Diablo® III

EremiteAngel's Legendary drop log - post 1.04

You got two Manticore within 2 weeks? Damn... how many hours you play?

I just got
- 2 anderials visage (worthless helm)
- 1 inquisitor (no sockets)
- 1 traveller's pledge (no base stats)
- 1 tal rasha's relentless pursuit (12 AR, why is this even allowed)

5 63s in about 3 hours, but unfortunately with a combined value of less than 10M.

His 1 skorn beats my entire farm for the past 2 weeks.

I bought my friend D3 and his DH finally hit 60. We just start farming together and on Wednesday he got a legendary shield (Wall) and last night he got a legendary ring (not a good one). He got two legendary in two nights even though I have more than 150% Magic Find than he has and I've killed more Elites.

Look at my elites. Over 6600 killed and only ONE i63 dropped for me. I have found ONE set item in the past 3.8 months and that set item is the ONLY item 63 I've found. Random? Random my a$$. My account is freaking CURSED.

The funny thing is I listened to you and get a bit more +magic find on my ammy to push myself over 200% and I am WORSE this week than a week before. A week before I sold one rare Wizard orbs for 3mils.

After I upgraded myself over 200%, I've got nothing good to sell. This week has been a total s!hit.

I hate how RANDOM it is. I must be poorest and most unluckiest WD. I don't even think MF matters to me because I can have 300% and I still get nothing good. Random means sometimes I get something good and sometimes I don't. The truth is I haven't got anything that is worth more than 3mils to sell. I am always on the bad drop side. That's NOT random. That's by design.

Sorry, I just get annoyed when I see others getting good items and I keep getting nothing good. Your 10 million of items found is worth more than 3 months of my playing time. I only broke 10mil mark two weeks ago... T_T
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 9/28/2012 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
09/28/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Jibikao
Sorry, I just get annoyed when I see others getting good items and I keep getting nothing good. Your 10 million of items found is worth more than 3 months of my playing time. I only broke 10mil mark two weeks ago... T_T

Getting trash is the rule. Good drops are the exception. I generate 4-8 legendaries in a typical day. Most of them are junk.

There are only two things that you can do to improve your drop odds: kill stuff faster, and play more. Other than that, you are at the mercy of the RNG. The only good news I can provide is that if you kill enough critters it becomes overwhelmingly likely that something good will drop.
Reply Quote

Getting trash is the rule. Good drops are the exception. I generate 4-8 legendaries in a typical day. Most of them are junk.

There are only two things that you can do to improve your drop odds: kill stuff faster, and play more. Other than that, you are at the mercy of the RNG. The only good news I can provide is that if you kill enough critters it becomes overwhelmingly likely that something good will drop.

I've checked out a lot of WD profiles here and most of them kill less elites than me. I've been farming act 3 for a while now and I am up to 6600 kills. Almost every profile I've seen has better items than I do.

It is discouraging that's all. I think random doesn't happen to me. It's not random if I am always at the "bad" end of things.

And my friend getting two legendary in two nights just pisses me off. Yes, they are not great legendary but that's still a lot more luck than I have.

I see so many people spam Trade chats and I am always like "where the hell they got those items from"?

I've been playing this game since June and my only i63 item is a week ago... yeah, that's how random it is for me. My other lvl 60 characters have not got ANY legendary or green item through out their career. Random? Or Cursed?
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 9/28/2012 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks for the congratz Hashassasin.

@Jibikao
Generally what I understand is that when you have played 400-600 hours farming, generally you will have earned enough money from drops to gear up very decently.
So far all the players whom I played with and have clocked average of 500 hours of game time are all very very well geared.
Those who have played much less...perhaps they are lucky...perhaps they spend real money...but keep farming and you will be very well geared too.
Edited by EremiteAngel#6608 on 9/28/2012 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I love your log, been following since the beginning. I wish I could commit to taking pictures of all the drops but I'll just make a ghetto version with what I've collected

Grats on that Skorn. Beautiful.
Reply Quote
nooooo !@#$ -- the skorn is rockin!!
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks afrayedknot =)
Reply Quote
View profile
@DethAxe

Yes the skorn's kind of my first big drop haha. after 500hours of playing...whew...
Reply Quote
View profile
Updated 29 September 2012

*Note* I think the maximus I just found is worth around 8M...but 10M wont be that bad a deal either...so if anyone wants it for 10M...let me know =D

*sold 10m* =D
Edited by EremiteAngel#6608 on 9/29/2012 4:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Updated to reflect the amount I sold the skorn for...O.O
Reply Quote
View profile
Updated 1st October 2012.

Got my first legendary plan! Griswold...not sure why its valued at 13M...but it seems...special...something of a keepsake...
Reply Quote
Holy cow, I hate this thread so much now. LOL

450mil Skorn sold? WTF?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the congratz Hashassasin.

@Jibikao
Generally what I understand is that when you have played 400-600 hours farming, generally you will have earned enough money from drops to gear up very decently.
So far all the players whom I played with and have clocked average of 500 hours of game time are all very very well geared.
Those who have played much less...perhaps they are lucky...perhaps they spend real money...but keep farming and you will be very well geared too.

