Diablo® III

Immortal King's Boulder Breaker

View profile
Is anyone using this? Having only 1 random affox really limits its potential. It can't roll with crit damage and a socket at the same time like Skorn, for starters.

If you use it to create a complete IK set, what builds would become viable? What can you do with the complete set that you can't with rares?
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 9/9/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
you should know that you can "complete the set" using only 5 of 6 items, the big bonuses are at 5 items, there's none for using the 6th so you could do IK set +Skorn if you were so inclined
Reply Quote
View profile
I meant, what if you had all 6, or if one of the 5 was the Boulder Breaker.
Reply Quote
View profile
There's got to be a good reason to use the Boulder Breaker, right? There must be some sort of build that is more suitable for it than other 2-handers. Or did they simply not buff it enough?
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 9/9/2012 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
IK breaker has better base damage and a faster weapon than Skorn at a cheaper price. It also gives you a nice boost if you are a fury spammer with weapons master/unforgiving if you have 5/6(i am currently using sprint, sesmic slam and rend). This build allows to clear acts very quickly, because of speed and aoe. I got my IK breaker for 27mil while I sold my Skorn for 98m with 1253 dps and 4.4% life steal, see the difference? ALso, I think the animation of IK breaker looks much cooler than Skorn:)
Edited by Zero#1661 on 9/10/2012 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i am using one for fun when i play lower acts :DDD lolol. until i can get one that is a3 viable
but like Zero said, it can be definitely viable in different cases. and yes, the animation is much coolor haha
Reply Quote
Edit:

@TheNoseKnows, not my intention to advertise, but seems like that's what I did. Sorry guys.
Edited by ninety#6150 on 9/11/2012 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Now that I think about it, the Boulder Breaker is probably the best 2-handed mighty weapon available to you. Good rares are, well, extremely rare, so you have a better chance with the Boulder Breaker of getting the stats you need, IF you want a mighty weapon.

Can I interest you guys in an IK UNID I'm selling?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6521343668

Thanks!

What. Reported for spam.
Reply Quote
It's an awesome weapon. I run the standard cookie cutter WW build with IK and have full clears of A3 in under 40 minutes. You can check out my gear set.

Looks amazing too.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 9/11/2012 3:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's an awesome weapon. I run the standard cookie cutter WW build with IK and have full clears of A3 in under 40 minutes. You can check out my gear set.

Looks amazing too.

Epic Life on Hit you have.

So is your DPS 46K? would have though with all that immortal king gear it'd be like 100K, nah? not criticising or anything - just trying to understand the builds....
Reply Quote
Sorry for the spam post guys. Edited it out.
Reply Quote
The low DPS is entirely intentional.

Main reason is WoTB. Stacking crit damage (easiest way to boost DPS) would literally mean dead trash in 2 WW which does not enable me to refresh WoTB. As I am using a 2H, crits would hit harder and slower, both of which is bad for fury resource generation.

Due to this, I have zero crit damage.

I believe Alkazier (sp?) had only 60k+ DPS. Reason is simple, maintaining WoTB (ironically you farm slower with 100k+ dps vs 50k+ dps). Kill trash slower and elites faster (SoJ) is the mantra for efficient A3 solo farming.
Reply Quote
old post but

BLIZZ make it good for 2.1 add some special legend toward the ancient!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
IK / CoTA interaction can only be good direction for improvement IMO.
Reply Quote
dat 2 year old thread necro
Reply Quote
View profile
HHAAAAHAHAHA so funny looking at this now.

I use an ik BB on my HC barb today. I started using it b/c my first leapquaker died to a bunch of maniacs on t5 and I wanted perma-cota, and it took forever to get that 4th ik piece to let me drop the BB. By the time I got an ik belt, I already had full leapquake/ik set + well-rolled chilanik's/harrington's/pride/hexing pants/skull. After extensive testing, I sometimes use Devastator/sunkeeper combo but I have never been able to roll off the dmg on the oh. Without that, the ik BB setup is usually more efficient for me. Unfortunately, on Grift 27+ it's really tough to keep the ancients alive so I'll probably have to go back to 2 x 1h in 2.1...kind of ironic I know.
Reply Quote
Lol @ this necro. I do wish this weapon could get some love since it looks pretty sweet imo. It's one of the few "endgame" set weapons in the game and it has no unique affixes or procs. It is literally identical to the Inna's 2 hander. The lack of creativity is stunningly bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]