Diablo® III

Enchantress + Maximus

Hey all. I just wanted to share my experience with this combination for those of you who were considering giving it a try. I'm at a point where any major equipment upgrade is going to cost over 20 million at least and I had 13 mill burning a hole in my pocket. I'm a monk and run with the enchantress for the armor and attack speed and I've been wanted to try this combo since 1.04 came out.

I bought a Maximus with over 300 INT and 11% IAS. I went with the IAS over other mods as I wanted to increase the chance of the demon proc occurring. I also bought a cheap ring with INT and IAS as well. My enchantress went from 4k DPS to 8.2k and attacks at a rate of 1.4 per second. I could easilly get this up to 1.5 and over 9k dps with an INT/IAS amulet.

I would say the demon procs at a rate of about 20-25% of attacks that hit and is guaranteed to enter the frey in any battle that lasts 5 seconds or more. I've read that he hits for about 35k and that seems about right, but where he really shines is as a distraction against those nasty molten/fire chain elites that give me trouble. He's basically a free pet that doesn't require a skill slot, which in my opinion is better than any other weapon combo you can get with the enchantress. I was previously running her with The Tormentor and barely noticed any survivability improvement.

Generally the demon is distracting at least one elite, while I can DPS the other down. I do Act 3 runs and was averaging probably 3 or 4 deaths per run. Since I got Maximus I've done two runs and only died once.

So for those who were thinking about this I recommend it if you are willing to invest some gold into your follower, it adds some DPS, a lot of survivability and looks awesome.
Reply Quote
How much did you pay for the maximus?
Reply Quote
11 mill, but you could get one a lot cheaper without the IAS or the INT. I just don't have the patience to play the AH.
Reply Quote
they are a bit pricey for me, can you comment on his survivability? Does he get owned in the face right away or last for duration?
Reply Quote
Arcane incinerates him instantly. Anything else he does fine with and may be immune to molten and fire chains. I kind of get that impression but I'm too engaged in combat to watch enough to say for sure. Normally, he will survive through a full fight and lasts about 15-20 seconds.
Reply Quote
I also run this combo. She's a f'ing wrecking ball with this sword and how I have her geared up.
Reply Quote
Is the demon better than the angel thingy that comes from skycutter ? or skysplitter?
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Pendragon
Is the demon better than the angel thingy that comes from skycutter ? or skysplitter?

Yes. The demon hits for a ton plus if you position well, the fire-chains does good damage. You don't need increased attack-speed as it procs pretty much every fight.

The world first level 100 Paragon used Sorc-Maximus all the way till lvl 100 so that should say a lot.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 9/19/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just got the Maximus for my enchantress, mainly for the int. Didn't know about the demon, but there this glowing red creature is, bigger than any character and doing an incredible amount of damage. I and the enchantress can just stand there and the demon takes care of groups.
Reply Quote
Out of curiousity I bought a maximus for my enchantress. I can't say I'm overwhelmed with his damage but the two of them can solo some trash mobs so I'm satisfied with that for now.

For anyone considering this, I think his damage output is preset, and not depedent on your dps or hers. Stacking her with IAS will increase how often he is proc'd but will NOT increase how quickly he swings his weapon.
Reply Quote
Easily best enchantress weapon with possible exception of a high INT Skorn.

With mine she has 27k DPS and can solo anything in act1 (killed Butcher/inferno in under 20 seconds with me just running doing nothing)

Maximus is great Vs elites and white trash, for bosses i prefer to switch her into my Skorn as the bleed stacks with her DoT erosion ticks :)
Reply Quote
I tried this and was impressed. It was better than the Skycutter sword/Angel summon since the demon does about 30k~ damage.
Reply Quote
The demon does a decent job tanking stuff on monster power 10 on the PTR. Can basically kite back and mobs will automatically aggro to the demon so I can shoot stuff. The most important thing is that the demon seem to actually hold aggro (unlike kormac), and has no HP so it can't die. It also takes stuff like Azmodan's fireballs and elite's affixes like desecrate, so you end up with less stuff to dodge. Didn't have much time on the PTR today, but heres a short video of my enchantress with maximus killing some stuff on MP10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVPogu_EHRg
Reply Quote
I got my maximus for 4 mil... its good. This weapon makes the Enchantress my favorite.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot for this thread.

I bought a Maximus and changed all my amulet and rings to maximise the benefit of this combo. It works very very well. With 9% IAS on each of the amulet and rings, the cast speed is fast and the slave pretty much get re-summoned constantly during combat. Since my Maximus has 1800+ LOH and the slave is a constant tank for my enchantress, she never dies. This helps a lot in my current 1.04 farming as i only have 55k dps unbuffed, my enchatnress' 11k dps supplements mine well (not including slave damage and the monster and fire damage addition from Maximus).

More importantly, after I tried 1.0.5, I don't look back. From MP7 upwards, monsters have huge hp and do big damage. The tanking benefit of the slave makes life so much easier. The slave does not have a health pool and simply lasts 15 seconds irrespective of damage. This in conjuction with the constant re-summon of it due to the long survivability of my enchantress and quick casting, I have an undestructable tank constantly along my side. I heard that Skorn agruably might give somewhat better dps to the enchantress, but that is no comparision to the benefit of the slave.

I spent 10M to get my Maximus (1190 dps 1833 LOH 511 int), but it is definitely one of the best investments I made. So go get a Maximus before it gets too expensive. :)
Edited by Alfred2000#6858 on 9/30/2012 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got mine in a drop and nearly dismissed it, as it's a 2 handed weapon. BOY am I glad I didn't... I put this thing on my Enchantress and couldn't be happier. Agree with all the others having success on this thread, but I wanted to add another strategy I use. Instead of loading up my enchantress with IAS, I loaded up her rings and amulet with gold and magic find gear, between 84% magic and 75% gold combined getting me a little 20% of that boost to my loot finding when i'm farming on mp1. As I don't need her for her DPS there, it's just nice to have a distraction for when Im fighting elites.
Edited by Forresthp#1449 on 1/27/2013 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
just found this today, with 506 int and 1250 dps, GOOD GOD. This demonic slave is my new best friend, he tanks elites like a boss!
Reply Quote
I just upgraded my Maximus. Found one with over 400 int, dex, +275 Loh, +12 demons....nice sword. My old one wasn't bad. I also changed out her rings and focus and up'd her dps by 4k to something like 12.5k. And she has like 35k hp. But I don't really care if she lives. Just dps hard as fast as she can. She'll respawn pretty quick if she dies. Though that's not usually an issue since the enchantress sits back. Not like Big Red. Only time he pisses me off is when I attack some mobs near a goblin and he takes off after it even though I'm not attacking it and the goblin is minding his own business (of course). I can't think of another weapon I'd want to put on her though...Maximus rocks!
Edited by BigE#1536 on 2/2/2013 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Can the demon hold aggro of a boss, let's say Siegbreaker while I take care of Khule in MP10 ubers?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]