Diablo® III

100k dps+ dual wielding demon hunters

@pug damn, that spite...
Reply Quote

I'm on an IAS craze right now.. currently around 2.4 APS I think. Using cluster and then refilling in ~1.5 secs for another cluster is quite nice. With Andy's helm, Inna's temperance, and an IAS amulet, I can probably get in the high 2's. Is it worth it?

I looked at your profile and I'm not seeing where you get 2.4 aps or how you can generate enough hatred to launch a cluster arrow every 1.5 sec
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 08:34 PMPosted by doughb1zzle
danetta's revenge can come with socket.

I think you misunderstood me. Revenge does not have either of them as a base stat like Spite. They both have 2 random rolls so Spite only needs to hit a socket because it already has guaranteed CD. Revenge has to hit both random rolls in order to have a socket and CD. On top of that Revenge does not have the guaranteed CD 66-100 range so you also have to hit a good range.

Its not impossible but in order for it to be something you can use it would have to hit the 2 randoms, roll good CD, and finally hit high damage.
Edited by TorpedoVegas#1103 on 9/17/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you look at a spite with socket, the other random property is % dmg. So I dont think it's even possible for a revenge to roll with socket and crit
Reply Quote

I'm on an IAS craze right now.. currently around 2.4 APS I think. Using cluster and then refilling in ~1.5 secs for another cluster is quite nice. With Andy's helm, Inna's temperance, and an IAS amulet, I can probably get in the high 2's. Is it worth it?

I looked at your profile and I'm not seeing where you get 2.4 aps or how you can generate enough hatred to launch a cluster arrow every 1.5 sec

hmm maybe I didn't equip the right gear before I went to sleep..
nat bow 11% ias
1h xbow 10% ias
both rings 14% ias
gloves 6% ias
using 2 1h x bow 15%ias
56%
1.6 natural bow speed * 1.56 = 2.496

As for the 1.5... I may have overestimated, sorry I'm at work and can't be on forums long :P
2.5 aps * 1.5 sec = 3.75
8 hatred per grenade (3 + 3(rune) +2(passive)) * 3.75 = 30 hatred per 1.5 sec so with hatred regen, it's probably closer to 1.75 secs.
But once I get ias from andariel and inna, we'll see how fast I can go :)
Edited by khoaker#1723 on 9/17/2012 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I ran some numbers on dual wield vs 1hxbow & DML...

These numbers are all based on max values:
DML can have 20% IAS
1hxb can have 11% (maybe more? I don't remember) so 11% + 11% + 15% = 37% possible vs 31% possible with 1hx & DML. Lose 6% IAS

Crit chance vs. Crit dmg
You're essentially giving up 200% crit dmg for 10% crit chance
Also, DML can roll more dex than a 1hxb (or am I wrong) so you may also get more dps there

Misc for DML
Max Discipline
Skill bonus
Guaranteed Vitality

I punched in a damage calc and if I swap out 1 of my current x-bows (145% crit dmg) with a DML (200 dex, 20ias, 10 CC) I lose roughly 9.5k DPS.
So the question is, is the loss in DPS worth the misc additions?
For me, no... but I haven't run with any of the skill bonuses on the DML to make a fair comparison.
However it'd be hard to make a case to justify the loss in 10k dps (even more if you have a 200% crit weapon).
For me, dual wield still wins!!
Reply Quote
I dont understand the concept of players using a 1hander with quiver -.-
Reply Quote
If you get more dps with DML + handbow than with 2x handbows, that tells me your handbows aren't very good. A DML + handbow with near perfect rolls - 10% crit, 20% ias, 190 dex - is something like 20k dps under my DW setup.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 9/18/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
doesnt really matter, if you use a hbow and a quiver, youre missing out on that potential 200% crit dmg. it would be like firing a pea shooter at 100 mph
Reply Quote
^ exactly loL
Reply Quote
Monsta, sorry if I wasn't clear. I lose 9.5k DPS by USING DML. I am happy with my dual wielding.
I only did the comparison because of this thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6572268538

He uses a 1h and DML and I don't know why....

Since I have your ear.... maybe you can give me some advice.
My current setup has "ok" DPS (not 100 yet but close) however with just under 200 RA and under 19k health, I fall into the glass category without the cannon perk :P
Up until now, I've been using a crappy legacy nats chest and boots to get 7% crit.
Do you think it's time to throw those away and get some decent chest/boots?
What would you recommend?

