Diablo® III

Guild Wars 2 is getting great reviews!

So ive been seeing some great reviews by gamers, not by magazines and bs like IGN and stuff. I mean people that do play games for longer than 30 minuts ;P.

It's the first time in a very long time a game that had this hype actually made it, i mean look at forums all over the place, the only thing i see as the bad thing about the game is "It's too hard". And that is about it.

I knew this game would be good, but even tho i had alot of hype for it, it turned out to be better than i thought. Have been playing around 5-7 hours E/D. Yeah i know, that's alot.

But when a great game comes along i can't help myself :) Finally i game i don't regret buying! nd from the looks of it:
https://twitter.com/mkerstein/status/240467061535567872
It is going well for Arenanet, i bet they are proud of this product, and they should be!

How do you feel about it?
Reply Quote
I'm in love with GW2. I've been playing almost non-stop since the Saturday before the actual release. something like 70 hours or something disgusting like that.
I love the fact that I'm not paying $15/mo to play it. It's nice because I don't feel obligated to play the game... I can enjoy other games, too!

Fun Fact #1 - I have Borderlands 2 preordered and paid off. I like GW2 so much, that I could care less about BL2! BL2 is going to have to wait, or be VERY, VERY good if it's going to get any of my attention at all.
Reply Quote
It's awesome, really like what they have done.
Reply Quote
Leveled my Thief to 80, really enjoying the game, there are some small complaints I have, but overall it's a quality game, you can really tell just by running around in the world that they put a lot of effort into it.
Reply Quote
I think the best part is that is a whole new world to explore and enjoy.. is not just "new zones"..
I'm sure they will add a lot of new content soon. Dungeons are hard as hell but that is a good thing.
Like others said, there is some balance issues that need to be resolved soon. But ANET listen, they daily put patch notes with stuff that people are asking for it :-)
Reply Quote
I think the best part is that is a whole new world to explore and enjoy.. is not just "new zones"..
I'm sure they will add a lot of new content soon. Dungeons are hard as hell but that is a good thing.
Like others said, there is some balance issues that need to be resolved soon. But ANET listen, they daily put patch notes with stuff that people are asking for it :-)

Yes, but i find myself playing it way too much, i really need to take break this is not healthy at all. Lol, but it's fun so why not!

Have anyone seen how much time you played on your characters? Can't remember the what to type, /day /year or something?
Reply Quote
I'm, way too addicted to that game. I just hit level 40 last night and I can't stop myself from playing LOL.

However, tonight I'm taking a TL2 break. Gonna be jumping back and forth between TL2 and GW2 for a couple weeks. Just for some diversity.
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 10:10 AMPosted by DynomiteDave
Its just not a great game.

It is actually, to me.

And when it comes down to choosing what mediocre game to play, they usually choose the old one.

Sad gaming cycle you have there for yourself.

Sales and reviews mean diddly squat.

Reviews are important, especially when the combination of critic and user scrores are somewhat similar. Warhammer On-Line wasn't a bad game, not sure if you actually played it, obviously it had some issues, and didn't stand the test of time, we'll have to wait and see if Gw2 can keep us entertained 6 months down the line.

Dave, it's your opinion, of course your entitled to that, it just annoys me and somewhat entertains me that you seem to pass your opinion off as if it's the last word. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game, have fun with Diablo 3, or whatever other mediocre game you chose to play.
Edited by TwoSwordsII#1323 on 9/20/2012 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The thing about GW2 is that it starts a bit boring / weak but the more you play the better it gets. Usually its the other way, starting zones are polished to hell and then it gets worse and worse.

In GW2 you think in early lvls, its the old same and just a few skills to click. But then you get your 4 extra skills + elite skill + weapon switch and "talent" points, then you realize you can make combos with spells and so on. Then it really starts to get interesting and if you try to complete the whole map with jumping puzzles and vistas then you really have alot to do.

World is really HUUUGE and awesome designed IMO, graphics and animations are also top notch. Its not too cartoony, its more stylized, more of a fantasy style and not cartoonish.

To be honest, PvP could be a bit better but PvE so far is a blast. Lets see after a few big updates and 1 addon :).
Edited by CRUShER#2493 on 9/20/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 11:50 AMPosted by DynomiteDave
You and the others like to jump to conclusions immediately in every post, and also state those as facts.

Other then my "reviews are important" statement, what did I state as fact?

