Diablo® III

What happened to GW2?

I bought that game before D3 open beta but I have not started to play yet since 1.04.
Today I go check the website and found their official forum is still closed. I realize many players complain that game in some fans site. So what is going on to that game. Don't even dare to set forum up to accept criticize?
Reply Quote
they shut down forums because they don't have the infrastructure to keep that up and maintain stability in game. the same reason why they disabled pc downloads.

in other words, anet cares about gameplay experience before profit.
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Booyakah

That's one very liberal way to spin it.
Reply Quote

Where your comments coming from? They care more so they shutdown the forum?
Reply Quote
Because people bought an item from a vendor that was way cheaper than intended and honestly to anyone with a brain knew this. All these people were banned for BUYING it, as though it was up to them to make a moral choice to not buy it because it was clearly a mistake on GW part. 4,000+ people permabanned in the first week for their mistake. Then they decided to make it 72 hours on each person, which is still to much considering it was their mistake. I think after that, they should have let them keep the item and not be banned. At the very least, instead of permaban, get rid of the items and remove it from the vendor. The admins/moderation in that game is a joke. You can't make a small program that searches players inventories for this item? Is it really that hard?

They also banned Kripparian for an exploit he did and made basically nothing off of while others made 100s of gold. I think he's unbanned now but he might get banned again for doing something by complete accident. He bought 4 items for charma, 4.4k. All he wanted to do was combine them to make himself a potentially better item, one of those underwater helmets. He combines them and it gives him some horrible armor worth 3 silver. He breaks it down and it gives him an item that I suppose is rare, I wouldn't know. Since he is streaming, they considered that basically him showing off an exploit. Those people got things completely backwards. He is using YOUR game mechanics to improve his items and YOUR game mechanics gave him an item so YOU'RE going to BAN him for playing the game the way it was meant to be played?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
they shut down forums because they don't have the infrastructure to keep that up and maintain stability in game. the same reason why they disabled pc downloads.

if they did care they would not of developed such a crappy game .. gw2 SUCKS.
Reply Quote
It killed D3 - didn't you hear? Everyone left to play GW 2 cause its the best thing ever... wasn't that what happened?

I was actually going to check it out, but oh - you can't buy the game right now. Or update your old accounts, or change PW information...
Reply Quote
ROFL @ Guildwars 2
Reply Quote
Their forums are open. So you posted this about an hour ago (while the forums are up.) They have been up for the last 3 days I believe.

Day late maybe? Dollar short?

LOL this thread is filled with unbelievable trolls. GW2 is a really great game. Had D3, it was bad. Super bad. Sooo so bad. Love blizzard games. Had D2, D1, SC2, SC1 and even played some WoW for once month.

GW2 is a lot of fun. I enjoy it 10X more than D3. D3 has been improved but there is no need to dog GW2 if D3 is so great. Maybe its not for you? Paragon levels look cool but I am not going back.

09/05/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Hugz
I was actually going to check it out, but oh - you can't buy the game right now. Or update your old accounts, or change PW information...

Buy the game in store. They don't want to sell more digital copies online because of server load. Their infrastructure can handle it but there are overflow servers setup. Selling an unlimited amount of digital copies could be bad.

As for the forums, they had to change them completely, they are switching to newly completed forums. The original beta forums were disabled.
Edited by Zoul#1415 on 9/5/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi. Currently a lvl 32 thief. Comments:

AH is down about 80% of the time in my experience. So if you dont want to wait you need to face to face trade (mail) or make it / find it yourself.

Today an event was stuck as in the bad guys just kept coming forever. Was booted from client and when I came back on a couple minutes later it was restarted and fixed. This was the only time this happened to me.

Couple nights ago a champion spawn was sitting in a waypoint I wanted to use and there was none around to help kill it. Champion spawn is a group activity imo. Managed to kite the champion out of the waypoint and into some other mobs which it aggro'd. So managed to kill it with help of other mobs.

No other problems that I can think of atm. Otherwise I have been having a fun experience.

Havent had a problem logging in yet.

I hadnt heard that you cannot buy an account now. Well that sucks.