Also a side note, I'm currently at 62% ias which explains how I can have 99.99k DPS with only 991 dex lol. I still have the following slots open for IAS, amulet, xbow , boots (Asheara's boots low level item so I'm having doubts), and belt (witching hour... expensive).
I can probably almost get up to 3APS!
Reply Quote
Love<333 dual wielding sitting at 155k w/o ss legacy nats.
Reply Quote
Since I have your ear.... maybe you can give me some advice.
My current setup has "ok" DPS (not 100 yet but close) however with just under 200 RA and under 19k health, I fall into the glass category without the cannon perk :P
Up until now, I've been using a crappy legacy nats chest and boots to get 7% crit.
Do you think it's time to throw those away and get some decent chest/boots?
What would you recommend?

Actually the reason why your dps is high relative to your dex is because you have high crit. I personally would sacrifice the 7% crit for a more balanced build.

I see what you're trying to do with your build, and my opinion is that you need to get to 100k dps with no conditional buffs (ie: sharpshooter, steady aim) to make it work.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, was wondering if someone could give me some feedback on what I need to target to get to 100k unbuffed. I am close right now and I don't want to use Nats if possible. Thanks
Reply Quote
Hi fellow DW hunters, i just made the switch! Am slightly over 80k dps unbuffed now. Need some advice on what to upgrade next to increase my dps. I have 20 mil now. Thanks all for your help! Cheers!
Reply Quote
Yo anyone see that 1h that was on the AH last night? something like 1030 dps 240 dex os 90 crit dmg. For like 100m buy out I plugged it into the dps calc and when i went to buy it, it had been sold :/

I'm currently trying to replace my neck, but its hard to give up that 35 mf and drop below cap. magic find is a terrible addiction.
Reply Quote
Yo anyone see that 1h that was on the AH last night? something like 1030 dps 240 dex os 90 crit dmg. For like 100m buy out I plugged it into the dps calc and when i went to buy it, it had been sold :/

I'm currently trying to replace my neck, but its hard to give up that 35 mf and drop below cap. magic find is a terrible addiction.

Yeh i heard about that 1h as well, id happily pay 300m for it, if anyone knows the new owner.

*i got told it had + disc as well
Edited by pug#6258 on 9/18/2012 11:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

whoah whoah! I can't believe u didn't b/o immediately..

serves u right for trying to plug into a dps calculator, shameful!
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 04:30 PMPosted by moonstomp888
Hey guys, was wondering if someone could give me some feedback on what I need to target to get to 100k unbuffed. I am close right now and I don't want to use Nats if possible. Thanks

You're losing out on a lot of crit dmg using danetta's revenge.
Reply Quote
Your math is wrong for DW IAS

They don't add up 11%+11%+15%, it's just plain 11%+15%. That's the reason why your IAS changes on your character sheet as you alternate between the shots (that is if your 1H xbows are of different IAS).

A 20% DML + 11% xbow will be faster than 2x 11% 1H xbows.. but like someone mentioned, DW DPS will still hands down be better than 1H + quiver setup, unless your 1Hers are not BIS

I ran some numbers on dual wield vs 1hxbow & DML...

These numbers are all based on max values:
DML can have 20% IAS
1hxb can have 11% (maybe more? I don't remember) so 11% + 11% + 15% = 37% possible vs 31% possible with 1hx & DML. Lose 6% IAS

Crit chance vs. Crit dmg
You're essentially giving up 200% crit dmg for 10% crit chance
Also, DML can roll more dex than a 1hxb (or am I wrong) so you may also get more dps there

Misc for DML
Max Discipline
Skill bonus
Guaranteed Vitality

I punched in a damage calc and if I swap out 1 of my current x-bows (145% crit dmg) with a DML (200 dex, 20ias, 10 CC) I lose roughly 9.5k DPS.
So the question is, is the loss in DPS worth the misc additions?
For me, no... but I haven't run with any of the skill bonuses on the DML to make a fair comparison.
However it'd be hard to make a case to justify the loss in 10k dps (even more if you have a 200% crit weapon).
For me, dual wield still wins!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]