Diablo® III

Random lockup while playing.

Was playing Act 3- Heart of Sin a few minutes ago when the entire game locked up. Here's an image of what it looked like once it froze:

http://i.imgur.com/KKNEn.jpg

I had been playing for about 20 minutes, and throughout the entire time, the game had some stuttering issues (not lag induced, but almost like it was skipping a few frames every second). At the time, my FPS was pinned at 60.

I don't have much information other than that. Ask and I might be able to give a few more details.
Reply Quote
I was running ACT 4, had just finished killing the Keywarden in Spire lvl 1, ran past one of those exploding pilons towards a group my pets were attacking, when the pilon exploded my computer locked up. I had explorer running at desktop on bliz page, I use win key to check out stuff while on solo runs, and this was a solo run. Ended up having to use ctrl/alt/del to bring up task manager, (windows key would not take me to the desktop). Clicked on task manager NP, DIII listed as not responding, clicked it then clicked end task, nothing happened, ended up having to restart my comp.

Unable to duplicate.

This was the only time I have had any kind of lockup beyong the occasional mega lag you get in multiplayer when everyone and his dog cast/attack the same monster at the same time.
Reply Quote
I also have the same issue since 1.06. Usually it locks up for up to 10 second and then goes back to normal, but sometimes the only solution was to kill the D3 process. When it happens there are always quite many visual effects on screen like fast Elites with molten or plagued while my Monk is spinning a full stack of Sweeping Wind - Cyclone at the same time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]