I think I am close to giving up. By the way, the legendary you listed, are those all the ones you got? You didn't get any low level ones? I got TWO of that sh!tty Wormwood staff. Once in act 1 and once in act 3 two days ago... ugh.
Reply Quote
View profile
yes...the skorn actually went for 450M lol...after taxes I got roughly 380M from it...80M more than what I valued it for!

yup...the whole list there are all the legendaries...lowest item I got was probably the clucking bow or the swamp pants...50+ level...
Reply Quote
yes...the skorn actually went for 450M lol...after taxes I got roughly 380M from it...80M more than what I valued it for!

yup...the whole list there are all the legendaries...lowest item I got was probably the clucking bow or the swamp pants...50+ level...

Wow.. I am at 7000 elite kill already and paragon 28. Still only ONE i63 legendary (blackthorn boots which I sold at 1.7mil. It sucks so hard) drop.

I am at 210% MF with 5 stacks. I can't afford 300% and kill fast. Are you at 300% MF?
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 10/1/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just realized that you are farming with Cloud of Bats? That is one very odd combo.. how is it working for you?

Hell, it must be good 'cause look at all the things you've found. T_T
Reply Quote
View profile
cloud of bats = very good for melee, very bad for range.

I can still clear Act 3 decently fast though with minimal deaths...but requires some concentration...since I'm almost always in melee range and taking damage...

I have almost zero mf on my items i think...only on my chest armor...I never really believed in stacking MF...doesn't seem to work for me or my friend...so I just run around with whatever MF my paragon level gives me...

And I still find legendaries =D I don't deny that finding legendaries...any legendaries...especially valuable ones...give you the motivation to continue and play...but I guess it is most important to have fun...

Just something that seems to be occuring to me...I seem to find more valuable legendaries when I play in public games...I find it more fun anyway in public games...all the skills being thrown out left and right...

Also it seems almost to me like the game rewards players who take time to clear out the map instead of dashing from one elite to another and straight to bosses...which might be why I get more legendaries from public games that spend time killing most mobs...
Reply Quote

I can still clear Act 3 decently fast though with minimal deaths...but requires some concentration...since I'm almost always in melee range and taking damage...

I have almost zero mf on my items i think...only on my chest armor...I never really believed in stacking MF...doesn't seem to work for me or my friend...so I just run around with whatever MF my paragon level gives me...

And I still find legendaries =D I don't deny that finding legendaries...any legendaries...especially valuable ones...give you the motivation to continue and play...but I guess it is most important to have fun...

Just something that seems to be occuring to me...I seem to find more valuable legendaries when I play in public games...I find it more fun anyway in public games...all the skills being thrown out left and right...

Also it seems almost to me like the game rewards players who take time to clear out the map instead of dashing from one elite to another and straight to bosses...which might be why I get more legendaries from public games that spend time killing most mobs...

You brought up a good point. Many have told me there is no benefit to team except sometimes you get lucky that the team is streamrolling and most of the time having a full team slows your farming down.

However, I do feel I get more drops on a team. I can't explain it. I know I teleport back to the town to sell more and my friend (who just joined D3 last week) swears that he gets WAY MORE rares when he teams with me (but that could be because he is new to DH and he dies a lot in act 3 which translates into slower drops). I used to team all the time because I am not playing an online game "by myself". Needlessly to say, my drop on a public team or solo makes no difference. I just know i sell more on a large team.

So you always start from the beginning of act 3 and clear until the end? I've doing quest 6 (Siege), going into the 3 Keeps and then teleport to Bridge and then from there, I just keep killing until I need to go to work at 10:30am. At night, I can clear up to the end of the act boss and go to bed. When I do the maps, I don't skip things. I kill everything I see but sometimes I don't go through every single spot in Keep levels to reduce running time. I even do a lot of side quests until I just found out yesterday that they don't give Exp!!!

Great news!! Over 7100 elites killed and still ONE i63 legendary drop. :P That's the kind of luck I have and my drop seems to be worse after I increased my MF by 20%. hell..

You know, "random" is only true if I get great stuff sometimes. If I am always at the bad end, it's not random. It's FIXED. Last night, act 3 boss dropped amazing 4 Rares!! Of the 4, 3 of them are under i60... T_T

This game is not giving me much incentive to keep farming. There is zero taste of "success" in my past 4 months.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 10/2/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Getting bored, think i'll test this. Nvm massive fail.

I'm getting 1 legendary a day pretty consistently, found IK belt on Sunday, Strongarm Bracers yesterday. String of Ears today. Oh and my playing time has cut quite a bit, doing about 25%-50% of each paragon level per day which equates to just 3-5 keep depths runs.

I hate you too. :P

Oh and I've tried Cloud of Bats for an hour. I do not like that rune. I don't understand the design philosophy behind it. Most runes I get it but I don't get CoB. Even with the increased damage, at that range, a Zombie Bear can still do more damage. CoB is terrible against elite Shaman/Mage/Spearman that hit and run so much and if they cast plague/arcane/ice/...blah blah.. you have to kite and it's hard to get more damage out of CoB.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 10/2/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]