Diablo® III

Need a new Geforce card; which one?

I've had my Geforce 8800 GTS for a long time now, I think it's time I get something better. I want a Geforce card that's more recent and better (obviously), but not too expensive (less than $500.) What Geforce card would you guys recommend?
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Try getting the GTX550Ti or GTX560, very affordable
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 05:46 PMPosted by TenFoldDamag
Try getting the GTX550Ti or GTX560, very affordable

Yep, 550Ti is pretty cheap and has a good performance, but with $500 you can buy something better.
Reply Quote
i got the gts560ti and i love it. theyre cheap now too :)
Reply Quote
i would recommend gtx 670, but depends on the rest of your hardware.
getting a good gpu doesnt help much if everythin else is bad
Reply Quote
i use a gtx 570 and works very well
Reply Quote
I run highest graphics settings on d3 nd starcraft 2 using a gtx 560
Reply Quote
i would recommend gtx 670, but depends on the rest of your hardware.
getting a good gpu doesnt help much if everythin else is bad

I have the GTX760 also runs great. Good price.
Reply Quote
My old (OLD) computer recently died. Thinking that I had a video card issue, I bought a cheap ($79.99) GT640 at Best Buy to test things out. Turns out that wasn't the problem, so I ended up replacing the whole system (which, I may have mentioned, was OLD). I found a bargain on a i5-3570 system, and just threw the GT640 into it. It plays the game on max settings and never dips below 45 fps.

That being said, you should go to http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ and do some pricing/performance comparisons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]