Diablo® III

100k dps+ dual wielding demon hunters

09/18/2012 05:47 PMPosted by KenOngSG
Hi fellow DW hunters, i just made the switch! Am slightly over 80k dps unbuffed now. Need some advice on what to upgrade next to increase my dps. I have 20 mil now. Thanks all for your help! Cheers!

I'd get a socketed helm with some sort of ruby in it, myself. And try to get the same stats with higher crit % if you can. Not really a dps thing, tho, but a paragon thing.
Reply Quote
Yo anyone see that 1h that was on the AH last night? something like 1030 dps 240 dex os 90 crit dmg. For like 100m buy out I plugged it into the dps calc and when i went to buy it, it had been sold :/

I'm currently trying to replace my neck, but its hard to give up that 35 mf and drop below cap. magic find is a terrible addiction.

Are you sure? I saw a 240 dex handbow last night but it didnt have those other stats. otherwise I would have bought it for sure... especially if it was only 100m
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 9/19/2012 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not totally sure of the dex but i know it was in the 200s with 90 something crit, and 1030 dps. I'm kicking myself for not buying it.

I'm a bit confused on average damage on ammys and such. Does xx-xx amount of damage yield more raw dps output than say xx minimum or max dmg?
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Lazer
I'm a bit confused on average damage on ammys and such. Does xx-xx amount of damage yield more raw dps output than say xx minimum or max dmg?

They both do the same thing, just different text just in case you don't roll one or the other. You wouldn't want to see

23-??
??-48

now would you?

~Faster
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Scar-2136/hero/10187523

not sure if anyone has seen this guy (since he's on the europe server)
Impressive for a dual wielding dh
Reply Quote
View profile

mehh not bad. theres a lot better DW dh posting in this thread
Reply Quote

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/%ED%83%B1%ED%81%AC%EC%99%95-3825/cruiz/245538

highest dps dw dh out there, so you have something to compare to.

totally insane gear :o
Reply Quote
I'm not quite up to the 100kdps range yet, but getting there! Currently at 84kdps.
This thread inspired me to try switching to DW and do something different. =)

I lost a few thousand dps when switching from my 1 socket manticore, but I've gained it back (and more) with some pretty affordable gear upgrades.

Over the past few days I've been pondering if SoT is more worthwhile for me to run or evasive fire (which I have been using for a long time due to my chest piece).

For those running Vengeance - when does it become more useful than something like Perfectionist? It's so popular and I haven't done enough testing to really get it.

In the meantime, I'll keep stalking the AH for deals and interesting gear.
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/%ED%83%B1%ED%81%AC%EC%99%95-3825/cruiz/245538

highest dps dw dh out there, so you have something to compare to.

totally insane gear :o

Definitely all kinds of jelly right about now. Still, no legacy nats = Not as impressive.
Edited by Faster#1484 on 9/19/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Your math is wrong for DW IAS

They don't add up 11%+11%+15%, it's just plain 11%+15%. That's the reason why your IAS changes on your character sheet as you alternate between the shots (that is if your 1H xbows are of different IAS).

A 20% DML + 11% xbow will be faster than 2x 11% 1H xbows.. but like someone mentioned, DW DPS will still hands down be better than 1H + quiver setup, unless your 1Hers are not BIS

I ran some numbers on dual wield vs 1hxbow & DML...

These numbers are all based on max values:
DML can have 20% IAS
1hxb can have 11% (maybe more? I don't remember) so 11% + 11% + 15% = 37% possible vs 31% possible with 1hx & DML. Lose 6% IAS

Crit chance vs. Crit dmg
You're essentially giving up 200% crit dmg for 10% crit chance
Also, DML can roll more dex than a 1hxb (or am I wrong) so you may also get more dps there

Misc for DML
Max Discipline
Skill bonus
Guaranteed Vitality

I punched in a damage calc and if I swap out 1 of my current x-bows (145% crit dmg) with a DML (200 dex, 20ias, 10 CC) I lose roughly 9.5k DPS.
So the question is, is the loss in DPS worth the misc additions?
For me, no... but I haven't run with any of the skill bonuses on the DML to make a fair comparison.
However it'd be hard to make a case to justify the loss in 10k dps (even more if you have a 200% crit weapon).
For me, dual wield still wins!!

Thanks Scud, I never looked at it that way but it makes sense.
Since you are averaging DPS between 2 xbows, you are also averaging attack speed.
Wielding two xbows that have 1.76 aps each will not somehow get you 1.92 aps, even though each bow has 10% ias on them. On paper it is easy to make that mistake as I did.
However that also brings to light that if xbow 1 has 10% ias, and xbow 2 does not, you actually lose attack speed over just using the first xbow since they are averaged.
Again, all of this seems pretty obvious but it went over my head completely.
This puts me further from my 3APS goal :(
Reply Quote
Barely made the cut lol but damn people in this thread are insane!
Reply Quote
cheers, finally manage to hit 100k,
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Lazer
Not totally sure of the dex but i know it was in the 200s with 90 something crit, and 1030 dps. I'm kicking myself for not buying it.

According to diabloprogress.com, no such weapon with close to those stats exists.
Reply Quote
just wondering who has the highest dps that posted in here?
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 08:06 PMPosted by krapneb
just wondering who has the highest dps that posted in here?

Some guy with 5k hp, I think. Pure glass cannon or something.
Reply Quote

no nat set, base discipline..

pretty bad imo
Reply Quote
Up to 153k+ dps.. i need to get 1000 dps bow lol with the same stats my bows have.. but i doubt that will ever happen. Haha
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Monsta
According to diabloprogress.com, no such weapon with close to those stats exists.

Must have not been quite that impressive. It was late and I couldn't sleep so perhaps it was a mirage.

Do you guys think this ring is worth 100m. Kinda debating buying it, or should I upgrade other parts of my gear with that money?

27-60 dmg
9 ias
25 crit dmg
3.5 crit chance
Reply Quote

Do you guys think this ring is worth 100m. Kinda debating buying it, or should I upgrade other parts of my gear with that money?

27-60 dmg
9 ias
25 crit dmg
3.5 crit chance

My trifecta ring was worth 50m but I'm pretty sure I got it for a steal, hehe. I'd say even without dex that's worth it. It's got a high amount of raw damage + max IAS.

~Faster
Reply Quote
legacy nats is way overated
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]