survivability and killing speed. it makes me sad panda

the build i posted last night works well in a3 but is too squishy for a4.

*edit*
a4 modifications with same gear... seems to work fine now.

honored guest -> healing journey
ptv/gruesome feast -> JF/FL
gotd -> frightening aspect
Edited by Terihlon#1660 on 9/9/2012 12:57 PM PDT
I have mixed feelings about Zunimassa now. But yeah not everyone can afford it. It is supposed to be high end stuff that you can get only after grinding for months.

Some legendary items like the Skysplitter are actually quite cheap. Mine costed 2m but only because I wanted specific stats and a higher dps. The cheapest one is probably less than a million.

I was checking out Zunimassa set and the price is ridiculous!!!!!

Skysplitter has life regen which is probably a good pet build weapon. Is that why you bought it?
Zunimassa is worth every gold piece. It is... AMAZING! And this is coming from a guy who uses the set with Maximus. The set is better with zombie bears than bats.
09/09/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Nianque
Zunimassa is worth every gold piece. It is... AMAZING! And this is coming from a guy who uses the set with Maximus. The set is better with zombie bears than bats.

how big of a deal is the +fire dmg from maximus? and the demon/chain??
i just read that u can lower dog cd to zero. lol. sacrifice build ftw.
09/09/2012 06:42 AMPosted by weesheng
I did not know that hellrack had bleed. Also the point wasn't 2 shotting everything. Like I stated before I want to play a pet build not a bear build.

The point I was driving at was paying for a Skorn to use the bleed when Hell Rack will suffice for most purposes. Anyone can do a bleed build with that cheap crossbow. Skorn is still a end game goal though.

hellrack is crap compared to skorn. it's really half as effective and your base damage will be substantially lower.

and if your damage number is low, even with skorn bears isn't great in act 3 and later. It's better to use acid rain and RoT and go for bleed stacking.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RdUZYT!dYb!acZbYa

hilarious. pushing 90k dps with full buffs. really fast clearing a3 ... only thing it could add is sacrifice :)
Edited by Terihlon#1660 on 9/9/2012 2:25 PM PDT
I am in act 4 and I am STUCK. Stuck in a sense that I've been farming act 3 (slowly) and I still only have about 8.5 millions of gold and I can't find a good deal on Manajuma set. They are way out of my league. Dagger and Mojo are just too expensive for me. I think I am going to find a good 2H handler.

I don't know if I am not selling the right items in AH. I mean I vendor a lot of stuff. I am paragon level 18. I must be the poorest paragon 18 out there. LOL Every paragon 15+ players I've teamed with in public have awesome legendary and sets. :(

You're poor!? I'm paragon lvl 10, almost 11, I have never found a legendary on this character. I can farm all of act 3 extremely easily with 3 different builds, and the most gold I've ever had is 1.2 mil. I've tried selling gems, my drops, buying cheap weapons and selling them for slim profits. Everything. I just cannot find good enough items to sell even though I'm getting about a drop a mInute.

You're poor!? I'm paragon lvl 10, almost 11, I have never found a legendary on this character. I can farm all of act 3 extremely easily with 3 different builds, and the most gold I've ever had is 1.2 mil. I've tried selling gems, my drops, buying cheap weapons and selling them for slim profits. Everything. I just cannot find good enough items to sell even though I'm getting about a drop a mInute.

I like your equipment. I can't seem to push my DPS higher than 30K atm without changing to more +critical. I've found 4 legendary since 1.04. none of them are worth even 500K. I didn't even bother to check. I know it won't be worth that much. lol

I have around 550-600 all resistance but I am not feeling the protection even with Fortitude. Ugh.. I think I need complete overhaul. I want to kill quicker but I don't want to be a glass cannon.

I want to maintain my AR at about 550 and about 2000 INT but if I also want +critical, it's too expensive for me. :( I tried to bid 5 items over the weekend and lost everyone of them. LOL
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 9/9/2012 3:05 PM PDT

I like your equipment. I can't seem to push my DPS higher than 30K atm without changing to more +critical. I've found 4 legendary since 1.04. none of them are worth even 500K. I didn't even bother to check. I know it won't be worth that much. lol

I have around 550-600 all resistance but I am not feeling the protection even with Fortitude. Ugh.. I think I need complete overhaul. I want to kill quicker but I don't want to be a glass cannon.

