Diablo® III

100k dps+ dual wielding demon hunters

I just barely make the cut at 105K.

I am not really paying a lot of attention while playing lately so lots of deaths.

But it's generally not a problem if I am paying attention. I've been trying different hatred spenders, but I find myself happiest with cluster arrow - cluster bomb.

I'm no where near 100k lol, but Cluster Arrow FTW!
Reply Quote
Not even close to 100k, I think im at 55-60k base :(
Reply Quote
*target elite* and fairy slap, fairy slap, fairy slap, fairy slap, fairy slap...

*target minon* KO!

Minimum damage on 1 hander =/
Reply Quote
Hi sir evolution. can i add you in game? Im new to DH and i think i want this DW. Can you check my profile? What should i replace to my gears?thanks
Reply Quote
Hi. 134k w/o SS and running close to max MF with GF on gear. The closer i am to cap MF, i start replacing the weakest mf/gf piece I have. So far, only replaced 4 pieces. I also prefer the set bows for the LoH and extra dex, but thats just me and my playstyle. This is my second post on the forums, so I'm new. Sup everyone!
Reply Quote
Approaching 100k quickly. Anyone out there using spike traps? mine hit so hard. I have been using them since the beginning and can lay them out perfectly. Serious dps. I also use frost arrow for night stalker and gloom. This has been very effective for me as a lower end DH.

See you at the 100k line.
Reply Quote
yeah finally reached the 100k mark today!!
Reply Quote
They definitely need to buff DW. Just looked up diabloprogress, my revenge is ranked 4th n spite ranked 27th in the America's and I barely crack 200k dps w/o ss. Granted, I do sport 432k eHP so can sacrifice some more defense for offense. But still, with a 1H, damage will be way higher.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 06:08 AMPosted by vondoe
They definitely need to buff DW. Just looked up diabloprogress, my revenge is ranked 4th n spite ranked 27th in the America's and I barely crack 200k dps w/o ss. Granted, I do sport 432k eHP so can sacrifice some more defense for offense. But still, with a 1H, damage will be way higher.

I have been thinking about this recently as well and I think the biggest difference between us and 2 hand crossbows/bows is the Quiver and how it negates some of our biggest advantages. The first and biggest in my mind is the Crit Chance from Archery. We get 10cc for going Dual Wield and they get 50cd but when you factor in 8-10cc from a Quiver they end up getting both.

The second is their stats are generically good. If you take 10 good Quivers they will be useful to 10 people. Now if you take all applicable stats, dex/vitality/displine, and replace attack speed and crit chance with socket and crit damage you would be lucky to have one usable hand bow. Its not enough to just beat the rng when the overall usefullness of a hand bow starts with DPS.

Demon Hunters have always been able to use 2 hand + Quiver but in the last patch they buffed other 2 hand weapons to compensate other classes that had to sacrifice the offhand option. We have the same problem but in reverse
Reply Quote
Finally break through the 100k dps benchmark...
However, now I'm facing a problem on which equipment to enhance...
Any recommendation anyone?
Reply Quote
I have been thinking about this recently as well and I think the biggest difference between us and 2 hand crossbows/bows is the Quiver and how it negates some of our biggest advantages. The first and biggest in my mind is the Crit Chance from Archery. We get 10cc for going Dual Wield and they get 50cd but when you factor in 8-10cc from a Quiver they end up getting both.

The second is their stats are generically good. If you take 10 good Quivers they will be useful to 10 people. Now if you take all applicable stats, dex/vitality/displine, and replace attack speed and crit chance with socket and crit damage you would be lucky to have one usable hand bow. Its not enough to just beat the rng when the overall usefullness of a hand bow starts with DPS.

Demon Hunters have always been able to use 2 hand + Quiver but in the last patch they buffed other 2 hand weapons to compensate other classes that had to sacrifice the offhand option. We have the same problem but in reverse

To be honest the DPS boost from a 20% ias DML is pretty hard to beat. & it's very hard to search for a off-hander that can match that and without losing much DPS. Also you need a higher gear requirement to hit the golden 50% crit chance with dual wielding, which is not very affordable to most people.
Edited by Schatten#3592 on 10/6/2012 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The gap between DW and 2H + quiver was ok until they buffed up manticore and DML. Manticore should never have been able to roll with attack speed, imo.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Monsta
The gap between DW and 2H + quiver was ok until they buffed up manticore and DML. Manticore should never have been able to roll with attack speed, imo.

Agree...This makes DW kinda lost out a lot to 2H crossbow...
unless they fix the critical chance of the passive skill for DW increase 10% for each 1H bow they equip, that should make up the difference.

still, don't know whether bliz will do so...
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:57 AMPosted by briant
Hi sir evolution. can i add you in game? Im new to DH and i think i want this DW. Can you check my profile? What should i replace to my gears?thanks

Sure u can nezt time im on i can take a look and give ya some advice.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Monsta

Manticore has also moved in on or other big advantage Crit Damage. A well rolled 2 socket Manticore can have 330-350 cd, including Archery, and like i mentioned earlier gets our Archery 8-10 crit chance from a Quiver.

Edit:

Dont want to get in trouble for double posting but another problem we have is hand bows are class specific weapons. All other classes have certain incentives when it comes to class specific weapons but at the end of the day they can use the best weapon available to them. When you decide to Dual Wield you do not have this option and are restricted to just hand bows.
Edited by TorpedoVegas#1103 on 10/7/2012 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Could one you fellow DW DH's give me some input on my main hand crossbow.

Do you think that having 100+ vit is decent enough to not worry about ugrading it before other pieces of my gear? I want to stay above 30k HP.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
personally, i would replace nats slayer and change out some of your emeralds into amethysts if you're concerned about HP
Reply Quote
and a quick note about the DML discussion

if i take out my rare 1h xbow (for sale here btw:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794831892) and put in a 20% DML with 200dex/200vit i lose about 25-30k dps depending on whether i use my danetta's or rare xbow as my main.

If you're going to use a 1hxbow, there is no other way to play with it than to go dual wield IME because of the ability to stack Crit AND have +10% crit because of archery.

one issue with dual wielding is where are you going to get your vit from because everyone doesnt gear for the fact that removing DML = losing 200vit = losing 7k HP.
Edited by holycrawler#1302 on 10/7/2012 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Upgraded my main hand to a hand bow with slightly less DPS and crit damage, but it has dex and vit + some hatred regen. Only cost 888k, couldn't pass it up.
Reply Quote
Just switch from Bow to DW and I love it...pls advise what will be the next upgrade of my gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]