Diablo® III

Expansion: Leah stay dead!

I finally got around to watching all the collector's edition content and based on that I've got the distinct impression that ya'll are thinking about bringing Leah back in an expansion. Please don't! One of the things I always loved about this universe is the mature and morose theme. Good people die in the real world and without cause. Not everyone can be saved and justice isn't always served. Maybe you can do something where we rescue her soul from hellish torment; but, I'd rather have her sequel surrounded by a theme of vengeance. We cant get her back but we can sure as hell make the one responsible pay. I'm thinking stories along the great tradition of gritty, dark revenge such as: Death Wish, Kill Bill, Edge of Darkness, Man on Fire, etc. Our heroes, undoubtedly changed by their exposure to the evils, return to hunt down the witch Adria... a one way road....to hell.
Reply Quote
It's too bad that that's exactly what's going to happen.

Since the Worldstone was destroyed, the floodgates were opened for pulp to enter Sanctuary.

It's not a dark world anymore, it's a pulpy world. Any attempts to figure out what's going on result in more questions than answers.

I don't know what Blizzard's problem is, but in their recent games, instead of letting named characters die, so that we might feel like there's some kind of continuous story, they just bring them back. When I sat down and thought about it, there are actually quite a few characters killed and brought back across the Blizzard games.
Reply Quote
09/10/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Kell
Man on Fire

SPOILER:

he gets the girl back in the end

excellent move
Reply Quote
I doubt she will live again. I'm sure that her character will be revisited in spirit form and a plot point will be to free it from the clutches of Hell, but resurrection is a daunting task. I doubt that any self respecting Priest of Rathma would attempt such a feat on the being that brought forth the Prime Evil.
Edited by Chris#1235 on 9/12/2012 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 08:01 AMPosted by LittleDisco
I don't know what Blizzard's problem is, but in their recent games, instead of letting named characters die, so that we might feel like there's some kind of continuous story, they just bring them back. When I sat down and thought about it, there are actually quite a few characters killed and brought back across the Blizzard games.

There are also plenty of named characters who have stayed dead.

Besides, the Diablo franchise is designed around the fact that the dead can be brought back to life.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 9/12/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I remember reading a thread that said they could bring cain back to life by making it out to be a trick that belial played on the hero, it was all an illusion or something like that, to make the hero go get the black soulstone to free diablo.

That would be a cool expansion.
Reply Quote
What was left of her body was destroyed, so it wouldn't fit if she was somehow resurrected. Rescuing her soul and hunting Adria would be great though. If I'm not mistaken, Blizzard plans on having several expansions.
Reply Quote
Just don't turn her into a Queen of Blades knockoff and I'm fine with whatever.
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Mox
Man on Fire

SPOILER:

he gets the girl back in the end

excellent move

This came on Cinemax free weekend and I got to see it again. Actually this basic plot of this movie would fit nicely.

Heroes seek revenge for Leah's death. Heroes kill the witch but later find out that Leah can be saved (her soul). Heroes then free Leah in exchange for their life or become the new angel of justice. Either way it should be the last expansion in the D3 series.
Reply Quote
If you watch the video on youtube (dont remember the exact video) but they put some much effort into her, I dont think they are done with here. Whether she makes a spiritual comeback in an expansion or even shows up again in a D4 is basically a wait and see. But I do think she will play an important role. Plus the game makers dropped some hints throughout the game that I think will play a role in either/both expansion or D4 as well.

a. Leah
    b. Thefts Guild
    c. Our favorite Gem crafter Shen.

These are just three (3) that stick out the most for me.

Finally, I would not be surprised if we dont see an addition again to out player characters out there. Hopefully something different, I dont want to see a remake of what we have already played (Warrior, Rogue, Amazon, Barbarian, Necro, Sorcerer(his and her), Druid, Paladin, Assassin, Monk, Witch Doctor, and Demon Hunter).