You guys cant fathom someone playing the same games and not finding them very good.

Actually I can, it's a matter of personal preference.

Im personally never gonna take the time to say "IMO" in every post.

Well, that's your choice of course.

It cracks me up that you, or the others, somehow "own" me by posting that tid-bit in every reply, but never actually say anything of note in your reply.

I didn't see anyone say they "owned" you in this thread.

You stated, "reviews are important" as a fact.

Do you seriously believe that reviews aren't important and play no factor in a consumer's choice when purchasing a product?

I don't need to prove anything, you made a baseless claim first without any so called "proof":

Sales and reviews mean diddly squat.

War got great reviews, bad game.

Subjective, I liked the game.

I can pick and choose tons of games with amazing reviews that are flops or dead to prove my side, too

I'm sure a million other people could do the same, I didn't like Finaly Fantasy VII and most of them afterwards, does that mean it was a terrible game? No.

Now thats hilarious.

Yes you are sir.

Oh, and no, the sad gaming cycle is the fact they keep releasing mediocre games.

Subjective.

People want so badly for a new MMO to be great, they will be delusional.

I'm not the one going around telling people that if they like a game, they are "delusional", that would be you.
Edited by TwoSwordsII#1323 on 9/20/2012 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Archangel
I'll be more interested in seeing opinions 3-6 months after release...after all "ohh new shiny" has worn off.

Indeed, only 1 pure level 80 zone is concerning, hopefully more content will be added, there are spaces for it on the map that have not been utilized.
Reply Quote
I was going to pass on GW2, thinking it would just be more of the same. I was wrong. Though the game has theme (fantasy) elements you see in most fantasy games, the gaming systems, are refreshing.

This game is not like WAR. There are not alot of similarities, beyond the standard fare in all MMOs. The PVE is far superior in GW2. I also find the PVP has alot more variety than WAR. GW2 also has an incredible amount more of visual and practical detail than WAR.

There are a number of things GW2 does different including deleveling which actually extends the life of all the game content. GW2 has great exploration including jumping puzzles and many places hidden that have a purpose.

Regardless of hype, GW2 is a good game. It is certainly one of the higher quality MMOs to come out in years.

If you are looking for a new refreshing MMO to play, GW2 might be the one for you. Only you can decide.
Reply Quote
I'm still loving it, the variety in zones etc. Some classes feel a little... unfinished compared to others, but that may be my personal taste and/or latency. I'm not sure how enjoyable leveling alts will be after you're put all the effort to get 100% map completion in on your main. We'll see.

I reckon they've got an extremely strong base for updated/added content. I think they NEED to pump out more FAST if they're going to keep their playerbase at the high levels it's at now. They need more dungeons, more 80 zones (inb4 downscaling, not the same thing) more pvp map variety, more pvp gametypes, maybe larger group sizes. Just my opinion.
Reply Quote
I figured you would weasel and rationalize off what I said. You didnt disappoint.
Lol saying you can make baseless claims because I started it? Really? Hahahaha.

And honestly, I really dont care that you forgot to say IMO. I really dont. I dont spend all my time basing my arguements off showing whether a guy made a fact or a opinion claim. Theres a better way of proving a guy wrong.

Who gives a damn this is a internet forum. But, Im not gonna sit idly by while you do the same exact thing and just let it slide without mentioning it.

Ive noticed thats how you or the other 2 geniuses base your arguments. You say baseless claim, and, well thats it. Thats all you guys say, lol. There is never anything else besides GW2 is gud! You didnt play it! Baseless claim!

Im actually the one laughing.

Other then my "reviews are important" statement, what did I state as fact?

Oh, the fact you even stated that after blabbering off at the mouth about me stating things as fact(hilarious) cracks me up. So, I say, "reviews mean nothing" and post 2 sources, while you say, "reviews are important", is just ironic.

Eh, you sound angry, all good, you don't agree, it's cool, but still to call my claim that reviews are important baseless, based on what? One game with a 79 user score and 84 Metacritic, what exactly does that prove? Nothing really, again, do you really believe that customer and critic reviews of a product mean "diddly squat"?

Of course you skip over some of my other comments that you cannot defend so easily, understandable, you're the one making radical claims about people being delusional that don't agree with you, which sounds much like a certain Blizzard employee, next you'll be telling the 2 posters above me they don't really like GW2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]