Diablo® III

Hypocritical templar "lore"

So in casual conversation my Templar follower informs me that criminals are simply executed in his land. Yet, upon striking up a conversation with him in town he lets on that Templars are groomed by the order from - wait for it - former criminals. So....either A) my Templar is lying about something B) more contradictory lore once again snuck past Blizzard's editors (see: WoW. Like ALL of WoW) or C) he has been both executed AND raised by the order to be a templar and is therefore a zombie. A walking, talking Zombadin. He will bite me and then heal the wound. And smite himself.

As a side note: Cain said that "Leoric went mad after he lost both of his sons". Yet the storyline tells of how his eldest son Aidan slew Leoric after he became the skeleton king. Sooooo Aidan is another zombie?
Reply Quote
The whole POINT of the templar order is redemption. Of course becoming a templar means losing all ties to your past (YAY BRAINWASHING) so technically it IS a form of execution.
Reply Quote
There's nothing wrong with the lore...
He was not a criminal the order brainwashed him into believing he was.
http://soe.hubpages.com/hub/Kormac-the-Templar-Lore-and-Character-Dialogue-Guide-Diablo-3

The order is corrupt. End of story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]