Diablo® III

Is AMD Radeon HD 7660D good enough?

I need a new computer and a deal at newegg particular stood out. Dunno if i can post links but instead here is the description of the computer:
HP Pavilion p7-1240 (H2L70AA#ABA) Desktop PC A10-Series APU A10-5700(3.4GHz) 10GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 7660D Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
64 bit quad core processor

The question is whether this graphic card is compatible with diablo 3, no heck, any blizzard game, and how high of a setting do you think i can play with? Throw in skyrim cuz i've been wanting to play that game as well.
Reply Quote
That graphics chip is not an optimal solution. You may be able to play, but will more than likely have poor performance. Everything else is fine. Just look into buying a pci-e graphics card to plug in and you're golden.

May I suggest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

Here is a good performance comparison for cards - you can match one with your budget: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
Edited by Grenth#1130 on 9/8/2012 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the insight. That link you gave me helps, it's better than what i could find at least. One last question and i hope you or nobody doesn't mind answering:
Where would you categorize this graphic card?
AMD Radeon HD 6450
This is what my friend is using and it's not on the list. The only thing that comes close is AMD Radeon HD 6450M and even then if that is the correct one it only has a score of 370, which is almost twice as bad as the one i mentioned in my last post.... except that my friend is playing on high settings, all HIGH and full screen and he's not experiencing any bad performances while playing D3. Here are the full specs:
DELL XPS 8300 (X8300-196NBK) Desktop PC Intel Core i5 2300(2.80GHz) 6GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Thanks again for helping.
Edited by aznxknight#2539 on 9/8/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not sure how he's playing all high details with that graphics card unless he has his resolution really low. You can always try the 6450 and if it doesn't work out, send it back for something stronger. My opinion is to stick with the 6850.
Edited by Grenth#1130 on 9/9/2012 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys don't know a thing about AMD APU Processing do you? I have an A6-3400 overclocked to almost 3.0Ghz and I can play any game nearly maxed.
-Painkiller: Hell and Damnation - Max Settings
-Starcraft 2 - Mix of some medium, but mostly high settings, and get 40+ FPS
-Just Cause 2 - Easily Maxed out

Basicaly there isn't a game out there I could find that would not run on my A6 without a bit of tweaking, even Skyrim runs maxed out, with graphics modded. So, if my crappy A6 can do all this, Why wouldn't an A10, probably 5-10 times more powerful, be able to run anything too?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
... In this case I don't think they're talking about the power of the CPU and what it can do but rather the GPU that is on the chip, which is the thing pushing the video gaming experience, you can overclock that CPU as much or as little and it most likely will not have any effect.
Reply Quote
OH MY GOD! You guys really don't understand how good APU's are LOL. Yes, the GPU is on the same die as the CPU, but it's no slouch. In fact, A10 chips are able to play most modern games on med-max settings easily. Just do a little research and you'll understand. It's good enough to play Battlefield 3 on high... 'nough said.

If you don't own an APU computer, don't talk. Seriously, you guys are just assuming without doing any type of research.
Reply Quote
One of my lower end systems I popped the 5670 card playing D3, the graphic and performance turns out pretty decent and smooth already. It's no where near poor performance in my opinion... (I only paid $59) for this card... what a steal deal =P

Just visit the link and noticed that 7660D even has better benchmark score...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
To the guys at actually use the APU systems, thank you!!! It make my decision a lot easier and I've seen that the a10 runs anything I could test on it with the exception of crysis 3.
Edited by Praxis0#1162 on 7/26/2013 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im planning to upgrade my very old system to an A10 APU, with 8-GB dual channel RAM. Can you post your average FPS with all settings maxed and how much ram you have and ram speed? Much appreciate....
Reply Quote
Dude i have the same graphics card and i can't ask for any better, i run all my games on high and no lags what so ever (except for badly coded games but that's inevitable 64bit is great and the CPU well quad is not bad but it really depends on the model, specially if its Intel or AMD, gaming, i suggest AMD. but i had even less then all of you said and it could run Diablo 3, so don't worry about the graphic card, most games can run with basic graphics card, the only to worry about is the RAM it needs and the space that's all i look for.
Reply Quote
My Computer is almost EXACTLY the same. Details:

Processor: AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~3.40 GHz (4.20 GHz with AMD Turbo Boost Technology)
Installed Memory(RAM): 8.00 GB (7.43 GB Usable)
System Type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7660D ~1300 MHz(OverClocked), 700 MHz on Standby

I currently use this computer for all my games. And let me tell you, they all run real great! I have Starcraft II and I get a full 60 FPS on Medium Settings (Some Settings turned off for better performance), and when I am in a big game 30 FPS, but the game will die if you are in Matchmaking and a big group of your enemy team comes in I average about 5 FPS when this happens. So Starcraft II will run perfectly fine, as far as Diablo goes, I have no Idea. Most of the Modern Day games I play(Ex: World of Tanks, Star Trek Online, War Thunder, Minecraft(Occasionally, just used as Reference as any computer can run this game on Max Settings with 100 FPS), Planetside 2) are all ran on Medium settings(With Planetside 2 ran on Low, as this game will kill your CPU)and get real good FPS. So yeah, other games run perfectly fine.
Edited by Crumb on 4/13/2014 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]