How about a Demon, Undead, or a Bard????????
Edited by Fathertime#1788 on 9/14/2012 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the question is:
what about Adria? where she is?
Reply Quote
I figured that the expansion, or the first expansion if they make more than one, would be focused on going after Adria and perhaps going after Dirgess, the spirit Covetous Shen is trying to destroy. I'm fine with redeeming Leah's soul or something but I also wouldn't want her to come back. I like the finality that the Diablo series has about those who mess with a soul stone. That no matter how pure or noble you're intent and spirit that your slowly whittled down and corrupted anyway. If they want to say her soul is inviolate and indestructible and that can be recovered/avenged/restored then that's fine with me, but I think it would cheapen the whole franchise even further to have her somehow just magically be OK and have her little inn when it's all said and done.

It's also possible her soul is trapped in the soul stone and that could be something tied into the plot with Adria or the expansion. They show the Prime Evil/Diablo's body dissolving but clearly show the stone falling away intact and they practically beat you over the head with the fact that "true evil never really dies". Also the arch angels can't be truly killed apparently unless their crystal is corrupted, they just resurrect from pandemonium, don't see any reason why it isn't the same for the demons. In D3 we don't destroy their source(like the archangels crystal), just the latest embodiment of their souls combined. I would assume that with all the talk about keeping the balance and the nephalem being outside the balance that the angels would have to dissapear if there were no prime evils as well because they would then be causing an imbalance themselves. The game implies that the Nephalem are the only individuals outside of a pre-recorded fate and destiny, outside of the "balance". All that to say I expect there to be more fighting against one or more prime evils in an expansion.

In the expansion I guess I would like to 1) kill Adria 2) rescue Leah's soul and put her to rest 3) play as an angelic or a demonic being for an additional character
Reply Quote
LEAH MUST come back...with a "id all" button attached... :)
Reply Quote
Leah must stay dead. Diablo isn't pulp, it's gothic-horror.

Get it inside your head, Jay. Pulp must go, heroes can't win and go ride to the sunset. In the Diablo we know and love, bad things happen to good people (all of the heroes from Diablo, the townsfolk of Tristram, Leoric and his family, Griswold, the barbarians at Mount Arreat).

Don't turn this story into World of Warcraft II: Electric Boogaloo. It's kind of sucky as it is already.
Reply Quote
-> Cue scene with male hero carrying semi-nude Leah after she became human again? Wait that's SC2...!
Reply Quote
Bring Caine Back !! And make him OP!!
Reply Quote
I remember reading a thread that said they could bring cain back to life by making it out to be a trick that belial played on the hero, it was all an illusion or something like that, to make the hero go get the black soulstone to free diablo.

That would be a cool expansion.

I prefer to think Cain will be ascended to heaven to take over as the Archangel of Wisdom.
Reply Quote
i hope they bring her back in an expansion. it was kind of upsetting for me that she died. weird, I know.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Leah must stay dead. Diablo isn't pulp, it's gothic-horror.

Get it inside your head, Jay. Pulp must go, heroes can't win and go ride to the sunset. In the Diablo we know and love, bad things happen to good people (all of the heroes from Diablo, the townsfolk of Tristram, Leoric and his family, Griswold, the barbarians at Mount Arreat).

Don't turn this story into World of Warcraft II: Electric Boogaloo. It's kind of sucky as it is already.

If you don't like pulp, it's clear you don't like Conan the Barbarian. And if you don't like Conan, you are not fit to be a man.

Sometimes, it's good to have an exception to the rule. Having everything be grimderp all the time gets boring. There is room for humor in the darkest of Mangas (Berserk), yet no room for at least one happy ending for one character in Diablo?

Bring Leah back!
Reply Quote
If you don't like pulp, it's clear you don't like Conan the Barbarian. And if you don't like Conan, you are not fit to be a man.

I dont like pulp for d3 only. But sir you are correct. If you dont like conan the barbarian. You have a gaping vag
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]