Diablo® III

100k dps+ dual wielding demon hunters

Which hatred generator were you using then? It should use the proc coefficient like critical mass, which means you;d see a lot more with say, cinder arrow than spray of teeth.

I use SoT, yes. The issue is using Ball Lightning which triggered the proc continuously in the past, unhindered by an internal cool down. Using it now, in patch 1.0.4, I'm noticing it returning far less disc, the "blue aura" bubble triggering once a second. Maybe I'm just noticing this now or not, but I'm curious to know if it was stealth nerfed in some way.

Hrm, I'm testing with Ball Lightning right now, and it doesn't appear to have an ICD, unless it's per target, but it is extremely streaky. Some shots refill the globe extremely quickly, and then I can go for a very long time without seeming to get anything from night stalker at all. I just wanted to initially rule out something you may have forgotten.
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Nox
Hrm, I'm testing with Ball Lightning right now, and it doesn't appear to have an ICD, unless it's per target, but it is extremely streaky. Some shots refill the globe extremely quickly, and then I can go for a very long time without seeming to get anything from night stalker at all. I just wanted to initially rule out something you may have forgotten.

You may be right, I might have missed something. I'll get back to you as I test it now but thanks for the confirmation!

~Faster
Reply Quote
So I just came to realize something about NS.

I've been killing stuff way too fast to notice any additional ticks of NS the way I used to back then lol. I equipped a trash xbow and tried it-- works like a charm. :)

How silly of me.

~Faster
Reply Quote
Just barely making the 100k. Before, I was using CB but I switched to BL after some people said it was better.

I did one run today using Bola Shot: Bitter Pill... The explosion can only happen one at a time so spamming Bola is pretty much useless. I don't remember if Acid Strike also has the 1 second delay but if it doesn't, its pretty much a different version of Covering Fire... Probably gonna go back to SoT I didnt like Bola Shot at all........
Reply Quote
View profile
Why are there so many DH's named Vayne?
Reply Quote
DW tank DH here using Rapid Fire for elites and Evasive Fire for mobs. Solo Act III pretty easy and I like the Rambo style when taking out elites. Just hold ground, Gloom and fire away!!! Usually never kite unless I run out of Hatred and Discipline.
Reply Quote
Also 'Faster', how do u quote with original poster name in the quote??

still think ball lightning trumps all else for DW.

Vengeance + Ball Lightning +100K DPS = speed runs

I was looking at your build and was wondering if you using it on the elites/champs or are you using Hunger Arrow for them? I keep Loaded for Bear as back up to use on them and then Ball Lightning to clear trash.

Gloom/SS + BL spam, can pretty much get all the elites down to 2/5 HP, then use SoT to finish them off. I think will work better with legacy nats cuz you can indefinitely keep gloom up and spam BL..
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 07:52 PMPosted by scud
Also 'Faster', how do u quote with original poster name in the quote

I just hit the big quote button on the bottom right of each post. Works for me, lol.

~Faster
Reply Quote

My build is built around spamming shooting stars. Shooting stars w/ ballistics passive is 200% dmg + 3 rockets @ 263% dmg each rocket.

I generate ~46 hatred every 2 seconds and my ehp is ~475k - 500k w/ gloom, so I can pretty much facetank any elite.

So you are using your fast attack speed with 8 hate per attack grenades to regen your cluster shots... interesting :) I should give it a try.

I have 2.43 attacks per sec - that comes out to close to 40 hate ever 2 sec using tinkerer grenades and grenadier passive. I also have the bat which generates 3 hate per sec, so that would be a grand total of 46 hate every 2 sec. Grenadier passive cuts down hate cost for cluster arrow to 40 per shot, so I can spam shooting stars every 2 seconds.

I basically stand there and lay down a spike traps and spam shooting stars while gloom is up and the damage is incredible (989% total dmg). 1 hit from shooting stars will refill my health globe. Single player is a cakewalk with this build, the only time I ever die is if I'm not paying attention and stand in a descrator pool too long or something stupid like that.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 9/13/2012 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What do you Calamity users out there think of it? Impressed with it more then you thought you would be? Disappointed? What do you think is the ideal Marked for Death %?
Reply Quote
View profile
What do you Calamity users out there think of it? Impressed with it more then you thought you would be? Disappointed? What do you think is the ideal Marked for Death %?

i love the calamity. i notice that when i use cinder arrows for my primary, once they are marked for death, the DoT ticks for 10k+/second. it is incredible.
Reply Quote
Well Im selling a beastly 1H DH weapon with a socket and 100% crit if anyone is interested for the DH dual wield build. I dont play my DH so i figured one of you guys would benefit off it more than i would haha send me a tell in game if your interested Drama#1278.

http://i.imgur.com/toad6.jpg
Reply Quote
Noob here as far as 2 1handed is concerned. Was inspired after reading this threat that crit damage stacks. I barely make the cut at 102 w/o ss. I am still using my same skills I did with 2hand xbow hungerin arrow and impale with runes for crit bonus. Was wonderin what skills you guys use? have 55pct cc @ 515pct. Also not too sure about my second 1 hander besides danettas, I gave up dex but for 49 max discipline with nats legacy seems to work great.
Reply Quote
dw dps cant match 2h, tested with my friend's manticore, i got 180k dps and his manticore is not even bis... they need to buff dual wield imo.
Reply Quote
IM AT 143K dps and once i upgrade to a better pair of nats boots and a better amulet i will be 155k-160k dps. and ill also have 30k hp and 300+ all resis(450 phy resist). so i disagree with ur state ment.. i could dump resis and vit and be over 200k dps with dw but i like my survival.
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 06:25 PMPosted by LegitBeastin

^ Someone answer this. I see SOOOOO many demon hunters named Vayne, lol.
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 03:30 PMPosted by TianZi

^ Someone answer this. I see SOOOOO many demon hunters named Vayne, lol.

Vayne is a League of Legends character. Thanks in part, to Google.com!
Reply Quote
Vayne is a league of legends character and her skill set is very Demon Hunter-ish.
Reply Quote
Hi guys. I recently switched to dual wield as I just got sick and tired shooting slowly and doing burst damage with cluster arrows then running away for the next few seconds. But I am finding some problems seeing that dual wield requires actually standing to dish out the damage and dh is not particularly built for taking lotsa dmg.

Would appreciAte If any of the pros could check out my profile and give me some feedback for upgrades?

Still loving the dual wield though. 2 soc manticore can kiss my !@# :)
Reply Quote
Hi guys. I recently switched to dual wield as I just got sick and tired shooting slowly and doing burst damage with cluster arrows then running away for the next few seconds. But I am finding some problems seeing that dual wield requires actually standing to dish out the damage and dh is not particularly built for taking lotsa dmg.

Would appreciAte If any of the pros could check out my profile and give me some feedback for upgrades?

Still loving the dual wield though. 2 soc manticore can kiss my !@# :)

check out my build. I stand there and dish out damage using gloom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]