I want to maintain my AR at about 550 and about 2000 INT but if I also want +critical, it's too expensive for me. :( I tried to bid 5 items over the weekend and lost everyone of them. LOL

your build is really inefficient. you have skills to make your other !@#$ty skills less %^-*ty... barrage seems to be forcing you to use rush of essence & and blood ritual. that's 3 skill slots just to do what any primary attack can do. if you really want to use those skills, you have to accept the fact that it'll be harder to make it work.

.. you're not just using those spells b/c they're pink, are you?
Edited by Terihlon#1660 on 9/9/2012 3:15 PM PDT
My equipment is just ok. I have a defensive set of gear to go with a defensive build if I want to kill diablo, etc. but if I just wanna farm this sacrifice build and crit equipment is pretty fragile but I don't die too much. The raining fireballs affix (molten?) kills me more than everything else combined. The gear I have on my profile I found some of and the rest cost 750k tops.
09/09/2012 03:43 PMPosted by agentj73
My equipment is just ok. I have a defensive set of gear to go with a defensive build if I want to kill diablo, etc. but if I just wanna farm this sacrifice build and crit equipment is pretty fragile but I don't die too much. The raining fireballs affix (molten?) kills me more than everything else combined. The gear I have on my profile I found some of and the rest cost 750k tops.

mortar. you have to learn to dodge them (you can see the orange circles where they're going to hit). place movement at a higher priority than damage. the only time you should get stuck is when there are other things preventing you from moving (jailer, waller, frozen, etc.). and u need to save spirit walk to break out of those.

your build is pretty close to what i was thinking about trying.. except i wanted to use sacrifice for the +dmg rune... combined with gruesome feast and soul harvest... hah. i dunno what to say about your gear, but i don't think i'd be comfortable with having such low resists/armor
I know how to dodge molten. It just does a ton of dmg at long range. And they fire it non stop.

your build is really inefficient. you have skills to make your other !@#$ty skills less %^-*ty... barrage seems to be forcing you to use rush of essence & and blood ritual. that's 3 skill slots just to do what any primary attack can do. if you really want to use those skills, you have to accept the fact that it'll be harder to make it work.

.. you're not just using those spells b/c they're pink, are you?

I pretty much decide what I want to focus on Well of Souls. I am trying to add more damage from Voodoo or Grasp. I change depending on the team setting as I team a lot.

Well of Souls is pretty good. My problem is my base damage is not high enough. With a +12% SB property, my main soul can already critical over 100K with my pathetic +critical damage. I see potential in it but I just don't have good enough gear.

I pretty much decide what I want to focus on Well of Souls. I am trying to add more damage from Voodoo or Grasp. I change depending on the team setting as I team a lot.

Well of Souls is pretty good. My problem is my base damage is not high enough. With a +12% SB property, my main soul can already critical over 100K with my pathetic +critical damage. I see potential in it but I just don't have good enough gear.

if you are dead set on using 3 skills to accomplish what a primary attack should, then yes: you will have to vastly improve your gear to compensate. let us know how it goes!

09/09/2012 05:42 PMPosted by agentj73
I know how to dodge molten. It just does a ton of dmg at long range. And they fire it non stop.

Assuming the mobs are clumped and don't have affixes that are dangerous at melee range, you can stand next to them to avoid mortar. it also helps to have run speed. you'll be able to get a cast in every time you move. jaunt might help if you need a longer immunity to get damage in. cc also helps
Say I were to find a stormshield with 192 int and 73 all resist would it be worth losing 2k health. I would gain 103 int over what I have now.
Folks this is very strange.

Brief testing shows that your ability damage is based on your weapon damage. A 2H will do more damage despite having the same dps as a 1H. Pretty sure this is common knowledge.

However, pet damage isn't affected by weapon damage. It is affected by your overall damage on your character sheet.

Skysplitter has life regen which is probably a good pet build weapon. Is that why you bought it?

Haha yes, I never knew a weapon would have Life Regen, nevermind such a huge amount. Easily 2-3 gear's worth of Life Regen. This frees up the need to get life regen on other gear and I can focus on other stats. Thanks to FallofKings introducing it in this thread.

09/09/2012 07:07 PMPosted by FallofKings
Say I were to find a stormshield with 192 int and 73 all resist would it be worth losing 2k health. I would gain 103 int over what I have now.

You may die more, but if you can avoid death better in Act 3, go for it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]