Diablo® III

100k dps+ dual wielding demon hunters

You can add me. I normally run with other DHs on this thread and so far it's been a blasty blast. :3
Reply Quote
Hi.
I'm around 129 w/o SS and 350~365 with SS (if farmin or not)
Reply Quote
View profile
^You're not dual wielding =P
Reply Quote
178k with out ss
Reply Quote
Hope you disconnected with 100% crit chance due to SS, cause 350K DPS without it would be brutal lol... and 90% attack speed, damn!
Reply Quote
So to 100k+ dual wielders, how does your playstyle differ from 2H wielders?
It looks like not many of you are using the big burst damage type skills (LFB or Cluster) and instead is concentrating on constant/sustained DPS.

My build is built around spamming shooting stars. Shooting stars w/ ballistics passive is 200% dmg + 3 rockets @ 263% dmg each rocket.

I generate ~46 hatred every 2 seconds and my ehp is ~475k - 500k w/ gloom, so I can pretty much facetank any elite.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 9/12/2012 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
It looks like not many of you are using the big burst damage type skills (LFB or Cluster) and instead is concentrating on constant/sustained DPS.
Pretty much. Our hatred big spenders(Cluster Bombs/Spike Trap/Loaded for bear) don't hit very hard relatively. I mean we regen hatred a lot faster but we spend it a lot faster too.
Reply Quote
I've seen people talking about an infinite strafe build but I don't get it.Do you just use prepraration:punishment and depend on the crits from the strafe to refill disc?In that case, are they using strafe: singing steel for the 100% bonus crit dmg?

@khoaker

Yup your right... you need to max out the Disc, Prep:Punishment do not have cool down which is nice to recharge the hatred, critical hit chance 40-50%, and use perfectionist + nightstalker combo as passive. the only thing is he uses strafe:equillibrium for more attack speed for more additional crits. works well i think if you have Nats Legacy 4 set, because of 2Disc/sec.
Edited by IKrow#1891 on 9/12/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
126k without SS... 48.5% Crit-Chance
Reply Quote
I've messed around with a 'triple nuke' spec involving punishment rune, cluster bombs, vengeance and at LEAST 50 disc. You can see where I'm going here.

I switched to my current spec to speed clear and so far I'm enjoying it.
Edited by Faster#1484 on 9/12/2012 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
still think ball lightning trumps all else for DW.

Vengeance + Ball Lightning +100K DPS = speed runs
Reply Quote
View profile
I just use BL for NightStalker.
Reply Quote

I prefer Multi-shot with Suppression Fire, so to each his own. :)

Also, I tried Night stalker today and was curious when they added the 1 second ICD to it? I might just be crazy but with ~58% crit chance and even using BL due to the ticks, I was only getting 1 disc per second from it. I remember pre 1.0.3 (The last time I used Night Stalker), it procced like crazy without an ICD.
Edited by Faster#1484 on 9/12/2012 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi there, I can do 100k (barely) with all buffs and some glassy gear. I am running with a more "tanky" setup right now, since I just die too fast (I guess I am careless?). Anyway, two questions:
1. suggestions to improve my current setup (on a budget)
2. Some playstyle suggestions, as I dont seem to be doing very well with 3k armor and 400 resists all...

Thanks!
Reply Quote
btw I stream so come hang out! twitch.tv/krapneb
Reply Quote
@enavro, you and I seem very evenly geared. If you want, add me and we can run some time. I have a couple friends I often run with that front line it, and that makes it easier too.
Reply Quote

Also, I tried Night stalker today and was curious when they added the 1 second ICD to it? I might just be crazy but with ~58% crit chance and even using BL due to the ticks, I was only getting 1 disc per second from it. I remember pre 1.0.3 (The last time I used Night Stalker), it procced like crazy without an ICD.

Which hatred generator were you using then? It should use the proc coefficient like critical mass, which means you;d see a lot more with say, cinder arrow than spray of teeth.
Reply Quote

Which hatred generator were you using then? It should use the proc coefficient like critical mass, which means you;d see a lot more with say, cinder arrow than spray of teeth.

I use SoT, yes. The issue is using Ball Lightning which triggered the proc continuously in the past, unhindered by an internal cool down. Using it now, in patch 1.0.4, I'm noticing it returning far less disc, the "blue aura" bubble triggering once a second. Maybe I'm just noticing this now or not, but I'm curious to know if it was stealth nerfed in some way.
Edited by Faster#1484 on 9/13/2012 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I was looking at your build and was wondering if you using it on the elites/champs or are you using Hunger Arrow for them? I keep Loaded for Bear as back up to use on them and then Ball Lightning to clear trash.
Reply Quote

My build is built around spamming shooting stars. Shooting stars w/ ballistics passive is 200% dmg + 3 rockets @ 263% dmg each rocket.

I generate ~46 hatred every 2 seconds and my ehp is ~475k - 500k w/ gloom, so I can pretty much facetank any elite.

So you are using your fast attack speed with 8 hate per attack grenades to regen your cluster shots... interesting :) I should give it a try.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]