Thief compared to WoW thief:

Virtually no stealth other than to escape. Supposed to be a shadowstep which I havent used yet. Oh there is the steal thief trademark skill I havent used it much. Maybe its good idk. I dont really like it.

Its a cross between hunter with out a pet and rogue.

Three basic weapon types that I use so far are:

Dagger / Dagger is for up close single and a little multiple target. High damage.

Short Bow is for ranged multiple targets. Lower damage.

Pistol / Pistol is for ranged single targets. High damage.

There are some other weapon combos but i use the above three. You are able to switch between to weapon combos during a fight. Underwater fighting uses two weapons a long range spear gun and a close range trident or spear. Again you can switch between the long range or close range as needed during a fight.

You gain access to perk skills as you level or aquire skill points by finding them. I am using these perk skills atm:

Trip wire. A trap that you can set on the run which trips you enemy should he cross it.

Thief trap. When tripped an AI thief drops in to help for 20 secs.

Thief guild skill. Call in two more AI thiefs to help for a bit.

The self heal / vanish skill.

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
I don't play GW2 but this looks like their forum. Second time I have seen this question recently. Is it difficult to find or do you have an old/nonworking link or something?

http://www.guildwars2forum.com/forum.php?s=1cd2b37331ad2941984518f75605696f
Reply Quote
Game is in a fairly solid state for a one week old MMO. Good chunk of bugs, but I found maybe two broken events from 1-80, and both have since been fixed. While I'd love the forums and Trading post to be fully functional, in the long span of things a week or three will not be a big deal, at least for me.

They have been releasing state-of-the-game updates heavily, and already a huge number of issues have been successfully fixed. For a few days now it has been to the point that I experience gameplay without any problems. The only thing that has stopped my playing was one 5 minute disconnect, and the updates that happen about once a night which require a game restart and nothing more.

Official forum is here,
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum
The support forums were opened up I believe yesterday, and I assume we'll see the rest reopened in the near future.

If you have any specific questions about the game, I'll do my best to check back here and answer.
Edited by Pelican#1233 on 9/5/2012 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

They don't have the server stability to keep up a forum, and that's considered a good thing?
Reply Quote

They don't have the server stability to keep up a forum, and that's considered a good thing?

Since launch the game has been online and accessible more than WoW. If keeping down the forums for a tiny fraction of the game's life makes that possible, I'm ok with that.
Reply Quote
Since launch the game has been online and accessible more than WoW. If keeping down the forums for a tiny fraction of the game's life makes that possible, I'm ok with that.

I don't really think that a forum is going to impact a heavily populated mmo's server one way or the other.
Reply Quote
I've been having a great deal of fun. I'm only to level 20, but so far it's been great. I have experienced no problems logging in, no lag, but I hear some do.The game is quite different from other MMOs. Whether that means you will like it or not, I can't say.
Reply Quote

if they did care they would not of developed such a crappy game .. gw2 SUCKS.

Another one of these posts, not surprised. I'm betting at most you played open beta.
Reply Quote
1.Forums were down as a way to keep there infrastructure and Programmers Concentrated on the Game. Look at it this way. If the game is unplayable, the Forums explode. If the game is playable, there are other forums.

2. The bans were due to an exploit where a certain set of items cost 21 karma (an alternate currency) as opposed to 21,000 Karma. The item tier before that was More expensive.

3. They shut down sales on the site in order to protect current players gameplay experience and to help keep a positive appearance. the majority of players are playing fine. adding to many more would probably negligently effect that.

4. So far. I'm lvl 80 now ( maxed lvl) and i'm having a Blast. I still haven't touched my personal Story, Doing alot of Exploration still zones i haven't even stepped foot in. Only did 1 Dungeon haven't been in a Spvp Match since launch. And just dove into WvW today with my Guild. I'm Really enjoying Every aspect of the game.

5. Trading post has been down But i have a whole guild to pull from. I Understand they are having trouble with it since unlike other MMO's the trading post is world wide. and i would rather it down while they fix it then up and people constantly losing gold/Items.

My advise if you have the Game.. Clear your EQ based MMO thoughts out come in with a fresh outlook and Just play it... if you don't like it so be it if you do .. enjoy it while it last
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]