Diablo® III

Paragon Level Activated And Slow API Calls

17 Human Mage
Thanks Blizzard! I noticed that the Paragon Levels are now being populated in the API calls.

Been working on a DPS Calculator site. Old to the whole concepts of APIs, new to implementing them.

Have a test site going at http://diablo.vaas.me

So far, able to pull in profiles and create users based on the the profile. However, when a new profile is added, there is a significant amount of time that is taken to load the profile. Granted, when a new profile is created and/or updated, it will refresh the profile, heroes and items on the heroes. Assuming that the profile has 5 heroes, how much time should it take to pull 1 profile, 5 heroes and 13 items per hero?
Reply Quote
I don't know what your definition of slow is, but it takes me <15 seconds at the worst to crawl a full career (5 heroes, 13 per), usually <10. I consider that good speed.

I tried your sample out and it was definitely slower than my server takes to process my own profile, but without seeing your code the bottleneck could be anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]